Bayless next contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    It was obviously meant as a jest. I cannot deny that, nor should I have too.
    Anyone whos been posting on here for any amount of time knows that I like to joke around.

But as a means to "push buttons" or be confrontational? Not in the slightest.

And to be honest, I still don't see it to be of a confrontational nature.
    I would second that and am with you Joey as I also don't see is as confrontational either. HOWEVER I do know from experience (on here as well) not all people take comments the same way and it is more difficult to convey tone in 2 dimensions. Not a criticism at either camp...just to be clear.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      I would second that and am with you Joey as I also don't see is as confrontational either. HOWEVER I do know from experience (on here as well) not all people take comments the same way and it is more difficult to convey tone in 2 dimensions. Not a criticism at either camp...just to be clear.
      Thanks man.

You also make a great point.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
        The cons to starting Bayless are also of note. If you have a crappy PG on the floor with 4 other guys you are trying to develop and evaluate, it's going to adversely affect their development and your ability to evaluate them effectively (ie. they won't get the ball in places they should, not having a PG capable of running the system effectively, etc. makes it tough to determine how the others are playing). It's like saying you want to see how good of a receiver Calvin Johnson might be, but then you put Christian Ponder out there throwing to him.
        You had me until your Calvin Johnson analogy. Megatron has been elite receiver for most of his career, and this is only his first year with a "stable" QB. He's been lighting it up with guys like Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Kitna and Shaun Hill throwing to him. But I do get your point. Maybe Bayless doesn't need the minutes. From what I've seen, honestly, has been enough. I just feel that having seen the Raptors make horrible signing after horrible signing, I am praying to God they are absolutely positively sure about this one before they make another huge mistake.

Having read the remaining parts of this thread and several other threads ending in similar fashion. I learned this from a psychiatrist/marriage counselor but I think it's worth repeating (This message is not directed towards Jimmie, but to everyone):

Whenever we argue or debate, the first 2 minutes is spent actually arguing, and the remaining time is spent arguing about the way we argue.
        Last edited by ebrian; Wed Dec 21, 2011, 10:33 AM.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

From what I've seen, honestly, has been enough. I just feel that having seen the Raptors make horrible signing after horrible signing, I am praying to God they are absolutely positively sure about this one before they make another huge mistake.
          Pretty sure we're actually in agreement here. I don't think they should sign Bayless, either. I think anything at or above the Qualifying Offer (anything over $4M) would be way too much for what he's shown he can bring to the table. I like him from a "team guy" standpoint, he seems like he has his head on straight, etc. but he's just not a good enough player (at this point, and my contention is that he likely never will be good enough) to warrant that kind of money, especially since equal or better talent will almost certainly be available for less money.

As for the nature of online debate, I agree. And I actually saw something on RealGM that was remotely useful (for a change) and almost shared it in the thread where Tim W was getting raked over the coals. It was a really interesting article, and for sure applies to how we deal with each other in a context where few if any of us actually "know" each other...

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/08/...etric-insight/ -- if anyone is interested.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
          X