No announcement yet.

Are we having 2 draft picks this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should trade barbosa and some cash money for a pick. I think Gary Forbes can provide a scoring punch off the bench.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The only way I would see having 3 rookies next year (JV, 2012 1st round pick, plus 1) would be if it was a PG. We would have a veteran PG (Calderon or a guy like Raymond Felton) and a rookie backup (Kabongo? I wish). I don't see a good rookie backup point guard much different than what Bayless has brought during the majority of his time in Toronto (yes, Bayless has shown flashes of brilliance but it will be nearly 2 seasons after this year with no consistency, to me that is rookie performance). Plus with a talented, promising rookie backup PG (like Kabongo) he can be groomed to take over the starting role and maybe a guy like Jose can evolve back in to the backup.

Three rookies in the starting line up would be ridiculous. Three in an 8-9 man rotation with solid veterans around them (behind or in front), I could handle (next year: Jose, DD will be year 4, Bargnani year 7, Amir year 8, Kleiza. Then you would have ED and JJ - where do they fit? Are they better than the rooks? Then veterans like Butler and Magloire to round out the roster).

Clearly some changes will be made before the start of next season. ED or Amir not playing is not beneficial, especially ED. Will they go? Will Bargnani go if he continues to play like this? Honestly, I hope not. If Bargnani could play like this, I would look to trade ED or Amir - and of those two probably ED.

A top 3 pick would benefit us but I don't think we are going to finish at the bottom this year. Kabongo/Marshall/Teague/Rivers are all lower in the draft anyway. This is why I think we have to really push for wins this season and see where our youngsters can take us. We keep our two rookies (Jonas, PG pick). The rest are all potential trades (including the second round pick) for a franchise player - preferably a wingman like Rudy Gay. Hell, I would be very happy with someone like Iguodala. Our cap space is not big enough nor is toronto attractive enough for the likes of Dwight Howard. If we can bring a big time player as free agent without offering Andrea or Calderon it would make us real contenders .

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
        A top 3 pick would benefit us but I don't think we are going to finish at the bottom this year. Kabongo/Marshall/Teague/Rivers are all lower in the draft anyway. This is why I think we have to really push for wins this season and see where our youngsters can take us. We keep our two rookies (Jonas, PG pick). The rest are all potential trades (including the second round pick) for a franchise player - preferably a wingman like Rudy Gay. Hell, I would be very happy with someone like Iguodala. Our cap space is not big enough nor is toronto attractive enough for the likes of Dwight Howard. If we can bring a big time player as free agent without offering Andrea or Calderon it would make us real contenders .
        we aren't that good bro. We'll still be in the lottery and I'd look at someone like MKG or Miller

Comment

Hey, are we having 2 picks?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Hey, are we having 2 picks?
            CB4 wrote: View Post
            Yes, we have a second round pick according to nbadraft.net.

Comment

Why trade barbosa? he is the best bench player in the league hands down.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                but if its for a 1st round pick why not?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  Sorry my bad, thanks to both of you. I thought nbadraft was giving a second round pick to everybody.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post

There are many guards better than him off the bench - james harden, Reddick, G.Henderson, J.Crawford, J.Terry , I.Shumpert, N.Young. He is old and eats up our cap space. If we can sign him for less money I am all for it.

Comment

I think Barbosa wants to stay in Toronto, just a hunch. But if BC and co. don't want him then for sure trade him to a contender for a 1st rounder. Maybe Memphis.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                      X