Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Davis put the work in this summer (Sun article added post 24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis put the work in this summer (Sun article added post 24)

Via Twitter.com:

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    Ed Davis said he is up to about 233 or 234 pounds after ending rookie season at 216 #raptors

Hopefully that is 17 pounds of muscle. Assuming it is and glad to hear.

Sensational news
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thats terrific Ed. Enjoy playing centre for a year....

Comment

Amir needs to put on a couple pounds too he's a skinny dude. ED will be able to bang down low like a Boss with that muscle. 15 and 10 book that shit

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Via Twitter.com:

That is pretty good news, but you can bet your paycheck that once he get into "game shape" he will lose 5-10 of those pounds.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            That is pretty good news, but you can bet your paycheck that once he get into "game shape" he will lose 5-10 of those pounds.
            Minimal the season even with being shortened is a gring on their bodies. Just look at Bosh is last year in TO when he came back jacked and as the season wore on he lost so much size. Great to hear he put in that work though!

Comment

Via Twitter.com:

You can't gain anywhere near 17 pounds of muscle in such short amount of time. It's still good he's putting the time in though...

BTW Hopefully he doesn't end up like Bargs when he gained weight (he got slower and less explosive).

Comment

Bargnani was never explosive to start with...

Comment

This is the information I was looking all over the web for, I wanted to see if this guy was big enough to try the 5 out for size. With this added weight he might be able to play the 5. His excellent defensive instincts could make him a very good center in this league.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    You can't gain anywhere near 17 pounds of muscle in such short amount of time. It's still good he's putting the time in though...

BTW Hopefully he doesn't end up like Bargs when he gained weight (he got slower and less explosive).
                    Part of it is maturation. He turned 22 over the summer. I'm 6'7" and between my 2nd and 3rd year of university I gained 20 pounds with some serious time in the weight room. Part of it was just getting older but the majority was training under a specific training program and diet (steak and eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, steak for supper - lol, not quite but close enough).

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani was never explosive to start with...
                      Now im not too high up on bargs, but i do have to admit he has some ups. He's also very mobile for a 7 footer. So there is a bit of explosiveness in him. The only thing that lacks is defense and rebounding.

lets not turn this into another bargs isnt thread.

Im excited to see what davis will look like, and how he will play.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

This raises the question will the raptors depth chart look like this:

PG- Bayless/Calderon
                        SG- Derozan/Barbosa
                        SF- James Johnson/Kleiza/filler (until Kleiza gets healthy)
                        PF- Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson
                        C- Ed Davis/Solomon Alabi

That kinda looks like an exciting team to me... Just need a filler at the 3 maybe a Grant Hill?
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I have a brilliant idea on how to get players attracted to the idea of playing in Toronto.

SIGN Toronto's own, Drake to do pre-match shows. BAM solves all our problems with reeling in stars

Cant believe Colangelo never thought of it

k this was a piss take so dont rip me

Also, with Bargs shedding weight and getting fitter and Ed gaining some poundage, theyve pretty much directly switched roles which should cement Bargs move to PF, could mean that rather than having a 'blockage' at the 4 n 5 positions, they may go with what they have and Amir remains same role as last season, just Bargs and Ed switched.

Comment

Wow. A playing weight of 235 would be impressive for a guy with his frame.
                            Can't wait to see what he looks like.

Comment

Part of it is maturation. He turned 22 over the summer. I'm 6'7" and between my 2nd and 3rd year of university I gained 20 pounds with some serious time in the weight room. Part of it was just getting older but the majority was training under a specific training program and diet (steak and eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, steak for supper - lol, not quite but close enough).
                              I went from 135 to 190 in 2 years after I hit 22. Unfortunately that was probably 15 pounds too many. I'd tried desperately to gain weight my entire life before that. The downside is that I struggled with knee problems for several years after that. And then, well, some years later my knees are pretty much shot. I wouldn't recommend gaining that much weight that fast to anyone.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X