No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're overpaying but I understand why they're doing it. Even if they don't get Paul, they can trade Ellis for an impact player and maybe get back to the playoffs. They seem to never do proper rebuilds.

slaw wrote: View Post
    One of the things that I am curious about is whether Chicago does anything. They are the one contender you don't hear much about. Maybe a healthy Boozer for 66 games is enough of an internal improvement?
    They're courting Caron Butler and discussing Dwight Howard possibilities.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Re Oden. Hey, when you have a chance to give a guy $8.5mm who has hardly played in 3 years and has severe injury problems with his knees, well, you'd be crazy not to do it. He'll play what, 22 games this year? That's only about $400,000 per game. Steal...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        They're overpaying but I understand why they're doing it. Even if they don't get Paul, they can trade Ellis for an impact player and maybe get back to the playoffs. They seem to never do proper rebuilds.

They're courting Caron Butler and discussing Dwight Howard possibilities.
        HoopsWorld.com usually has ideas that I think are ridiculous. However, this was pretty good regarding GSW:

If the Warriors decide to include Curry and make the Paul trade there are rumors the team would then be interested in sending shooting guard Monta Ellis to Orlando in exchange for Jason Richardson in a sign and trade deal.

Golden State’s front office loves Richardson and would welcome his return to the franchise. On the other side, Orlando is desperately trying to keep Dwight Howard happy by acquiring additional talent.

If the Warriors pulled off these moves their starting five would look like this:

C: Tyson Chandler
        PF: David Lee
        SF: Dorrell Wright
        SG: Jason Richardson
        PG: Chris Paul

This squad would be contenders in the Western Conference as some of the usual top teams enter the season with plenty of question marks.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-war...-at-all-costs/

Comment

• We can remove Eddy Curry from the list as well

The Heat are signing him to a contract. Magloire for Curry - what a trade!

Comment

• They're also thinking about inviting Jamaal Tinsley to camp.

Comment

• Looks like the Knicks are prepared to trade or amnesty Chauncey Billups to sign Tyson Chandler.

Wow. That would totally end any possibility of the Knicks making a play in free agency for Chris Paul.

This is just me speculating but I wonder if the Knicks would trade and the Hornets would accept Amar'e for Chris Paul? Again, total speculation on my part.

All the big names are ablaze on twitter with this Berger, Woj, etc.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                They're also thinking about inviting Jamaal Tinsley to camp.
                The Raptors? I hope not. Not exactly the great character veteran I'd want.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Looks like the Knicks are prepared to trade or amnesty Chauncey Billups to sign Tyson Chandler.

Wow. That would totally end any possibility of the Knicks making a play in free agency for Chris Paul.

This is just me speculating but I wonder if the Knicks would trade and the Hornets would accept Amar'e for Chris Paul? Again, total speculation on my part.
                  I would think so. I'd do it in a second.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I would think so. I'd do it in a second.
                    I'm no longer the one speculating:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
                    Now to see if Knicks elect to put Amare Stoudemire in trade proposals to New Orleans for CP3. Sources say it's one option Knicks considering

Comment

I'm no longer the one speculating:
                      Hilarious. Either they're reading this forum or you should change your name to Nostradamus.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Hilarious. Either they're reading this forum or you should change your name to Nostradamus.
                        If I am Marc Stein's 'source' it certainly explains a lot of his bogus Raptor reports.

Comment

• The last day has been crazy and continues to get crazier:

Forget Chuck Hayes to Sacramento. Now they are looking at Minnesota!

ChrisBHaynes Chris Haynes
                          According to Chuck Hayes' agent, The #Sacramento #Kings & #Minnesota #Timberwolves are on equal ground in attaining Hayes. #NBA #Rockets
                          It certainly makes sense with Adelman there but what a backlog of players at PF and C:

Miller
                          Millicic
                          Pekovic
                          Love
                          Randolph
                          Tolliver
                          sometimes Beasley and Williams

Now throw in Hayes?!?!?!

Comment

• Expect a trade.

Comment

Looks like the Knicks are prepared to trade or amnesty Chauncey Billups to sign Tyson Chandler.

All the big names are ablaze on twitter with this Berger, Woj, etc.
                              Uhhhhhhh..... Didn't they JUST extend chauncey!?!

Apparently stupidity didn't leave the organization with Isaiah.

Comment

If I am Marc Stein's 'source' it certainly explains a lot of his bogus Raptor reports.
                                Hey, I've been Peter Vecsey's source for years! Welcome to the club.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X