Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks: January 2nd, Raptors win! Raptors win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree, our D to start the game was really good, but I was shocked at how easily NYK would settle for a three so early in the shot clock... it was kind of ridiculous, if we didn't join them in the chucking contest during the second half, it wouldve been a blow out.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If it wasn't for Toney Douglas in the third quarter, this is probably a 15 point win for the Raptors.

Not sure how Bargnani will handle the back-to-back-to-back coming up Jan. 9-11. He looked really tired tonight. I'm surprised the Raptors didn't keep feeding him against Harrellson. After the first few minutes of the 1st quarter I thought he would go for 50 but they stopped going there it seemed.

Nice to see DD get 21 on just 13 shots - including 2-2 3pt. I am watching him more and more on defense now rather than Bargnani - that is not a good thing.

In basketball, as in life, mistakes are understandable and acceptable. No one is perfect. The key is to not make the same mistakes over and over which would imply one learns from their mistakes...... yes, I am speaking to you James Johnson.

ED continues to struggle. Keep working!

Rasual 'Black Hole' Butler had his best game for Toronto. He might be one of those veteran type players who are getting in game shape after the long layoff. However, I think tonight should be considered the exception and not the norm.

Check AC's stat line in 5 minutes: 1-2fg, 2-2ft, 4pts, 4 rebs, 3 asts, 1 to, +7.

Magloire had another great night (18 mins and 10 rebs). He knows his role.

Amir continues to get no respect from officials. He keeps working though and does the dirty work - 3 rebs, 2 stls, 4 blks.

In my opinion, it really is hard not to love this Raptor squad and it all starts with Casey - he is doing a phenomenal job. 61 games to go.

Comment

Ac also played 5 mins, making his 4pt 4reb and 3asts very effective! i made this point in the chat.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          ...In my opinion, it really is hard not to love this Raptor squad and it all starts with Casey - he is doing a phenomenal job. 61 games to go.
          With you on this one. Going to be a fun year whatever the win/loss column says.

Comment

All I gotta say is, I was a self proclaimed Bargs hater, now not so much. If he continues to actually play through adversity on a game to game basis, I think we are looking newest future possible All Star. Now all he has to do is wait for Kevin Garnett to retire and beat out Ama're on voting.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Raptors Vs Knicks Highlights

Comment

We nearly blew it at the end to. That was pretty close.

Seriously, is anyone else surprised DD is still hitting 3s? I though he'd have cooled off and went back to how he was last season.

BTW Carmelo is played so horrible... 13-31
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jan 3, 2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  All I gotta say is, I was a self proclaimed Bargs hater, now not so much. If he continues to actually play through adversity on a game to game basis, I think we are looking newest future possible All Star. Now all he has to do is wait for Kevin Garnett to retire and beat out Ama're on voting.
                  I hope KG does not get voted in this year. That would be a travesty. I hate old guys like that getting voted in. He's still an effective player no doubt, but he doesn't deserve or even probably care about that anymore. I think all-star games should showcase a variety of stars, not the same cast of characters every year. And I am a KG hater, but just so there's no misunderstandings, there are many other players who would look bad out there...Pierce is another, Duncan is definitely up there. I want to say Nash(mostly because there are so many good young guards) but he's a lot of fun at all-star games. Still kind of unnecessary though at this point.

Anyway, I agree about Casey stuff though. He seems to have the right message for a young team that needs to learn to play the right way. Seems like the right guy to have when Jonas and next year's pick come in. Seems like he's also hard enough, savvy enough and smart enough that players around the league would want to play for him to win, not to get their own.

Comment

Oh and Stoudemire will get voted in every year he's in NY probably. And Howard's at C, so Bargs will only get added as a reserve, which is fine. Frankly it means more sometimes than getting voted in by fans.

Comment

If Bargnani keeps up his current level of play, he could get selected as a reserve.

Comment

I couldn't care less about the All Star Game. If Bargs goes 20-7 this year and plays solid defense they can name him the worst player in the history of everything and, well, who cares? Also, looks like Derozan is finding his legs, which is good to see. Davis is a very frustrated player, plain to see. They need to get him on the floor more with Calderon and one of Derozan/Bargs, so he can play off of them and gain some confidence back.

In other news, what the hell is up with the Knicks? That was just awful last night. The only reason Toronto didn't win by 20 was Douglas getting hot for a minute and a half. Just an atrocious performance. If they keep playing like that, D'Antoni is going to be unemployed shortly.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          In other news, what the hell is up with the Knicks? That was just awful last night. The only reason Toronto didn't win by 20 was Douglas getting hot for a minute and a half. Just an atrocious performance. If they keep playing like that, D'Antoni is going to be unemployed shortly.
                          You can't win without defense

A lesson Raptor fans know all too well...

Comment

Watching the game last night I was wondering about Andy Rautins and how the Knicks could have used him. I know he was traded to the Mavs and waived. I read this morning that he signed with Lucentum in Spain. Good luck to him and I hope he will still be able to play for the national team with Leo no longer on board.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              You can't win without defense

A lesson Raptor fans know all too well...
                              Yeah, but the Knicks' offense was even worse than their defense. D'Antoni's teams never look that discombobulated on offense. Just tonnes of awful shots and horrendous decision-making. I know Stoudemire was out but it shouldn't have made that much of a difference. Brutal. Just brutal.

Comment

Working...
                              X