Calderon to New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon to New York

Calderon and Antoine Wright to New York for Jarred Jeffries, Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas.

Jeffries will help defensively behind Turk and his contract expires next year. Wilson Chandler can provide some slashing and defense at the 2-3 spots. Toney Douglas would share backup PG duties with Marcus Banks.

D'Antoni is happy because Calderon plays a similar style to Nash. New York is happy because the presence of Calderon will make it more likely Lebron signs this offseason. Also, wright's contract expires this year.

Net win = Toronto

Toronto gets to get rid of Calderon's albatross of a contract and Wright's ineptness and picks up some good defensive players.

Chandler's going nowhere right now. The Knicks have extremely high hopes for this kid that at this point I'd consider him and Lee as the two only untouchables on the Knicks roster right now.

Comment

To me it looks like Gallinari is the only untradeable star on that team.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
        Meh, good shooter but lazy defender. I wouldn't say he's untouchable at all.

Comment

I think Chandler needs to revert to his past form before NYK consider including him in this type of a trade.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

If Calderon is the type of player that will make it more likely for LeBron to sign with the Knicks, why would you want to trade him?

Comment

Agreed -- by far the most valued asset the Knicks have judging from Donnie Walsh's quotes + David Lee's contractual situation. And rightly so.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I don't think there is anyone on the Knicks that the Raptors need. You cant look at their stats without taking into account their loose and stupid style of play. There is a reason the Knickerbockers have sucked for years, poor front office decisions. I'm not saying they dont have good players(Lee is pretty solid, for example). But I think playing in the current new york system causes players to develop bad habits. Why help the knicks become a better team with Calderon running the point?
                limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Calderon and Antoine Wright to New York for Jarred Jeffries, Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas.

Jeffries will help defensively behind Turk and his contract expires next year. Wilson Chandler can provide some slashing and defense at the 2-3 spots. Toney Douglas would share backup PG duties with Marcus Banks.

D'Antoni is happy because Calderon plays a similar style to Nash. New York is happy because the presence of Calderon will make it more likely Lebron signs this offseason. Also, wright's contract expires this year.

Net win = Toronto

Toronto gets to get rid of Calderon's albatross of a contract and Wright's ineptness and picks up some good defensive players.
                  Terrible trade for Toronto -

You don't toss a High Quality point guard away to get a slasher who isn't much further along than DeRozan and doesn't have DeRozan's potential.

Sure NYN would do this - It's a Huge Steal.
                  The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I have a better suggestion,
                    Calderon to New York for Jared Jeffries & Toney Douglas & 1st round protected 2012 pick

Why Knicks: Jared Jeffries most likely sign Player Option for next year. Since Knicks are looking towards 2010, so might as well get a steady point guard that will be part of your rebuilding team. Secondly, Mike D'Antioni would love to have player like Steve Nash, Jose Calderon is probably closest guys who plays like Nash. Pass first mentality with amazing range and great at great at pick-n-rolls. Jose would thrive in his system.

Why Raps: Amir Johnson & Antione Wright will be free agents, the chances both of them comming back are slim to none. So get a defender, Jared Jeffries, who can guard arguably 5 positions and doesn't take away offence. Raps now can sign a higher caliber player in free agency than Antione & Amir, or resign Amir or Antione. Toney Douglas is a rookie addition, he was good enough to backup Chris Duhon. With Hedo complaining about not enough ball in his hands. We can have lineup with Hedo ball-handling and Toney or Marcus playing off-ball. Turk problem solved. I strongly feel we can get 1st round pick. Which will help us in the future. To me this a good move for short & long term. Offence is not a problem for us, its our defence.

What do you guys think?
                    Last edited by d1m45h; Sat Jan 16, 2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

We can find a better suitor for Caldy.
                      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Hey as long as Jose continues to play better, the easier it'll be for BC to find that suitor for him come February 18th.

Comment

d1m45h wrote: View Post
                          I have a better suggestion,
                          Calderon to New York for Jared Jeffries & Toney Douglas & 1st round protected 2012 pick

Why Knicks: Jared Jeffries most likely sign Player Option for next year. Since Knicks are looking towards 2010, so might as well get a steady point guard that will be part of your rebuilding team. Secondly, Mike D'Antioni would love to have player like Steve Nash, Jose Calderon is probably closest guys who plays like Nash. Pass first mentality with amazing range. Jose would thrive in his system.

Why Raps: Amir Johnson & Antione Wright will be free agents, the chances both of them comming back are slim to none. So get a defender, Jared Jeffries, who can guard arguably 5 positions. Raps now can sign a higher caliber player in free agency than Antione & Amir, or resign Amir or Antione. Toney Douglas is a rookie addition. With Hedo complaining about not enough ball in his hands. We can have lineup with Hedo ball-handling and Toney or Marcus playing off-ball. Turk problem solved. I strongly feel we can get 1st round pick. Which will help us in the future. To me this a good move for short & long term.

What do you guys think?
                          Nuts! just plain nuts!

Hedo was complaining because he had a sore back. The lighter schedule will solve Hedo's problems.

AND, Jose is a far superior PG to JJ.

If Colangelo trades Jose, it will be for REAL talent not a throw away deal. NY has almost nothing to offer.
                          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

With Jack playing more like a second stringer these days I don't see the raptors trading Calderon. He is only coming off the bench because he is the better point guard(which sounds kinda crazy but makes sense somehow). Regardless, Jose for Jared Jeffries and a 2012 pick makes even less sense then Chandler for Jose.
                            limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Working...
                            X