Well, that didn't take long... Blatche unhappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that didn't take long... Blatche unhappy

A reporter asked Blatche to address Coach Flip Saunders’ comments that players were relying too much on individual production once the Wizards went comfortably ahead early in the second quarter, 37-17.

“He probably was talking about me for the simple fact that I said I need the ball in the paint to be effective,” Blatche said. “You can’t keep having me pick and pop and shooting jumpshots. Gimme the ball in the paint. That’s where I’m most effiective at. I’ve been saying that since training camp. I need the ball in the paint. I don’t wand to be the pick-and-pop guy I used to be because it’s not working for me.”

Source

You'd have to think his trade value would be less than Beasley when Miami were clearing space. You might actually have to give up a draft pick to get a team to take him.

If I was Washington, I'd see if I could move Blatche to a contender with a lot of veterans. Someone like Miami, Boston, LAL, even SA and try to get back anything that can work for the future like a pick or an expiring contract.

At this point his trade value is pretty much gone.

Blatche can be a good player but he's a headcase. He can end up being a cancer to a young team. Look at that whole Arenas/Crittenton issue a few years back. If anything Washington should have already learned that lesson.

Comment

WASHINGTON -- It took only one game for the new-look Washington Wizards to resemble their same old dysfunctional selves.

Andray Blatche took to Twitter on Tuesday to, in effect, criticize the way his criticisms were criticized following the Wizards' season-opening loss to the New Jersey Nets, in which Washington blew a 21-point lead.

"Every body need to shut up I didn't call out my coach or team mates I said I had a bad game need it n the post instead of jump shots," Blatche tweeted.

Blatche wasn't happy after the 90-84 defeat, saying afterward he wasn't being used to the best of his abilities.

"In practice he gets the ball on pick and pops, and in practice he gets the ball on the blocks," Wall said, according to the report. "It's whatever the play is called, that's where the ball has to go, and it's my job to get everybody in position and get the ball where it's supposed to be."

Blatche has been known to be a bit of a wild card during his seven seasons in the Wizards locker room. But this outburst was exceptional because he had introduced himself as "your captain, Andray Blatche" to the crowd during a pregame speech -- and because the team is only one game into the season, playing under the theme "New Traditions."

If this keeps up, the Wizards could somehow manage to make even a lockout-shortened season seem long.

"It's disappointing," coach Flip Saunders said Tuesday. "But, look, we were all disappointed."

Saunders met with Blatche before practice to sort things out.

"We talked about what he said about as far as wanting to be in the post," Saunders said. "And I told him, that's something to my ears. I love hearing that. ... But then he also has to understand that just because you get it at 17 feet, you don't have to shoot it either. I'm not twisting his arm to do that."

Saunders also clarified the captaincy situation. He said he plans to rotate captains for the time being because the team had such an abbreviated training camp. Blatche and Wall served as captains for the first game.

"It was a situation last night, he's been here longer than anybody else," Saunders said. "And so we'll rotate as far as who it's going to be."

Before the lockout, Saunders gave Blatche a book titled "The 17 Essential Qualities Of A Team Player." Blatche has said he read about half of it. At media day following the lockout, owner Ted Leonsis said: "I talked to Andray, and he understands that the fan base, media are all looking to take cues on can his focus and dedication match his skills."
      Source: ESPN.com

Comment

andray blatche is an idiot...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          andray blatche is an idiot...
          Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I cannot imagine any team being interested in acquiring Blatche.

There was an article on SheridanHoops.com talking about Wall looking to get out in 2015 because of Blatche. While I think this sort of talk is EXTREMELY premature the idea is valid - Blatche is not a winner and Washington are going to struggle to make the necessary culture change with him on the roster.

With all that said, if he is not traded this year (and I don't think he will be) then look for Washington to use their amnesty provision on him next summer. Book it and you heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
            X