eric bledsoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe would be a great pick-up ... but he's also a great young backup PG for the Clippers.
    Chauncey may be on the roster for this year, but he is not a long term piece for their team.
    The problem is that the Clippers only have a 2 year window to show Paul they're serious about winning. So giving up a guy like Bledsoe to improve their current roster (which includes the aging Billups), might be a risk they have to take.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Bargnani for Eric Bledsoe and a pick. Done.
      I think this would be an awesome trade coz i love bledsoe's game, but wouldnt it create more PG controversy for the Raps?

They can amnesty calderon, but wont both bledsoe and bayless want to start?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        I think this would be an awesome trade coz i love bledsoe's game, but wouldnt it create more PG controversy for the Raps?

They can compete, best player starts. Gives them each motivation to improve more. Whichever one plays better starts, the other gets signifigant minutes, and if they get upset in a year or two coming off the bench trade them for an upgrade at another position.

Edit: Although I am not saying we should use amnesty on Calderon, it would open more minutes for the two of them, and we get rid of our teams two biggest (and only bad) contracts.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

Ya, I think they'd need to trade either Calderon or Bayless. I'd rather trade Bayless and get something back than amnesty Calderon and get nothing.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wont they play Bledsoe at the 2-guard spot?
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Straight trade, Barbosa for Bledsoe?
              gives them a good Sg they lack.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                Straight trade, Barbosa for Bledsoe?
                gives them a good Sg they lack.
                Salary doesnt match and they might have a cap issue as well. Mo Williams has become redundant now and takes up quite a bit of cap room.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  Wont they play Bledsoe at the 2-guard spot?
                  I believe Billups is going to start there. Both Bledsoe & Williams are not thrilled I dont think. The Clips will make some moves.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I can't say I'm particularly excited about either Bayless or Bledsoe as our future PG. I'd much rather address the PG situation with the upcoming draft (hopefully by obtaining a late 1st round pick).
                    Thank you. Someone that makes sense.

Here's a suggestion:
                    Trade Bayless and our second rounder to the Clips for their first rounder (Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they have one remaining.)

If we're going to be a contender Bayless will not be a main piece. Why not trade him and move our second pick up to acquire a draft pick in the likes of a Wroten, Kabango or even maybe Teague. I think they'll probably all go after the lottery.

Clips lack depth so they get a solid backup SG (Bayless is no point man) that can bring energy and score off the bench.

Win-win.

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
                      Thank you. Someone that makes sense.

Here's a suggestion:
                      Trade Bayless and our second rounder to the Clips for their first rounder (Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they have one remaining.)

If we're going to be a contender Bayless will not be a main piece. Why not trade him and move our second pick up to acquire a draft pick in the likes of a Wroten, Kabango or even maybe Teague. I think they'll probably all go after the lottery.

Clips lack depth so they get a solid backup SG (Bayless is no point man) that can bring energy and score off the bench.

Win-win.
                      You may not think he is a good pg, and he may be as combo guard he has played Pg here, NO, and Portland. And since Clippers currently have Paul, Billups, Williams, and Bledsoe at point, they would not make that trade. The point of this thread is getting one of THEIR PG's since they already have 4, not giving them our Pg.

Also, Bayless was a lottery pick when he was drafted, and has been traded 3 times, what makes you think he is now worth a lottery pick in a more stacked draft?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Salary doesnt match and they might have a cap issue as well. Mo Williams has become redundant now and takes up quite a bit of cap room.
                        If this is the case, couldn't they amnesty him?
                        Get more cap space, as well as get rid of a log jam?
                        I know he could probably fetch some value, but this would be easier and quicker.

Then if they wanted to trade Bledsoe for Barbosa, they have the room, can move Billups back to Pg, and get a veteran Sg.
                        I doubt they would make the trade after Amnestying Williams, but that would solve quite a few problems.

Comment

You may not think he is a good pg, and he may be as combo guard he has played Pg here, NO, and Portland. And since Clippers currently have Paul, Billups, Williams, and Bledsoe at point, they would not make that trade. The point of this thread is getting one of THEIR PG's since they already have 4, not giving them our Pg.

Also, Bayless was a lottery pick when he was drafted, and has been traded 3 times, what makes you think he is now worth a lottery pick in a more stacked draft?
                          A few things:

1. The POINT of this post is if we should trade for bledsoe because they don't have a backup to the PF or C position. With which my response is "why the heck would we pick up bledsoe?... when there are better options" (mentioned below)

2. Without billups (who is not a natural SG) their realistic backups to the SG position are all extremely small. Bayless would give them a little more height and he could be a spark off the bench for that position.

3. AND where is this talk of lottery pick coming from? From my knowledge, the clips have their own pick left which would be probably 20~30th pick. AND because this is a deep draft, they could consider picking up Bayless and all they would have to do is move back about 10 spots as we will give OUR 2nd round pick which should be the 1st pick in the second round or close.

If we did this then we would get someone that's MORE suited to man our point for the future through wroten or kabango or are you one of those that think we'll compete for the championship with bayless?

Comment

A few things:

1. The POINT of this post is if we should trade for bledsoe because they don't have a backup to the PF or C position. With which my response is "why the heck would we pick up bledsoe?... when there are better options" (mentioned below)

2. Without billups (who is not a natural SG) their realistic backups to the SG position are all extremely small. Bayless would give them a little more height and he could be a spark off the bench for that position.

3. AND where is this talk of lottery pick coming from? From my knowledge, the clips have their own pick left which would be probably 20~30th pick. AND because this is a deep draft, they could consider picking up Bayless and all they would have to do is move back about 10 spots as we will give OUR 2nd round pick which should be the 1st pick in the second round or close.

If we did this then we would get someone that's MORE suited to man our point for the future through wroten or kabango or are you one of those that think we'll compete for the championship with bayless?
                            1. If that is the point of this thread than why did you not suggest trading a PF or c for him?
                            You ask why, we could want him? Well we might want to pick him up because he is still a great young prospect at PG, and we have no defintive answer at PG. We may be able to get him for cheaper because Clippers have 4 PG's and a very thin front court. At the right price we may get him for a bargain. Even though you don't think he will be a main piece, does not mean he cannot surprise you, or become a strong back-up PG. There may be other options, but who knows if they are better options?

2. Bayless is not a natural SG either. Also Bayless is listed as 6-3, the same height that Billups is listed, and smaller than Foye, the most likely back up SG. Where does Bayless height come in as being better? Also, as they are extremely thin in the front court (as you said the original point of this thread, and deep at PG, hence moving one to SG) why would they want another SG rather than a PF or C? I'm sure they could get some kind of back-up for cheap.

3. The lottery pick is my assumption of where they will pick. Yes it is a lot lower than most people expect, especially with the trade, however with a shortened season, and a brand new looking roster, they will not perform as expected right away. Add that to the fact that I believe CP3 and Jordan are being overrated, and the fact that Butler is an aging player, whose stats say he does not flow well in an offensive, lead me to believe they will perform below expectations anyway. Even if they were to draft around 20, you think that they would trade down 10 spots in a stacked draft, for a 5th PG, who has yet to prove himself in the league? You say that you Bayless won't be a main piece, but you expect Clippers, who you believe to be a competing team to want him?

And to answer your question, I think Bayless has a very high ceiling and should be given a chance at, not only starting, but actually running a team, before anybody begins to judge him.

Comment

A few things:

1. If that is the point of this thread than why did you not suggest trading a PF or c for him?
                              You ask why, we could want him? Well we might want to pick him up because he is still a great young prospect at PG, and we have no defintive answer at PG. We may be able to get him for cheaper because Clippers have 4 PG's and a very thin front court. At the right price we may get him for a bargain. Even though you don't think he will be a main piece, does not mean he cannot surprise you, or become a strong back-up PG. There may be other options, but who knows if they are better options?

2. Bayless is not a natural SG either. Also Bayless is listed as 6-3, the same height that Billups is listed, and smaller than Foye, the most likely back up SG. Where does Bayless height come in as being better? Also, as they are extremely thin in the front court (as you said the original point of this thread, and deep at PG, hence moving one to SG) why would they want another SG rather than a PF or C? I'm sure they could get some kind of back-up for cheap.

3. The lottery pick is my assumption of where they will pick. Yes it is a lot lower than most people expect, especially with the trade, however with a shortened season, and a brand new looking roster, they will not perform as expected right away. Add that to the fact that I believe CP3 and Jordan are being overrated, and the fact that Butler is an aging player, whose stats say he does not flow well in an offensive, lead me to believe they will perform below expectations anyway. Even if they were to draft around 20, you think that they would trade down 10 spots in a stacked draft, for a 5th PG, who has yet to prove himself in the league? You say that you Bayless won't be a main piece, but you expect Clippers, who you believe to be a competing team to want him?

And to answer your question, I think Bayless has a very high ceiling and should be given a chance at, not only starting, but actually running a team, before anybody begins to judge him.

Comment

Ok.. changes bayless' name to amir.. doesn't matter.

My point is that the bledsoe is not what we need and what we do need is a future PG. I'd prefer to have a wroten or kabango to bayless because they're more of a PG while bayless looks for his own shot first. Therefore, we should try to get a late-mid first rounder to pick up a future PG - top of this draft is PF heavy and PGs are sure to go lower. This draft you're not going to get that much more of a sure thing at 20 than at 31 but more importantly, the clips are not looking to rebuild anymore which means that their picks (unless it's like a top 5 pick) will not mean so much to them.

You say bayless should be given the reigns of the team yet you're also quick to mention that 3 teams have traded him. How much do you think the raptors will overpay bayless when we have people in TO (like yourself) think that he might be some amazing player? I've been saying for the longest time that we should trade bosh (since he signed his second contract) but the raps put all their hopes for a title on a person that was totally overrated. I'm not saying that people consider bayless the next superstar but I think a lot of people are overrating his potential and pay like a starter when he hasn't even proved himself a starter - just like a raptor management thing to do (see amir, bayless and bargs).

Yes, they could get a SF for cheap but they could also get a PF/C for cheap too. Doesn't mean that they'll be any good.

In any case, I think we will probably draft either davis or drummond (even though we have too many PFs) because 1. we will suck this year and 2. they're probably the best players to pick. Which means that we still need a future SF & PG ... which we can use our other pieces to acquire and probably get the missing (potential star) piece by overpaying because of we can afford to will all the others on their rookie contracts.

Last note: who builds their team by saying "yes, we managed to secure a backup PG. Now to find our starter"?

Comment

Working...
                                X