Linsanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    Most he can be paid per year is $5M but just wondering where the trade is here to be in the trade forum?
    If that's the case my guess is that the Knicks will find a way to pay the max and Lin will want to stay in New York. Who can argue with success?

Comment

He's not going to be nearly as successful on another team. Better for him to stay with the knicks

Comment

The most he can get paid is MLE - that is essentially the "Gilbert Arenas Rule" where he left GSW to sign a huge contract with Washington.

I think a large part of his success is due to D'Antoni's system (do not get me wrong, he more than deserves the credit for actually doing it though). Will he be this successful next year if D'Antoni is not back which appears to be a high probability.

Comment

Yeah, I know there's no way NY lets him walk at this stage hence the "what if he was UFA" - so to clarify - in the coming years when he is, would you break the bank for him?

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I know there's no way NY lets him walk at this stage hence the "what if he was UFA" - so to clarify - in the coming years when he is, would you break the bank for him?
            Let you know in coming years after we have seen more than three weeks of his play.

Comment

How Miami Shut Down Jeremy Lin

Just make him use his left

Strategy 5: Keep Him on His Left
              Employed by: Minnesota and Sacramento

Lin's proven weakness over the last 11 games is his inability to go left: using his left hand, driving to the left, or finishing with his left hand. Both the Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings noticed. They would either force him away from the screen if it was set on his right, or into his screen if it was set on the left. Once the basketball went into his left hand, defenses didn't allow him to bring it back to his right. In the image above, before Chandler has even set the screen, Ricky Rubio begins pressuring Lin to the left, and Nikola Pekovic ranges over, ready to stop any penetration.

Why it works: The key to this defense is the point guard defender. Once he initially makes Lin go left, he stays with the play to try to create a turnover. If Lin tries to bring the ball back to his right, the defender is there to poke at it.

Until Lin can make the defense pay by creating with his left hand, this is the strategy defenses should use. He faced this type of defense 35 times, scoring just 15 points on 5-of-16 shooting, with more turnovers (10) than assists (nine). Lin's going to get better with his left hand as he gets more experience, but it won't be an instant improvement.
              Source

Comment

Was watching this game last night on NBATV. Was a great game, but Lin was just Brutal. His turnovers weren't even from trying to make difficult passes. Most of them were careless tip aways, strips and steals. Was ugly to watch. I'm still not sold on this guy.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Was watching this game last night on NBATV. Was a great game, but Lin was just Brutal. His turnovers weren't even from trying to make difficult passes. Most of them were careless tip aways, strips and steals. Was ugly to watch. I'm still not sold on this guy.
                  Part of the reason why so many teams passed on him is his suspect defence and his ability to take care of the ball. There's no way in hell that Casey would've allowed Lin to be in his team knowing this. He was on the summer league roster for Dallas and was cut because he didn't fit the defensive culture of the team. I'm not a hater, I just think that he's playing well right now but the league is making adjustments on him. I give it another month and his numbers will go back to normal.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

what is normal? all i can say is they are going to drop like flies. He signed all these stupid endorsements and Lin and his lawyer are trying to trademark the name "Linsanity". It will be hilarious when he comes back down to earth and starts playing like a bench player.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      ... I just think that he's playing well right now but the league is making adjustments on him. I give it another month and his numbers will go back to normal.
                      He seems to have a reasonable skill set. One thing that is hard to do, in my opinion, is find players with court vision. Lin seems to have it. Teams have made adjustments, now Lin will have to make adjustments. If he is a smart player (and he would appear to have the mental wheels to run in this league) then he will make adjustments as well - to his skills, his style and his favourite moves. I don't expect he will keep up the numbers he had in his first two weeks, but now that his coach and others have seen what he is capable of, I expect him to do well.

As the comment under the video says, Lin is goign to get better, with his left hand and everything else. He's had a taste. He will want more.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        what is normal? all i can say is they are going to drop like flies. He signed all these stupid endorsements and Lin and his lawyer are trying to trademark the name "Linsanity". It will be hilarious when he comes back down to earth and starts playing like a bench player.
                        I haven't seen or read anything to suggest he left earth and don't know why it would be hilarious to see him fail...

Btw, he only is trying to trademark 'linsanity' because other people are trying to do so.

Comment

I'm not sold on Lin either, and it's shocking, I'm asian. What does that have to do with anything? ALOT.

Back to the topic... Im not sold, he is a very skilled player, and hell he can play, but his inability to use both hands, liability defensively, and inability to take care of the ball is actually key in a point guard. Those things can be hidden from a very good defensive team, and other ball handlers. Unfortunately, Lin doesn't have another guy like a Lebron or Wade who can take it up the court every second position, because when Carmelo does it, it leads to a horrific offensive position or quick shot. New York has improved defensively because of Chandler, but systematically they just aren't a good defensive team at all, ability to use two hands as a point guard in the NBA is just a need. Im a point guard in high school, and hell if you don't have both hands you're done, how about the NBA.

I think his number will have a major drop, but not enough to put his ass back on the bench, because remember he is a high IQ player i.e he's from Harvard. He will probably average like 10 points, 5 assists, and 4 turnovers.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            I haven't seen or read anything to suggest he left earth and don't know why it would be hilarious to see him fail...

Btw, he only is trying to trademark 'linsanity' because other people are trying to do so.
                            Because he's overhyped like raymond felton was. Do you seriously think he can maintain these numbers?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Because he's overhyped like raymond felton was. Do you seriously think he can maintain these numbers?
                              He could, if he just miraculously develops a left hand and becomes smarter with the ball.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                He could, if he just miraculously develops a left hand and becomes smarter with the ball.
                                i doubt it. I like lin but he won't be able to maintain these numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X