Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Apparently the Kings offered Chuck Hayes 4 years and 20 million. Think the Raps should up the ante? My vote is a resounding no.

source|: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-year-20m-deal
    Not for that price or anywhere near it, no f'ing way!

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      Apparently the Kings offered Chuck Hayes 4 years and 20 million. Think the Raps should up the ante? My vote is a resounding no.

source|: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...-year-20m-deal
      Absolutely, unequivocally, with a resounding NO.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

As for Wright, the guy turned me off when he refused to check in when his number was called last season. Wish him the best but glad he's out.

With you on this one 100%

Comment

• ShaneBattier Shane Battier
          Let's Go #Heat!!!!!
          Shane Battier
          ShaneBattier Shane Battier
          Miami!
          Via Twitter.com

Hopefully this ends the ridiculous chatter of Battier to Toronto. There was never a chance of him coming here. He was one of the most coveted free agents for top teams.

Comment

I think Earl Watson would be perfect as a 3rd stringer.
            I like Watson too. But he seems capable as a 2nd stringer. Wonder how he'd handle being in street clothes most nights in Toronto.

Comment

• So Miami is going to give him their full MLE?

Comment

So Miami is going to give him their full MLE?
                WallaceNBA_ESPN Won't be shocked if Shane deal is 2 years w/team opt/part guarantee for 3rd. But asked to be flex 4now on exact $ 2c who else can be lured.

Comment

• Grant Hill is signing with the Knicks.

Comment

• Idiots, both of them.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Grant Hill is signing with the Knicks.
                      Makes some sense.. after all Hill used to play for D’Antoni. I wonder if Hill could help lure Nash over during the trade deadline as well.

Comment

• I found a list of sleepers and guess who came up? This from ESPN Insider.

Earl Clark
                        Clark's story is similar to Fesenko's. His offensive game leaves much to be desired, but he showed promise on the defensive end with the Orlando Magic last season.
                        entering his third NBA season and turning just 24 in January, Clark is a talented player possessing unfulfilled potential, and it just may pay off for a new team to take a chance on him if he doesn't return to Orlando. A school of thought says the Suns might have given up on Clark too quickly.
                        Scout's take: "I'll start with this -- had Earl Clark been drafted by Orlando and coached by Stan Van Gundy from the beginning, he'd still be under his rookie contract. Clark is the classic guy who's too talented for his own good, so he can be lazy and unfocused. SVG is the perfect antidote for players like Clark. If he gets coached hard and is constantly being told exactly what's needed of him, he'll be a terrific defender and rebounder and a better than expected facilitator on offense. Think Lamar Odom, light. However, If the wrong team pays him, one with a passive coach who does not teach, he's dead on arrival." -- Thorpe
                        Source; ESPN.com

Comment

• Wow. One of the most beloved players of hardcore fans of the game to one of the most detestable...

Probably could have saved himself a bit by not quoting Jimmy buffett

Comment

• Forget Greg Oden too!

jwquick Jason Quick
                            BREAKING: Greg Oden will be a Trail Blazer next season. Agent Bill Duffy says Oden will sign 1-year qualifying offer on Friday for $8.9 mil

Comment

• Sometime '12: the most regretted contract offer of the 2011 offseason goes to.....

The ball is in Tyson Chandler’s court.

With NBA free agents allowed to officially sign contracts on Friday, Chandler has a deal from the Warriors in front of him worth more than $60 million over four years, according to two league sources.

The Warriors have made Chandler Priority No. 1 this offseason, and they hope to get an answer from Chandler on Day 1 of free agency. The hope is by Friday the Warriors will know if they have a defensive anchor at center or whether they’ll have to go in another direction.

Read more: Chandler has offer from Warriors
                              Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
                              http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warri...84&feedID=5882

Although, it might help them land and, more importantly, extend Chris Paul.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Idiots, both of them.
                                What? Battier gets to go live in an awesome climate and terrific city with no state income tax and he gets to play for a championship contender. Grant Hill goes to one of the best cities in the world, a basketball mecca, to play for his old coach and a playoff team.

Sounds pretty smart to me....

One of the things that I am curious about is whether Chicago does anything. They are the one contender you don't hear much about. Maybe a healthy Boozer for 66 games is enough of an internal improvement?

Comment

Working...
                                X