2011-12 Coach Cemetary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Being a coach of this Wizards team, he's probably happy he got fired (assuming he still gets paid(?)).

So, who do we say is going to be next (Matt?)? I doubt Charlotte, Detroit or Golden State are going to fire their (relatively new) coaches. New Orleans neither (the owners don't want to pay the extra salary anyway). That doesn't leave a lot of teams .... except of course New York and D'Antoni.

Farfetched, but if Orlando gets on a bad run in the next 10/20 games, I can see them firing the screamer Van Gundy (who isn't too good with Dwight) if they can bring in a top coach (like Sloan?).
    D'Antoni is the obvious choice with Woodson stepping in on an interim basis until the summer when they try to coax Phil Jackson, in my opinion - all speculation on my part.

If Milwaukee goes on a bad slide in season or do not make the playoffs, I could see Skiles being given the pink slip.

Comment

I still believe Avery Johnson is the next guy on the hot seat. NJ will panic fire if they can't get Howard by the trade deadline. But D'Antoni is in trouble if NY continues to free fall.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I still believe Avery Johnson is the next guy on the hot seat. NJ will panic fire if they can't get Howard by the trade deadline. But D'Antoni is in trouble if NY continues to free fall.
        yup I am sticking with D'Antoni even if he wasn't the first (or 2nd) to go. And yet the issues on that team are all Dolan. How is it one can get to patience to build a team after Thomas f*kd it all up and then for the GM to go straight back into it, or at least part way.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          yup I am sticking with D'Antoni even if he wasn't the first (or 2nd) to go. And yet the issues on that team are all Dolan. How is it one can get to patience to build a team after Thomas f*kd it all up and then for the GM to go straight back into it, or at least part way.
          Don't forget current GM Grunwald is an Isiah croney. Also, don't forget Donnie Walsh had them on the fast track to the top before Dolan got all excited and blew his load - and by load I mean solid starters and role players. Remember how Donnie was gone very shortly after the season ended?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Don't forget current GM Grunwald is an Isiah croney. Also, don't forget Donnie Walsh had them on the fast track to the top before Dolan got all excited and blew his load - and by load I mean solid starters and role players. Remember how Donnie was gone very shortly after the season ended?
            Yeah he was very much against the Melo trade.

Comment

D'Antoni is 3rd.

Nate McMillan, after losing by 40 to the Knicks tonight, and his team having quit on him in the last 2 weeks is my guess for 4th - which is unfortunate because he is a damn good coach.

Comment

D'Antoni is 3rd.

Nate McMillan, after losing by 40 to the Knicks tonight, and his team having quit on him in the last 2 weeks is my guess for 4th - which is unfortunate because he is a damn good coach.
                Their team is a mess, and you can tell because Jamal Crawford played better at the point guard than Raymond Felton.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So Nate was 4th.

Nate McMillan will have a job as soon as he wants one.

Washington or New York would be very lucky to have him.

Comment

So Nate was 4th.

Nate McMillan will have a job as soon as he wants one.

Washington or New York would be very lucky to have him.
                    Should Raps entertain the idea of Nate? or are we happy with Dwayne?
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Dwane has been awesome for us. No need for anymore changes. Maybe McMillan as an assistant? But he's a very good head coach.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Hard to imagine any other coach coming in here and having the impact Casey did. He also seems to have his head on offensively...it's just that the offensive flows form the defence, so when they play poor defensively the offence breaks down. I can't wait to see what happens next year, with additional talent (go Bryan) and a full training camp.

Comment

Definitely not.

Dwane Casey waited a long time for his shot and he is doing phenomenal in Toronto given what he has to work with.

It is the same idea of getting rid of Colangelo now. He has a plan in motion that is starting to look very promising.

Both BC and DC are in year 1 of 2 year contracts with team options for year 3. This would be a question for next year. Given the way things appear to be going for Toronto, it is hard to believe at this time those options won't be picked up (loving this Kool-Aid!).

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Dwane has been awesome for us. No need for anymore changes. Maybe McMillan as an assistant? But he's a very good head coach.
                            Though I think this would give us one of the best coaching staffs in the NBA, no way does McMillan take an assistant job on a .333 team.

Comment

Nate & Dwayne appear to come from the same school of coaching...I mean they have similar qualities (handling players) except possibly that Nate is probably more adept offensively and Dwayne defensively. But of course I am guessing on this. No need for any change. Even the assistants here are in sync and very engaged during every game unlike during the last regime that I observed. Alls well. Besides NM will get another hc gig by next season I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X