Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Raptors on the All-Star Ballot, lets send them to the game! (see post 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Raptors on the All-Star Ballot, lets send them to the game! (see post 4)

ORLANDO, Fla. - Forward Andrea Bargnani and guards Jose Calderon and DeMar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors are on the ballot for next month's NBA all-star game in Orlando.

They are joined by Victoria guard Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets centre Samuel Dalembert and Miami Heat centre Joel Anthony, both of Montreal.

The NBA kicked off the balloting process Wednesday for the mid-season showcase at the Amway Center on Feb. 26. The ballot lists 24 guards, 24 forwards and 12 centres from each conference.

Fans will select the starting lineup for each conference via text and online ballot. The voting will conclude Jan. 31 and the starters will be announced Feb. 2.

All three Toronto players are looking to make their first appearance at the mid-season showcase.
    Source: TSN.ca

Lets get Bargs in! hes the only one with a real chance!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

i say we should try and get both DeRozan and bargs in. DeMar might not make it this year but bargnani definitely should.

Comment

Can we maybe get a sticky on this thread?

Keep it on guys minds, maybe get a few more votes for out boys?

Here's the link to the Voting Page

Lets get our boys to the game!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Can we maybe get a sticky on this thread?

Keep it on guys minds, maybe get a few more votes for out boys?

Here's the link to the Voting Page

Lets get our boys to the game!!
          Done.

Comment

Lets see if we can get one of our guys in.

Comment

Jose Calderon is playing epic basketball ...

With the way Jose Calderon is playing right now, he is putting up Rondo like numbers, I could see all three of our guys making it if they keep this up. I just voted for all three.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

There's too many good SG in the east that dont play for a Canadian team for DeMar to get in. But Bargnani has a good chance backing up Howard though, he should for sure make it. And I hate to admit it due to how well Jose is doing but the PG's are basically already picked with D-Will and Rondo for the East

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                  There's too many good SG in the east that dont play for a Canadian team for DeMar to get in. But Bargnani has a good chance backing up Howard though, he should for sure make it. And I hate to admit it due to how well Jose is doing but the PG's are basically already picked with D-Will and Rondo for the East
                  VC played for the raptors....

Comment

yeah, it's early and it's a useless comparison but just for fun, check out who are currently ranked 7th and 8th in scoring in the NBA right now (although that should change after tonight). I guess while you're at it, you might as well check who's 9th

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                      With the way Jose Calderon is playing right now, he is putting up Rondo like numbers, I could see all three of our guys making it if they keep this up. I just voted for all three.
                      Rondo like number in assist never been a problem for Jose, but this year is a presence also in the defensive end
                      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani is listed as a forward, not as a center.

Comment

Voted for all 3
                          Foot Locker Deals

Comment

Calderon is third in the league in assists, but he averages less than 2 turnovers a game, unlike his counterparts who are ahead of him on the assist number.

Comment

Yes good idea! Everybody do your part and get our guys in! It's our duty as Raptors Republic soldiers!!

BTW, curious, who did everybody vote for?? Other than our 3 guys of course.

My picks:

East

Bargs

Bosh (let the bashing begin) hahaha

Caldy

DD

Howard

West

Dirk

Durant

Westbrook

Bryant