Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Paul Trade Rumors: The final deal (#133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt think they could do 2 consecutive yr first rounders.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i guess they're going away from the triangle offense?
      I think that was a certainty when Phil left the team.

Comment

anyways if lakers are smart they go for howard, not paul.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

[/INDENT][/INDENT]
          anyways if lakers are smart they go for howard, not paul.
          Chris Broussard from ESPN is now saying the Lake Show is trying to get BOTH Howard and Paul! I can't link it from my phone but it should be on the ESPn website.

We might as well be content with never winning a Championship if that happens, these teams are getting stupid.

Comment

There's zero chance of them getting both. Outside of Bynum what assets do they have?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              [/INDENT][/INDENT]

Chris Broussard from ESPN is now saying the Lake Show is trying to get BOTH Howard and Paul! I can't link it from my phone but it should be on the ESPn website.

We might as well be content with never winning a Championship if that happens, these teams are getting stupid.
              They don't have the assets to get both. That's a pipe dream.

Comment

There's zero chance of them getting both. Outside of Bynum what assets do they have?
                Luke Walton.... Derrick Caracter..... Derek Fisher.... I dunno, it could happen! lol

Comment

Maybe Magic organization made their collective Christmas wish for World Peace?

Comment

Magic organization aren't garbage men

NBA GM says Magic would let Dwight Howard walk for nothing "rather than take garbage the Lakers would offer. Nobody wants their old guys."
                    Source: Twitter @SamAmicoFSO

Comment

Absolutely. See if Dwight walks and leaves $25M guaranteed on the table. If he does, more power to him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Luke Walton.... Derrick Caracter..... Derek Fisher.... I dunno, it could happen! lol
                        The Lakers have Gasol and Odum which still might not be enough. Howard might go to the first team that is willing to eat Arenas and/or Turkoglu's contracts.

Trade Pau Gasol for Chris Paul. Trade Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu. It could work.
                        Last edited by stretch; Tue Dec 6, 2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          The Lakers have Gasol and Odum which still might not be enough. Howard might go to the first team that is willing to eat Arenas and/or Turkoglu's contracts.

Trade Pau Gasol for Chris Paul. Trade Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu. It could work.
                          Except the Hornets do not want Gasol who is 31 and owed nearly $60M over 3 more years and is showing signs of slowing down.

Comment

ESPN insider is saying that Paul let the Warriors and Clippers know that if they land Tyson Chandler their chances of him re-sign with them, should they make the trade, would be higher.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Except the Hornets do not want Gasol who is 31 and owed nearly $60M over 3 more years and is showing signs of slowing down.
                              Don't overlook that the NBA owns the Hornets so if the league deems this deal to be good for the league, which would be so FANtastic, then it would be a no brainer to move Paul to the Lakers to restore the buzz from last season that was killed by the lockout.
                              Last edited by stretch; Tue Dec 6, 2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

It's the wave of the future, some super teams and then the rest of the NBA is cannon fodder.

Comment

Working...
                                X