Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaal Magloire. We're signing him to a 1 year deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father rev wrote: View Post
    You heard it here first
    Actually, there is already a thread on this topic.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
      yeah, no problem with this. magloire sucks, and has for some time, but that's a good thing. he won't be stealing time away from the youngsters, he's a 10 mpg stop-gap, and won't help them win those extra half-dozen games that would hurt their lottery chances.
      Definitely agree. If anything he will help them lose a couple of more games. That is not trying to be mean - that is reality based on 18 games played with Miami last year who desperately needed a C.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
        yeah, no problem with this. magloire sucks, and has for some time, but that's a good thing. he won't be stealing time away from the youngsters, he's a 10 mpg stop-gap, and won't help them win those extra half-dozen games that would hurt their lottery chances.
        Exactly.

Comment

With Magloire taking care of all the meaningless "how does it feel to be the 1st Canadian Raptor?" questions, Myck Kabongo can be left to answer REAL questions when Colangelo drafts him next summer

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            I'm with you on this one. This signing won't matter a bit as his game has tapered off over the last 5 years. I hate to say this but this is more of a marketing move that clogs the front court, puts Bargs at the four position (unless he stays at C with Magloire backing him up) and displaces Amir. I dunno. Unless we just ship Amir out of town while he still has value.
            This is my guess on the lineups
            Starters C- DAvis . PF- Bargnani
            Backups C- Magloire. Pf - Amir

I dont mind it and i can see magloire mentoring Daivs very well.

Im happy with the Magloire signing.

Comment

Like.

With the potential for injury that a shortened packed in season brings, itll be nice to have extra bodies. Not to mention having a 265lb Vet to push around at practice. Itll be good for ED and Alabi.

Comment

Well, at least he's better than Dan Gadzuric.

Comment

Who cares? Seriously, there is no reason to be against this. He's not going to make much and he's probably not going to play much.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Well, at least he's better than Dan Gadzuric.
                    Not last year, he wasn't. Not even close.

Comment

Think this signing is perfect. Veteran who will be a great practice body and will be able to help out Ed, Amir and Dre with his experience. His game has dropped of the face of the earth but he used to be a solid pro so he's got somethings to share with the kids. Hopefully we can add another wing and a guard in this same kind of mold that doesn't take away PT from the young guys.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I have no problem with this signing.

But what I find amusing is that all that summertime talk of desperately needing to acquire a defensive center has completely evaporated. Gotta love Bargnani-protecting lip service, lol.

[Colangelo]: "No, no, it wasn't Bargnani's fault we couldn't protect the paint, it was because we don't have a defensive center"

6 months later...

[Colangelo]: "We will not be acquiring a defensive center"
                        I think Magloire has historically been a "defensive center" hasnt he?
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I think Magloire is actually a good player, sure he didnt play much last year, but he is dirt cheap, and averages about 7 and 7 and 1 block per game for his career in 22 min. not bad. He even had 19 rebounds against toronto when he played against us last year. Atleast he is a big body that can block and rebound in the middle. Im all for this signing.
                          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Not a done deal

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
                            On Magloire front, still only a possibility not 100% happening per a source, but I say odds are very good he signs with Toronto tomorrow
                            Not a doen deal.

Comment

I'd like to see Shane Battier here too...
                              Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                                I think Magloire has historically been a "defensive center" hasnt he?
                                You're right, but he's no longer that player. And he's definitely not capable of "hiding" Bargnani's deficiencies, as we were led to believe a defensive center would do.

Comment

Working...
                                X