Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The untold story of Jamaal Magloire and Roy Hibbert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The untold story of Jamaal Magloire and Roy Hibbert.

The Raptor's had made tonight the unofficial "Magloire Night". He addressed the fans, Dwane Casey, and Bryan Colangelo, with his thanks for being signed. He is a Canadian on the Raptors. Pretty big deal. What is shocking is he played a solid 15 minutes with heart and defensive intensity (that has not been seen very often on this Raptor squad). During the game people were chanting his name. It seemed like he had become a fan favourite in only his second game as a Raptor. After he drew a double foul on Tyler Hansbrough (and flattened him out might I add), there was a sense of disbelief from the crowd. Who knew he would be so aggressive? He played a good game (though it was far from perfect), but the real part that caught my eye was in the 3rd quarter (just after the Pacers had stretched out the lead), he had a little tiff with Roy Hibbert (who was traded to Indiana from Toronto). As Hibbert began to check Magloire, Hibbert had grabbed his hand, and tugged it a little. They exchanged words after the whistle. Roy Hibbert was jawing the rest of the night. This was adding to the ever growing rivalry that is Toronto and Indiana.

After the 4th quarter, and after the loss had been secured, Jamaal Magloire walked over to the tunnel (right at section 117) and stood there. He highfived his teammates as they walked by, and glared at the court. He was talking with the fans a bit, and gave some smiles and laughs. As Roy Hibbert walked by, it began. Jamaal Magloire got right in his face. They shoved each other and swore for about 10 seconds, and it took maybe 8 players to break them up. Jamaal Magloire was acting like a real bad ass. He was acting with pride. He put Hibbert in his place, orr so that is how it looked to me.

I have seen little written or spoken about this (probably because it was outside of the media's view) but I am curious to see what you all think.

To me, personally, I loved it. For the first time in a while, I felt like the game mattered. I felt emotion from a player. I like how we have a guy with 6 fouls to give, who will not care who he gives them to. I also see that in the Roll Call, Jamaal Magloire was given the prestigious "Under the Bus" award (with merit as well).

Just my opinion. I loved it.

Leave your opinions and thoughts.

RAW
    Last edited by Red and White; Sat Dec 31, 2011, 02:53 PM.

Nice little story from someone at the game. You always get a little more from those who attend the games it seems.

I was a little iffy about the Big Cat at first when he came, it was just something about the way he came across that didn't seem totally genuine. After these first couple games he's starting to make me think otherwise though. His game isn't the greatest anymore as we all know, but as long as he plays with intensity and desire to play tough and do the right thing it should rub off on our young players. I can forgive some of his play, at least for a little while.

I'm all for him coming in for a few minutes every game and trying to bully other teams. It makes it that much better that he's from the city too!

Big Ups to Jamaal!

Comment

Arse shouldn't have wrote that. Only someone that looked at the highlights without watching the game would give him that "under the bus" title. Magloire is a boss we need more of that toughness on this team. We also need the talent to back it up, back when we had VC the raps could talk all the smack they wanted cause we used to destroy teams.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Arse shouldn't have wrote that. Only someone that looked at the highlights without watching the game would give him that "under the bus" title. Magloire is a boss we need more of that toughness on this team. We also need the talent to back it up, back when we had VC the raps could talk all the smack they wanted cause we used to destroy teams.
        WTF? That wasn't me, and the Roll Call is what it is.

Great story, BTW.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

Great story, BTW.
          oh sorry man. I meant the guy who wrote the roll call. The worst player was definitely Rasual butler or Gary forbes

Comment

Agreed - Both those guys got torched... and shot poorly too.
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Any video of this altercation? I am intrigued.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                oh sorry man. I meant the guy who wrote the roll call. The worst player was definitely Rasual butler or Gary forbes
                Gary Forbes played 3 minutes don't understand how he could be in the running for "under the bus". Jose was awful all game (minus his and 1 jumper and a lay up at the end of the game). How you could have Forbes ahead of him is incredible.

Comment

I have access to a lot of video and have looked as deeply as I can and it appears that there is no video, unless the Indiana feed had something. I'm convinced that the Raptors truck must have footage of it, as the last shot I can see is Magloir high fiving teammates in the tunnel
                  Ball Don't Lie

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                    Gary Forbes played 3 minutes don't understand how he could be in the running for "under the bus". Jose was awful all game (minus his and 1 jumper and a lay up at the end of the game). How you could have Forbes ahead of him is incredible.
                    you didint see the game then... forbes was sooo bad. butler too. forbes took 3 shots in 3 mins of play and played horrible D while out there. Butler for some reason thinks he is a 90 percent 3pt shooter and is looking like a chucker so far.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      I don't know what game you were watching. Jose's shot wasn't dropping, but every one was a good shot, unlike what one could say of a few others. Otherwise he played a solid game with equal number of assists to all other guards & SFs combined.

Comment

I have no problem with the Big Cat throwing elbows and body slamming people. I've never watched a lot of wrestling but the way the Jamal rebounds (elbows flailing) and his general demeanor, seems like a wrestling persona. Wrestling isn't my thing, but I don't mind having a 1 guy on our team being a heel. As long as we don't expect more from Jamal than what we got yesterday we're good.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

Great story, BTW.
                          haha, that guy was tripping hard and then he tried to cover it up with his next post. You totally caught him red handed.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            What is even more shocking is he brought intensity and heart that I have not seen on this team for a while.
                            You must've missed all of last season when Reggie Evans played for us.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              You must've missed all of last season when Reggie Evans played for us.
                              Maybe I did miss it. I think I only saw the 52 games where he did not play. And last year, even when he did play, it was different. He put on a smile after some games where the raps lost. I recall a play vs the bobcats where he had a big block, and smiled at the bobcats bench, while we were losing by 14 or 15 points. No doubt Reggie played with intensity, but it was totally different.

Comment

Working...
                              X