No announcement yet.

Buyer's remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read yesterday his agent is working on getting him out of the NBA right now.

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Nuggs leaning towards matching Forbes' offer. door open for brewer?
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Opens the door to one of the Reggies.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
          i'm kind of thinking that most of these guys - or similar stop-gap players - would be available. maybe not these exact players, but guys of similar ilk. are we really expecting anything of substance out of them? if he's just looking to fill out the roster - and these signings are that to a T - then why not just wait a few minutes & see how the market plays out? OMG, they might miss the chance to sign anthony carter or rasual butler!?! heavens to betsy NO! where oh where would they ever be able to find comprable talent?

They main reason why it's not worth waiting? Until they Signed Magoire they only had 9 guys for training camp. There are very few opportunities to practice during the year. What's the point of waiting around for a marginally better player who you are most likely only going to sign for a 1 year deal and who is most likely not going to be with the team long term? If we even had one or two more weeks until training camp started than i'd be more likely to say let's wait and see what becomes available, but with the season just around the corner, it's important (imo) to have as many bodies as you can in the gym as soon as possible and THAT is what trumps and advantage you could gain by waiting.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            They main reason why it's not worth waiting? Until they Signed Magoire they only had 9 guys for training camp. There are very few opportunities to practice during the year. What's the point of waiting around for a marginally better player who you are most likely only going to sign for a 1 year deal and who is most likely not going to be with the team long term? If we even had one or two more weeks until training camp started than i'd be more likely to say let's wait and see what becomes available, but with the season just around the corner, it's important (imo) to have as many bodies as you can in the gym as soon as possible and THAT is what trumps and advantage you could gain by waiting.
            meh...this whole season is training camp. waiting an extra few days to fill out the roster isn't going to change anything...well, it may delay them coming together, which won't help them win games and OH MY GOD THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. i know we're supposed to reject the idea of tanking, but the reality is, it's the best/fastest way to get back to respectability, and hopefully from there, to being a contender. and by 'tanking,' i don't mean purposefully trying to lose every game - it's simply a matter of putting off making moves that would produce immediate results and focusing instead on planning for the future & developing the talent you've already got.

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Nuggs leaning towards matching Forbes' offer. door open for brewer?
              I'd prefer Reggie Wililams but would not be distraught over Brewer.

Raul Barrigon: Nuggets are leaning toward matching the Raptors' offer for Gary Forbes, one source told HoopsHype. Could happen as early as today. Twitter
              Whatever they do they will have to make up their mind today. My understanding is the paperwork for the offer was done on Saturday.

Comment

meh...this whole season is training camp. waiting an extra few days to fill out the roster isn't going to change anything...well, it may delay them coming together, which won't help them win games and OH MY GOD THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. i know we're supposed to reject the idea of tanking, but the reality is, it's the best/fastest way to get back to respectability, and hopefully from there, to being a contender. and by 'tanking,' i don't mean purposefully trying to lose every game - it's simply a matter of putting off making moves that would produce immediate results and focusing instead on planning for the future & developing the talent you've already got.
                If the point is tanking, as you say, then what's the point of waiting to sign better players? Shouldn't your argument be that coangelo would have been better off waiting to see who was available, and then sign the worst players available (as long as said players don't have a bad attitude)?

I agree that the whole season is basically a training camp, but based on my limited experiencing (coaching HS basketball) it is really really really difficult to run a practice with less than 10 players. I also think that training camp is an important time to instill attitudes and get players to buy into new philosophies. If that means that it adds two to three wins in the win column this year i'm not going to complain.

I would also point out that you can lose a lot of games doing the right things BEFORE you start winning games doing the right things. I'd rather the process of doing the right things starts as soon as possible.

I'd be fine with having the worst record in the league. I'd also be fine if we made the playoffs (which i don't think we will). What I care more than either of these two outcomes is HOW we are playing. Ideally, we are playing the right kind of basketball but still lose.

If I had to choose between team cohesion and winning more games or low team cohesion and losing a lot of games, I'll take team cohesion, but again that's just my opinion.

To me, getting the guys to play the right kind of basketball is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing, and I think that task is easier/more likely to happen by maximizing available practice time and by getting your team together as soon as possible, not by waiting to see who comes available.

ps. I also just don't it's BC's personality, to look back at a missed opportunity and say "I wish I would have done something different" for better or worse i think he is more likely to say "that didn't work out as well as I expected it to, but what can I do now to address/change the situation moving forward"
                Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 03:13 PM.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Brewer/Rudy going to Denver?

ESPN is reporting that Rudy is going to Denver, and they are interested in Brewer as well:

HoopsHype's own @BarriHoopsHype confirms Rudy's Denver-bound. Mavs known to still have high hopes for Brewer but Denver in hunt for him, too
                  ESPN sources: In most advanced scenario, Nuggets offer to take Rudy F and Brewer from Dallas into cap space for future draft considerations
                  Source: @ESPNSteinLine

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    If the point is tanking, as you say, then what's the point of waiting to sign better players? Shouldn't your argument be that coangelo would have been better off waiting to see who was available, and then sign the worst players available (as long as said players don't have a bad attitude)?

I agree that the whole season is basically a training camp, but based on my limited experiencing (coaching HS basketball) it is really really really difficult to run a practice with less than 10 players. I also think that training camp is an important time to instill attitudes and get players to buy into new philosophies. If that means that it adds two to three wins in the win column this year i'm not going to complain.

I would also point out that you can lose a lot of games doing the right things BEFORE you start winning games doing the right things. I'd rather the process of doing the right things starts as soon as possible.

I'd be fine with having the worst record in the league. I'd also be fine if we made the playoffs (which i don't think we will). What I care more than either of these two outcomes is HOW we are playing. Ideally, we are playing the right kind of basketball but still lose.

If I had to choose between team cohesion and winning more games or low team cohesion and losing a lot of games, I'll take team cohesion, but again that's just my opinion.

To me, getting the guys to play the right kind of basketball is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing, and I think that task is easier/more likely to happen by maximizing available practice time and by getting your team together as soon as possible, not by waiting to see who comes available.

ps. I also just don't it's BC's personality, to look back at a missed opportunity and say "I wish I would have done something different" for better or worse i think he is more likely to say "that didn't work out as well as I expected it to, but what can I do now to address/change the situation moving forward"
                    both would have fit the grand plan though - acquiring young players who have yet to establish themselves as bona fide NBA players, and giving them an opportunity. i don't for a second think that either are good enough to make much of a difference, certainly not on a team like the raptors...but i'd prefer to see guys like that getting PT than vets who've already had their opportunity & who are well-known commodities. nothing against vets, mind you, they are important. just don't see the point. if you've got roster spots & the $ to blow on guys who have no future in the L, then might as well take a chance on guys who might actually have a future? worst case, it doesn't work out (i.e. they don't fit into the long-term plans), but at least young players like brewer & (to a lesser extent, rudy) still have value on the market, and could be flipped into something at the TD.

i don't want to suggest that i'm up in arms over BC's approach over the last week or so...i like that he's clearly looking forward to the future, and his signings so far have been simple stop-gaps to fill the roster. my whole argument is that the likes of butler or carter will be there later. sure, go get gray (not sure why magloire was signed, but oh well) & make an attempt at forbes - low risk, medium reward. just think that with all the activity that was/is going on, with guys being amnestied, & others being traded for TPEs, picks etc., that a little patience might have proven beneficial. the nuggs, apparently, just acquired brewer & fernandez for a future 2nd rd pick, using melo's TPE (something we could have offered as well)...doesn't having those guys sound a little more enticing - both short & long term - than rasual butler and the rest of the pu pu platter?
                    Last edited by yertu damkule; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X