Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Opinion of DeRozan's First 3 Games? (Chisholm: Debunking DD myth post 46)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black angus wrote: View Post
    Derozan`s biggest weakness is that he is a p$*&y. This may be from a lack of confidence, his low basketball IQ, or his lack of fundamental skills. Whatever the cause I do not see him overcoming this problem...ever! I think Casey has to show him where the basket is and forbid him from taking a shot outside of 8 feet. When is the last time we have seen DD take the ball around a defender and hammer it over the coming help defence. I can`t remember the last time, but I can remember him taking an out of control spin move, double puming the ball, and tossing up a soft layup that may or may not fall into the cylinder. His lack of aggressiveness also makes it very difficult for him to create his own shot. I would trade him for a first round draft pick in a heartbeat.
    You know what, if Cleveland, Detroit or Milwaukee want him for their pick then why not other than those kinda teams then, nah.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

If they could get a draft pic that would land them Jeremy lamb and then get another good player with their own pic that would be great!
      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
        There is improvement in his 3 pt shot, but beyond that the changes are marginal. I agree that he is a player that probably wouldn't be starting on a playoff team.

Demar still needs to greatly improve his decision making, passing/ball handling and be more aggresive both offensively (get to the rim) and defensively. Needless to say he has a long way to go still.
        Entirely agree.

The part that hurts is he was saying so much about how much work he put in during the offseason and the lockout and he actually looked good in charity games (ok, ok, maybe they all looked good) but maybe also my expectations were just too high.

I was actually expecting him to at average 25/4/4, but maybe Casey had been setting more plays for Bargnani

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          Derozan`s biggest weakness is that he is a p$*&y. This may be from a lack of confidence, his low basketball IQ, or his lack of fundamental skills. Whatever the cause I do not see him overcoming this problem...ever! I think Casey has to show him where the basket is and forbid him from taking a shot outside of 8 feet. When is the last time we have seen DD take the ball around a defender and hammer it over the coming help defence. I can`t remember the last time, but I can remember him taking an out of control spin move, double puming the ball, and tossing up a soft layup that may or may not fall into the cylinder. His lack of aggressiveness also makes it very difficult for him to create his own shot. I would trade him for a first round draft pick in a heartbeat.
          I might get a bit of flak for saying this, but im kinda seeing a little bit of Vince in him, and not the good parts. He seems to be more concerned about baiting the foul rather than sinking the layup, and he seems to grimace everytime he gets contact, be it offensively or defensively. and seems to always slow down after a blown layup or missed defensive assignment. like he's showing frustration or dejection.

Comment

you guys are too hard on him after 4 games!! at 22 he has so much more to grow, basketball iq and confidence comes from experience. I for one see his improved 3pt shooting as a clear sign that the guy knows how to improve and will. as a shooting guard it was important for him to be a 3pt threat and Im sure BC brought that message across. Now during the season he will improve slowly his decision making, and handles (still his weakest part). Unlike most other nba players he improves when he says he will improve, and I don't see him giving that up, he's got the drive to be great, he's 22, and he's got a great opportunity in Toronto. Let him grow and make mistakes without folding on him immediately.. (a draft pick? really?)
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              you guys are too hard on him after 4 games!! at 22 he has so much more to grow, basketball iq and confidence comes from experience. I for one see his improved 3pt shooting as a clear sign that the guy knows how to improve and will. as a shooting guard it was important for him to be a 3pt threat and Im sure BC brought that message across. Now during the season he will improve slowly his decision making, and handles (still his weakest part). Unlike most other nba players he improves when he says he will improve, and I don't see him giving that up, he's got the drive to be great, he's 22, and he's got a great opportunity in Toronto. Let him grow and make mistakes without folding on him immediately.. (a draft pick? really?)
              Top 7 draft pick, in a stacked draft homie.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

DeRozan is easily an all star by next year, Defense is all he needs to improve.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Top 7 draft pick, in a stacked draft homie.
                  No draft pick is a sure thing! Demar producing 16+ ppg is, with the potential for all-star numbers sooner rather than later.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan is easily an all star by next year, Defense is all he needs to improve.
                    So which of Wade, Rose, Allen, Rondo, and Joe Johnson do you expect DeRozan to supplant next year in the Eastern Conference backcourt?

Allen seems to be the most likely candidate based on his age, but don't forget that Deron Williams now plays in the East. And guys like Wall, Holiday, George, Jennings, and Walker are just as likely to become all-stars in the near future.

An all-star selection for DeRozan is anything but a sure thing.

Comment

He finally had a nice game last night, but my god his defense. He really needs to step it up.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                        I see no evidence of improvement. He's still a fungible player who probably shouldn't be starting.
                        Well, I'm convinced.

But since we're judging a guy based on a handful of games, let's look at the numbers through the handful of games. Let's see: PER is 3 points better than last year (17.2 vs. 14.4). TS% is .565 vs .530. EFG% is .565 vs. .530. AST% is 3 points higher. His FT/Game Rate is right where it was last year despite all the complaints. So, he's a more efficient scorer, a better playmaker and he's found a 3-pt shot. His DRTG is also 7 points better.

But again, I defer to the opinion of someone who can watch 4 or 5 games and tell me a player hasn't improved at all, since I'm pretty sure that would make you the greates talent evaluator in the history of sports.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          So which of Wade, Rose, Allen, Rondo, and Joe Johnson do you expect DeRozan to supplant next year in the Eastern Conference backcourt?

Allen seems to be the most likely candidate based on his age, but don't forget that Deron Williams now plays in the East. And guys like Wall, Holiday, George, Jennings, and Walker are just as likely to become all-stars in the near future.

An all-star selection for DeRozan is anything but a sure thing.
                          Joe johnson and Allen shouldn't be all stars anymore. Allen cause he's too old and Johnson cause he is just not an All star calibre player anymore. He's regressing, he averaged 18.2PPG, 4RBPG and 5 APG last season those are not all star numbers.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Well, I'm convinced.

But since we're judging a guy based on a handful of games, let's look at the numbers through the handful of games. Let's see: PER is 3 points better than last year (17.2 vs. 14.4). TS% is .565 vs .530. EFG% is .565 vs. .530. AST% is 3 points higher. His FT/Game Rate is right where it was last year despite all the complaints. So, he's a more efficient scorer, a better playmaker and he's found a 3-pt shot. His DRTG is also 7 points better.

But again, I defer to the opinion of someone who can watch 4 or 5 games and tell me a player hasn't improved at all, since I'm pretty sure that would make you the greates talent evaluator in the history of sports.
                            I've been concerned about demar's play so far this year. It looked like he hadn't made as much strides as I was hoping. Especially in the defensive end. It's nice to see some stats that refute that opinion, however, I would probably point out that the boost in DRtg has more to do with other people improving their defence than demar. I think that any betterment in his defence is is negligible.

That said, these stats have convinced me to hold off on any "trade Demar" proclamations for now. Thanks for the stats!
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Joe johnson and Allen shouldn't be all stars anymore. Allen cause he's too old and Johnson cause he is just not an All star calibre player anymore. He's regressing, he averaged 18.2PPG, 4RBPG and 5 APG last season those are not all star numbers.
                              I can't see demar having much better numbers than 18, 4 and 5

Comment

I could see him average about 20 ppg but 5 assists made me giggle
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X