No centre playing time for Davis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gray/alabi/magloire

Gray and Alabi split minutes (whoever is playing best) with magloire playing for the last minute in the second and first minute in the third.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Gray will start

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
        Jamal said it in his post practice interview on Friday. He said they ran the same defensive stuff in Miami so he understands it already.
        Cool. Thanks. I must have missed that part.

Comment

I'd very surprised if either Magloire, Alabi or Gray start. They weren't brought here to take minutes away from Davis, Amir and Bargs. They'll provide spot minutes, nothing more.

As for Casey running the "same" defense as Miami, it was said so in very loose terms, referring to the pack it in/zone it up philosophy. It's no different than saying two teams using a PNR run the same offense. Obviously there's a lot of variability within a scheme. Magloire still has to learn Casey's system.

And I can't say I like the idea of Davis not starting. He needs 30+ mpg. Whether at C or PF, he needs to be on the floor the majority of the game.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'd very surprised if either Magloire, Alabi or Gray start. They weren't brought here to take minutes away from Davis, Amir and Bargs. They'll provide spot minutes, nothing more.

As for Casey running the "same" defense as Miami, it was said so in very loose terms, referring to the pack it in/zone it up philosophy. It's no different than saying two teams using a PNR run the same offense. Obviously there's a lot of variability within a scheme. Magloire still has to learn Casey's system.

And I can't say I like the idea of Davis not starting. He needs 30+ mpg. Whether at C or PF, he needs to be on the floor the majority of the game.
            Running the same defensive stuff was probably in relation to the PNR defense they focused on, not the complete system.

About Davis not starting and needing minutes: it's a stuffed schedule, playing 30 minutes a game every game might not be that good. Casey alluded to the idea that he would be distributing minutes more because of that schedule and that doesn't seem a bad thing for e.g. Amir and Davis to keep their bodies together.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Via Twitter.com:

So if Bargnani starts at PF.

ED is the backup PF.

Amir will play both the 4 and 5.

Not quite clear who starts at C.
              My money is on Amir starting and then Magloire, Alabi and Gray getting the rest.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                My money is on Amir starting and then Magloire, Alabi and Gray getting the rest.
                I hope so.

Position = 2010/11 starting lineup = 2011/12 lineup

PF = Evans = Bargnani
                C = Bargnani = Amir
                1st off bench = Amir = Davis
                2nd off bench = Davis = Gray
                3rd off bench = Dorsey = Magloire
                4th off bench = Ajinca = Alabi
                buried on Bench = Alabi = no one

Does that even make sense?

Comment

It doesn't matter where bargs plays because he will blow so many defensive plays over and over again until Casey sits his ass on the bench.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    On Raptors Today Dwayn Casey said Amir will come in slowly right now until his ankle is 100%. so Pf mins iwll be davis bargnani im guessing.
                    Amir's ankle not at 100% yet? Yikes... I was hoping this 'extra' time off due to the lock out would bold well for the youngster/veteran...
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                    X