Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this move because we:
    a) We get more out of Turk
    b) Add a solid defender/scorer at the 2 spot.
    c) Exchange Calderon's longterm contract for Caronimo's short one.
    d) Get a legit SG/SF for DDR to practice against and speed his growth.

However:
    a) I do not want to give up Amir (Amir is simply awesome; consider how we can sub him out for either Bosh or Bargs w/o hurting our production. Given his limited offense, this should tell you how good a defender he is..)
    b) Trade like this means no minutes for one of Belli and Weems.

Ideally, we could give them Wright or POB instead of Amir. Also, Belli is a bit more versatile than Weems (can play some PG), so I suspect Weems' minutes would take the biggest hit.

Thoughts?

Comment

Jarvis, isn't that the idiot that actually brought a loaded weapon to the locker room? NO THANKS! eventually they are going to suspend him too so it will be useless.

Throw in Nick Young instead.

Comment

It would obviously be great to have a player like Butler on our team, but having a good point guard tandem can be such a huge advantage. Banks played well in Jose's absence, but we were just hoping that he didn't screw things up while he was on the court (which thankfully he didn't). We lack fire power off the bench from our guards, and last game, Jose showed us how effective he can be, and how smoothly things operate when he's floor general. I really think that having two good point guards is almost as good as having one elite point guard, because you can ride the hot hand and play the more favorable matchup.

No idea if the teams would be interested, and I'm really not a fan of making up trade offers, but here's a crazy one that I think has some legs.

Toronto trades - Turkoglu, Wright
        Toronto receives - Butler, Oberto

Washington trades - Butler, Oberto, Crittenton, Mike James
        Washington receives - Vince Carter, J Williams, Wright

Orlando trades - Carter, J Williams
        Orlando recieves - Turkoglu, Crittenton, James

Toronto gets Butler without giving up Calderon and he plays SF for the Raptors in place of Hedo (which is where he plays for Washington anyways), Washington still gets to clean house a little as well as reunite Vince with old college buddy Antawn Jamison, and everybody in Orlando is happy again with Turkoglu instead of Carter. I think the biggest question mark here is whether Washington would have any interest in Vince, but this gives them a solid two players to build around if Arenas' contract is void.

Comment

Johnson Played For Saunders

Actually Johnson had his best NBA year as short as it was in 2007-08 playing for Saunders.

When I say as short as it was here is the short story.

1. Johnson sprained one of his ankles during the 2007-08 pre-season when he stepped on fellow teammate Jarvis Hayes foot. It's not uncommon for a baller to get an ankle sprain this way. It wasn't until around the beginning of 2008 that the Zoo crew with Johnson started to really go. Johnson was a big part of that. Eventually the Pistons bench was the #1 ranked bench in the NBA that season. In any case Dumars and Saunders wanted more experience up front for the playoffs so in late March as I recall, they acquired Theo Ratliff. That sent Johnson to the bench.

So for 3 months from Jan - Mar of 2008 he was lights out. Better than he has played for the Raptors. In fact a lot of Pistons fans were really ticked off that Dumars acquired Ratliff and Saunders played him rather than Johnson during the 2008 playoffs.

Saunders was fired after the playoffs in 2008 and of course is now the coach for the Wiz.

If the rumor is true, I guess Johnson must have made a positive impression on Saunders during those 3 months.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Crittenton:
            -------------------
            Unfortunately for his career develop he has been out all season due to right foot surgery.

I have followed his career since the Lakers drafted him.

This guy can really motor. He has tremendous upside as a PG. He is big, strong and quick. Unfortunately he also made that mistake of getting involved with Agent Zero. Who does Crittenton think he is, Marshal Bass Reeves?

Below is a link with a little background on Reeves. Reeves was born in Paris, TX. A small dusty postal stop unknown outside of TX. Wim Wenders in 1984 directed one of my favorite movies, entitled Paris, Texas. It stared Harry Dean Stanton. Nastassja Kinski, (nuff said) was also in this movie. A great artsy type movie.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WE-BassReeves.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087884/
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Jan 17, 2010, 10:56 AM.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
              I love everything about this deal exept that Amir goes the other way. I somehow Washington would go for a Jose+Evans+pick for Butler, we'd be set.
              I have no problem giving him up, but Jose is playing so well as the backup that I'm fearing we might be passing up a very effective PG combo, one not dissimilar to the one we had three years ago.

Comment

No interest in adding Caron Butler. Butler is one of the more over-rated players in the NBA. This is a bad trade for Toronto. Butler and Hedo are a poor wing combination defensively + Butler's need for heavy doses of touches/shot attempts will hurt Hedo's offensive play further.

Trading Turkoglu becomes a necessity if this trade were to go through.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Update!

I wanted to check how legit the Butler to Toronto rumour was..so I called up a source of mine (willing to provide justification to the mods) to ask about the trade rumour. Apparently there is nothing close to being done. BC does not want to give up Amir at any cost and is willing to trade Jose to make Turkoglu more effective. He said that the chances of T.O landing K-Mart are slim to done. However, Butler trade rumours are legit and T.O & Wash are discussing a trade (however nothing is close to being done--and if we do make a trade--it'll be near the deadline)

As of right now something like this trade is being offered:
                  Jose/Rasho/Wright/2nd round pick

for

Butler/Boykins/Deshawn Stevenson
                  http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...?f=32&t=977823
                  "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
                  X