Carter in, Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I can probably come up with 15-20 names I'd rather have than Calderon.

BTW, I think the assist-turnover ratio stat is one of the most pointless stats in basketball. Who would you rather have?

1) A player who averages 12 assists and 4 turnovers (3:1 ratio)
    OR
    2) A player who averages 3 assists and 0.5 turnovers (6:1 ratio)
    Ya, but Calderon not only doesn't turn the ball over, he also gets assists. He's finished in the top ten a few times. And those assists are gained as part of him actually running the offense. I really think Raptor fans constantly undervalue what Calderon brings to the team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Ya, but Calderon not only doesn't turn the ball over, he also gets assists. He's finished in the top ten a few times. And those assists are gained as part of him actually running the offense. I really think Raptor fans constantly undervalue what Calderon brings to the team.
      Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Calderon's ability to run an offense. But when his shot isn't falling, and when he isn't aggressive turning the corner (which was more often than not last year), he becomes as 1-dimensional as Bargnani.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I say give Bayless the nod and let him show what he can do. Anthony carter will scream in his ear if he doesn't play well,so we got nothin to worry about.
        I agree with this post.
        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Calderon's ability to run an offense. But when his shot isn't falling, and when he isn't aggressive turning the corner (which was more often than not last year), he becomes as 1-dimensional as Bargnani.
          Yes, that's true. When his shot isn't falling, it really hurts the team and his game. For all the talk about last season, though, he still shot 44 % from the field and .365 from three. A lot of guards would take those numbers.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

When his lower body gets injured he always struggles with his shot. A healthy Calderon is money. How do you say good fundamentals in Spanish?

Comment

Jerryd bayless was pretty lights out from 3 last year. I'd expect him to continue that this year

Comment

I can probably come up with 15-20 names I'd rather have than Calderon.

BTW, I think the assist-turnover ratio stat is one of the most pointless stats in basketball. Who would you rather have?

1) A player who averages 12 assists and 4 turnovers (3:1 ratio)
                OR
                2) A player who averages 3 assists and 0.5 turnovers (6:1 ratio)
                do you consider these 15-20 to be better because they are more flashy?
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  When his lower body gets injured he always struggles with his shot. A healthy Calderon is money. How do you say good fundamentals in Spanish?
                  buenos fundamentos lol
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                    do you consider these 15-20 to be better because they are more flashy?
                    No, because they're more productive.

Comment

Nash, Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Wall, Curry, Jennings, Conley, Billups, Harris, Parker... Out of my head, can't find anybody else. Kidd maybe. That's about it.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Nash, Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Wall, Curry, Jennings, Conley, Billups, Harris, Parker... Out of my head, can't find anybody else. Kidd maybe. That's about it.
                        I don't know about Jennings, Harris or Conley. Jennings certainly has the potential to be a better player, but his decision making is still piss poor (hence the horrible field goal percentage), which is probably not a good thing for a PG. Harris is a better "player" than Calderon, but not a better PG. Harris has never been very good at running a team, which his teammates have always complained about. Plus he's not much better at defense than Calderon. And Conley is certainly a decent PG, but that's about it.

Ya, Calderon is probably one of the more underrated players among Raptor fans.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dwayn Casey: Carter is "like an old pair of socks"

Speaking of former Heat relics still ticking, yes, that is Anthony Carter, at 36, making a go of it in the Toronto Raptors' backcourt. "He's like an old pair of socks," new Raptors coach Dwane Casey told the Toronto media. "Every place that he's been he's always started out as a third guard and, by the end of the day, he just moves his way up and earns his minutes."
                          Source: Sun Sentinel

Comment

Working...
                          X