Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Idea: Bosh and Calderon To the Kings

Bosh, Calderon and POB to Sacramento for

T. Evans, J. Thompson, along with Abdur-Rahim and K. Thomas and their combined $15 million in expiring contracts.

This is not as ridiculous as it might seem at first.

1. T. Evans is a big and strong PG who will become an all-star within a couple of years. He already plays a pretty good defense, better than Calderon.

2. J. Thompson is not a CB4 but he is young and big and has a pretty good all around game. He is averaging 14 and 9 in his second year and should only continue to get better. Raptors wouldn't lose much on the defensive side at this time by exchanging CB4 for him.

3. $15 million in Cap space coming off of the books on July 1st.

Would the Kings do this deal?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Would the Kings do this deal?
    Nope ... Speaking with Kings fans at another forum, they're banking on Evans to be the next big star. And based on what I've seen from him in his rookie campaign, its hard to argue that.

Now, tweak it and add Martin instead then "yes" the Kings do it, but then for some reason I don't see Bosh being involved any longer.

Unless its a Jose for Martin deal, Sacramento isn't a good trading partner for Toronto. JMO

Comment

The Kings aren't giving up Tyreke Evans for anything less than an MVP caliber talent ... and they certainly aren't giving him up for a star player who'll be an unrestricted free agent this summer and a lock to leave their ball club due their post-trade lack of talent.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Yea, I have to agree with Doc and Dave - be it right or wrong, Evans is pretty much on a no trade list, even for somebody as awesome as Bosh.

But like Doc said, add in Kevin Martin and it's something the Kings really have to consider.

Now, I personally don't think Kevin and Tyreke will have much problem playing together like most national sports writers do. Kevin really doesn't need the ball to be effective unlike Tyreke, so, I think they'd mesh well in due time.

With that said, even trading Martin and Thompson for Bosh is risky, so, I'm pretty sure they'd really only consider it if they were fully sure that Bosh would re-sign.

Also of note, the Kings were granted a medical exception for Reef's contract, so, it's not available in trade since he's "technically" off the books.

I have to think the Kings are starting to become more and more interested in moving Spencer Hawes as well. The guy has so many tools but just lacks any emotion to go with them and that's really a shame. He's far more talented than Jason Thompson, but Thompson has a motor. Hawes doesn't.

A possible Martin, Thompson, and change for Bosh is something I think the Kings would consider if they knew Bosh would re-sign, but, I doubt he would...and I wonder if the Raptors couldn't get a little better return than that as well.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Unless its a Jose for Martin deal, Sacramento isn't a good trading partner for Toronto. JMO
          Agreed. Martin is a prolific scorer but beyond that he doesn't do much. On a good team he's a sidekick, not the man. Calderon and fillers for Martin or no dice.

Comment

Agreed. Martin is a prolific scorer but beyond that he doesn't do much. On a good team he's a sidekick, not the man. Calderon and fillers for Martin or no dice.
            Kings would have a TON of money tied up into PG's then. Calderon, Udrih, Evans.

And oddly enough, as much as I despised the guy, Udrih is playing really well. *gags* lol

Comment

Eze wrote: View Post
              Kings would have a TON of money tied up into PG's then. Calderon, Udrih, Evans.

And oddly enough, as much as I despised the guy, Udrih is playing really well. *gags* lol
              Kings need Bosh more that the Raptors need Martin. Or at least in my brain I think that.

I'd love to pry away Martin from you guys, but like you said the Maloof's would be investing too much in three PG's by getting Calderon too. Eventhough I see Evans evolving into the same mold as Dwyane Wade rather than a regular PG.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Kings need Bosh more that the Raptors need Martin. Or at least in my brain I think that.

I'd love to pry away Martin from you guys, but like you said the Maloof's would be investing too much in three PG's by getting Calderon too. Eventhough I see Evans evolving into the same mold as Dwyane Wade rather than a regular PG.
                Oh without a doubt the Kings need Bosh more than you guys need Martin.

But, I mean, they'd have like...17? million thrown into Beno and Jose a year, which is just scary. hah

The Kings really just need something in the post. Hawes plays far too soft and Thompson is what he is. I just don't know where they plan to get that. Though, I have to admit, for a team that's watching their finances as close as the Kings have...bringing in Hilton Armstrong says they've got something planned for Kenny Thomas and that expiring. No real reason to bring in a bench rider for 3 million bucks (even though the Hornets are paying his salary) unless they feel like they'll need a big man to replace what they've lost in a trade.

I really hope Bosh sticks around in Toronto. He's really one of my favorite players to watch outside of the Kings. And that would be such a devastating blow if he walks. I don't envy BC in the least right now.

I remember how scary it was when Webber was going into free agency and had the Knicks throwing the world at him. Had he left, it would have killed the franchise. Sorta like his knee did anyway. lol

Comment

Working...
                X