Simmons: Jose Is On The Trading Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons: Jose Is On The Trading Block

Hmmmm .... because Steve Simmons is usually full of crap most times I'm not sure if he knows something or if he's just regurgitating the million other Calderon trade rumours right now.

Either way, the better Jose plays like he did Friday night, the greater our chances of BC being able to make a move come the deadline February 18th.

Via Steve's Twitter account last night:

Jose Calderon is on the block ... pass it on ... about 3 hours ago from web
    Source - Click here

Shocking news. Seriously though i think we all saw him being shopped. I dont think that BC wants to spend almost 20 million on the PG position alone (Banks, Jack, Calderon). If we get fair vaule i say trade him, but BC shouldnt trade him just to get rid of him..

Comment

Jose is awesome. I'd rather trade Jack if we are gonna trade a PG, but I'd rather not cuz Jose and jack are doing good ( not in the same line-up). If anyone has to go it's Hedo. He hasn't been what we expected him to be
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

"If anyone has to go it's Hedo."

...but Hedo is not really tradeable with his contract unless a contender wants him to put them over the top. Ironically the Magic is one of those teams who needs someone like him because Vince is not filling in. Considering all options and our needs Jose is the most tradeable.

Comment

I suppose they want to put the ball in Turkoglu's hands, but with Jose getting his mojo back since he returned, it becomes hard to justify because Jose is better and more effective than Turk. Always has been.

But I think everyone is always on the block. In other words, everything's for sale for the right price.

Comment

I may be in the minority here, but I'm more than happy having Marcus Banks playing back-up if Jose is infact dealt. I was pleasantly surprised on how well he played when Jose was injured. Solid defense too. Probably the best defending PG we have on our roster right now.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Hmmmm .... because Steve Simmons is usually full of crap most times I'm not sure if he knows something or if he's just regurgitating the million other Calderon trade rumours right now.

Either way, the better Jose plays like he did Friday night, the greater our chances of BC being able to make a move come the deadline February 18th.

Via Steve's Twitter account last night:

Source - Click here
              Tough to take anything away from that tweet. I'm assuming he's guessing based on some rumors floating around. If they are trying to move Calderon I think it says a lot about where they really are with Chris Bosh.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Tough to take anything away from that tweet. I'm assuming he's guessing based on some rumors floating around. If they are trying to move Calderon I think it says a lot about where they really are with Chris Bosh.
                Who knows, but his stock only improved yet again this afternoon.

Go Jose, Go Ocho!!!!

Comment

Well, I dunno if you should break up a PG duo that is as good as any PG play in the NBA right now.

...unless you get one hell of a return, that is. It just means I don't think there is truth to rumour we are 'shopping' him.
                  Last edited by verbatim; Sun Jan 17, 2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

You're should try looking at it like this, the Raptors were winning without Jose Calderon. They started their resurgence with him riding the pine. If they can land a guy like Caron Butler then they need to be all over that.

Comment

The raptors were winning without Jose but against some of the worst teams in the league? their competition weren't the most daunting ones at the time..

Comment

Jose's knows the team (the system and the players), likes the city, wants to finish his carreer in Toronto, hasn't have a killing contract, makes everyone around him better, is the Best PG on the team.

Anything that you might get in retourn will never be enough (well, except Kobe or Lebron or someone like that)

He gave an interview to an Spanish journalist saying that he wants to be here, he loves Toronto and that he doesn't mind coming off the bench. How many players in Raptors history said that in the same sentence?

He's just very valuable to this team

Comment

i don't know why some raptors fans think we can win without Jose Calderon......(remember the phili game)

is it because of the winning streak that the raptors had against WEAKER teams....when i say weaker team i meant under .500 not sub .500 teams.... some raptors fans are so blinded by the winning steak that they don't really know the reality.

People say that if Jose Calderon is traded we still have an AWESOME defensive pg of Marcus Bank, "the marcus bank" that was consider a junk/waste of capspace last year...

Do raptor fans really trust Marcus banks and even Jack to distribute the ball to their teammates in 48 minutes?

I rather have a combination of Defensive pg (Jack) and Conservative Offensive pg (Jose)...similar to TJ and Calderon that won us the Atlantic Division title!!

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                            i don't know why some raptors fans think we can win without Jose Calderon...
                            No one is talking about the team winning a lot of games without Jose, period. People are talking about the team winning a lot of games with a replacement to Jose. When the post-season begins the teams who can play defense are the teams who have the legit shot at winning a title. Having Hedo and Jose seems to now be a redundancy. If you can take that redundancy and use it to fill a need then why not do it? For example, Caron Butler is a better player than Jose Calderon and fits what the team needs more so.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Sun Jan 17, 2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

i saw this roomer on realgm and hoopshype that it might be calderon for keven martin.

Comment

Working...
                              X