Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors looking at Reggie Williams in case Forbes falls through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors looking at Reggie Williams in case Forbes falls through?

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Free agent forward Reggie Williams still talking to several teams, including Charlotte, Detroit, Sacramento, Denver, Toronto, sources say.
    timpchisholm Tim Chisholm
    Woj says Raps poking around Reggie Williams. Assume it's insurance in case Forbes is matched by Denver (also looking at Williams).
    I would prefer Williams to Forbes but I imagine Williams would be more expensive.

I'd prefer RWills, too. Having him, JJ and Butler gives us size and athleticism when Kleiza's injured/benched.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Get'r done BC !!! Get'r done!!!!!

Comment

What does it say that not one of those teams interested is a playoff team?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It could tell you that he's an inexperienced player who's never been tested in the playoffs. All the teams listed are teams rebuilding and looking to add undiscovered talent.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            What does it say that not one of those teams interested is a playoff team?
            There are a lot of non-playoff teams looking for 3 point shooting and diamonds in the rough? They see a talented 25 year old who shot 42.3% from three last year on 3 attempts per game and are interested?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There are a lot of non-playoff teams looking for 3 point shooting and diamonds in the rough? They see a talented 25 year old who shot 42.3% from three last year on 3 attempts per game and are interested?
              I prefer Williams over Butler if you ask me. He is what we need to shoot the 3-rock.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Butler is still pretty wet tho

Comment

Toronto Wants Reggie Williams

I wish we sigh him over Gary Forbes

"The Bobcats, Raptors, Trail Blazers and Rockets are the four teams in hottest pursuit of unrestricted free agent swingman Reggie Williams, according to a league source. Williams became unrestricted over the weekend when his former team, the Warriors, rescinded its qualifying offer to him in order to clear room for a four-year, $43 million offer sheet Golden State made to Clippers center DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers matched the sheet on Jordan Monday.
                  The 25-year-old Williams is one of the better shooters still available in free agency. He made 42 percent of his three-pointers at Golden State last season, averaging 9.2 points, mainly off the bench, for the Warriors. The two-time NCAA scoring champ from VMI burst onto the NBA scene out of the Developmental League in 2010, averaging 15 points in 24 games for the Warriors after being called up. He worked out for the Bobcats in Charlotte on Sunday."

Comment

I doubt it. If teams like the trail blazers and Rockets are after him it'll be sorta hard to pry him away.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I doubt it. If teams like the trail blazers and Rockets are after him it'll be sorta hard to pry him away.
                      Remember BC pryed Hedo away for Portland at the last second. Although, that FA signing didn't work out. It still happened. But it doesn't look like we'll be chasing Reggie Williams any more. According to NuggLove, the Raptors have officially signed and overpaid for Gary Forbes.

http://nugglove.com/2011/12/13/nugge...er-for-forbes/

Comment

I remember the good old days when it was strange not to have at least two Williams' on roster.

Comment

Givony/DraftExpress.com weighs in on Reggie Williams signing

Some scathing tweets - read from bottom up.

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony
                          Every time Reggie Williams was asked to play real basketball (France 2008/2009, Spain earlier this year) he failed miserably. Big red flag.

Putting up numbers on a losing team where NOTHING's asked of you defensively & you can take any shot you want doesn't say much in my opinion

Nothing personal against Reggie guys. Just feel there are a lot of guys who would have put up similar numbers in the situation he was in GS.
                          @
                          .@kpelton I heard Damon Jones was killing at Joe Abunasar's this summer. You should give him a call.
                          ScottSchroeder Scott Schroeder
                          Since @DraftExpress started going in on Reggie Williams, I've got four texts from NBA people. Three of the four agree with Jonathan. :-(

Sure, Reggie Williams can make 3s. But so can a lot of other 6-4 guys who would play for the minimum. They might actually try on defense too

In all fairness, its probably much harder to play in Vitoria than Golden State or Charlotte in terms of demands/expectations/pressure, etc
                          This is true. RT @marino13882: We did sign melvin ely earlier, cant be any worse can it?
                          If you're not good enough to get off the bench for Caja Laboral, then clearly you deserve to get 5 million dollars from the Bobcats, right?

Comment

Apparently Toronto isn't in the running for Williams...
                            The Knicks, Blazers, Bobcats and Pistons are the four finalists for wing Reggie Williams, according to sources.

Williams was a restricted free agent of the Warriors, but they rescinded their qualifying offer to sign DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet.
                            http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gYdvVbUH

That makes sense now that Denver has decided not to match the Raptors offer for Forbes.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Apparently Toronto isn't in the running for Williams...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gYdvVbUH

That makes sense now that Denver has decided not to match the Raptors offer for Forbes.
                              And that he signed a 2 year, $5M contract with Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
                              X