No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you guys just making predictions, because the only one I've heard is pretty much done is Jeffries re-signing in New York?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• should have clarified, was just repeating what whatshisface from hoopsworld was saying.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Sean Deveney: Bostjan Nachbar's agent says he'll "definitely" be in the NBA. Looking for playing time more than $. "Opportunity will be his top priority." Twitter
        If we are looking for minimum, short term contracts to fill out the roster, we could do worse than Nachbar. I'd certainly pick up the phone to see what he is looking for.

Comment

• I actually saw a rumour that Toronto was interested in Nachbar.

Boki Nachbar is returning from Europe still w/ great rep for shooting well, working hard: Raptors, Nets, Knicks, Spurs, Sixers checking in.

Source: @WojYahooNBA

He'd be a good cheap vet - but really only a replacement for Kleiza who I'd rather have.

Comment

• I'd take him over Kleiza in a heartbeat. A fantastic shooter that works hard on D? In a second.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I'd take him over Kleiza in a heartbeat. A fantastic shooter that works hard on D? In a second.
              I have always liked Nachbar and thought Kleiza was a clone of his when he signed. Ironic. Kleiza of course was not what I thought he would be. I am hoping it was his physical condition/injury (he played well in the Euro championships last yr). BN is probably a better shooter.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat

Colangelo said Raptors have had discussions for representatives for own FAs (Reggie, Wright, etc.) but "we have a lot of other pieces in play right now. I would not say re-signing any of those individuals has become a key priority "
                http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/WolstatSun/~TJLx9
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• While I'm sure Reggie loves the Toronto fans and his former Raptors teammates it's going to be tough for him to pass on playing a big role with the Celtics. It's going to be tough for Colangelo to sell him on team that won't have any use for him next season and might have issues finding him PT this season.

As for Wright, the guy turned me off when he refused to check in when his number was called last season. Wish him the best but glad he's out.

Comment

• Player transactions start 2pm Friday

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
                    The NBA has informed teams that they can begin player transactions at 2 p.m., ET on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.
                    via Twitter.com

Comment

• So Bryan has been telling the media that he's looking for a 5th big, a backup SF and a third PG. We've been talking ad nauseam about the center and SF positions - what do people think we should get for the third PG?

Has anyone considered Marcus Banks? I'm not sure if he 'retired', but he knows the team and has no problem playing third guard. He's a pretty good defensive player too. I'm sure he'd have no problem coming back for a 1 year deal. The problem most people had with him was his salary - but that should no longer be an issue.

Comment

• Rodney Carney or Earl Clark would be worth a flier and they'll come cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing what Colangelo does. This might be the sort of year where he unearths that diamond in the rough he's known for. He's due for one again.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So Bryan has been telling the media that he's looking for a 5th big, a backup SF and a third PG. We've been talking ad nauseam about the center and SF positions - what do people think we should get for the third PG?
                        It's a 3rd string PG so we can't expect too much and while Banks might fit I don't think he'll be back, just a gut feeling. I think Earl Watson would be perfect as a 3rd stringer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          So Bryan has been telling the media that he's looking for a 5th big, a backup SF and a third PG. We've been talking ad nauseam about the center and SF positions - what do people think we should get for the third PG?

Has anyone considered Marcus Banks? I'm not sure if he 'retired', but he knows the team and has no problem playing third guard. He's a pretty good defensive player too. I'm sure he'd have no problem coming back for a 1 year deal. The problem most people had with him was his salary - but that should no longer be an issue.
                          I would be all for Marcus Banks. He was a consummate professional and gave it his all when his number was called despite 'sporadic' playing time. To top it off, he was not bad when he played. One year minimum deal: do it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Rodney Carney or Earl Clark would be worth a flier and they'll come cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing what Colangelo does. This might be the sort of year where he unearths that diamond in the rough he's known for. He's due for one again.
                            I think he has one in James Johnson.... not as a starter in the long term but a 3/4 off the bench in a Diaw-like role in Phoenix.

Comment

• You can't have too many diamonds in the rough. Buy low, sell high.

Comment

• Apparently the Kings offered Chuck Hayes 4 years and 20 million. Think the Raps should up the ante? My vote is a resounding no.

source|: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-year-20m-deal

Comment

Working...
                                X