X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atl - to - lac

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=blhqfsq
    This is assuming the clippers deal with paul does not go through

Williams contract is fairly high, but he is still a young player and can a strong role player. We also get a young prospect at the Sf. We get rid of Kleiza whose contract is the same length as williams, and give up Barbosa. Not a great deal, but we get a good young role player, and a very young prospect, for an injured player, and a player who will leave next year anyway.

ATL gets Barbosa to replace crawfords scoring off the bench, as well as finally getting a Center. They also get Kleiza who will be a good role player once he has healed.

clippers get Smith.

interesting trade, but I'm not sold. Why do the clippers want josh smith? to come off the bench and back up Blake Griffen? or do you have him playing SF, an then does he start or is he back up to Caron Butler?

For the raptors we have

4.6+7.6=12.2 million outgoing for 2011-2012 and 7.5+2.75=10.25mill incoming
    4.6 mill outgoing 2012-2013 and 8.3+2.9= 11.2 mill incoming
    4.6 mill outgoing 2013-2014 and 7.3+(3.75 if we pick up Aminu's team option)= 7.3(or 11) mill

The problem with this trade for the raptors is that as of right now i don't see any of Kleiza, Williams or Aminu, being the answer at SF. All we are doing is shedding 2 mill of cap space this year (when we don't really need to) to take on an extra 6.6 mill next year and 2.7 or 6.4 mill the year after. I think that cap space could be better used elsewhere, and I don't think it fits into our

I think the hawks would do this, but I don't think it makes them significantly better.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I was assuming Smith would play Sf, but forgot about butler. However Butler only has a one year deal, and I doubt he is part of Clippers long term future, where as Smith is still young, is good both offensively and defensevly, and I think would be a great fit for their team.

We do take an some extra cap space with Williams over Klieza, however i think Williams can be more successful, and with a change of scenery we might see some of the potential he showed before being drafted (and yes I doubt this would happen). Essesntially we are taking on a bit more cap, for a better role player, and we get to take a chance with a new Sf, who could potentially be a starter, or at least challenge JJ a bit more. Aminu is still young, and I think he could surprise some people.

Edit: Also if the trade does not work out, I think Aminu would still have value in the league, and could be traded for another young player. Williams will be just as hard to move as Klieza would be. So it also gets us more trade flexibility at the cost of Cap flexibilty.
      Last edited by Hello; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        interesting trade, but I'm not sold. Why do the clippers want josh smith? to come off the bench and back up Blake Griffen? or do you have him playing SF, an then does he start or is he back up to Caron Butler?

For the raptors we have

4.6+7.6=12.2 million outgoing for 2011-2012 and 7.5+2.75=10.25mill incoming
        4.6 mill outgoing 2012-2013 and 8.3+2.9= 11.2 mill incoming
        4.6 mill outgoing 2013-2014 and 7.3+(3.75 if we pick up Aminu's team option)= 7.3(or 11) mill

The problem with this trade for the raptors is that as of right now i don't see any of Kleiza, Williams or Aminu, being the answer at SF. All we are doing is shedding 2 mill of cap space this year (when we don't really need to) to take on an extra 6.6 mill next year and 2.7 or 6.4 mill the year after. I think that cap space could be better used elsewhere, and I don't think it fits into our

I think the hawks would do this, but I don't think it makes them significantly better.
        I agree with the Raptors comments. Takes away a lot of flexibility for 'meh' players.

As for Josh Smith, he has supposedly lost 35 pounds since last summer. I think he could play the 3 full time - as opposed to situational - if that weight loss is true.

Comment

I am not convinced lac does this. I think it would be a good move for them, just doubt they would do it. I like getting AmInu and so-so on Williams.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            I am not convinced lac does this. I think it would be a good move for them, just doubt they would do it. I like getting AmInu and so-so on Williams.
            Rumour has it they have been trying to trade Kaman for a while, and I see Smith as a MAJOR upgrade over Aminu.
            I don't see why the clippers would not do this deal.

Personally I think we get the shortest end of the stick, espeically if Aminu does not work out. But were trading role players for role players, so I would still do it.

Comment

Working...
            X