Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL "Oh Gawd Alabi in the D-League Tracking Thread!" - Solo Recalled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you watch? If yes does he look coordinated on the court? Numbers are nice although it is DLeague and a shell of Walker.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Did you watch? If yes does he look coordinated on the court? Numbers are nice although it is DLeague and a shell of Walker.
      Found some highlights of the game here:
      http://www.nba.com/dleague/video/201...712flv-1957971

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Found some highlights of the game here:
        http://www.nba.com/dleague/video/201...712flv-1957971
        Thanks man. He had some nice hands to catch the bullet at his face around the 40sec mark and a nice steal/court run for the dunk later, but he looked flat footed and disengaged from blocking out at times in the highlights. Perhaps just the times I caught but he needs to refine his fundamentals and taking plays off...

Comment

I only watched most of the 1st half. Honestly I wasn't that impressed. He did OK but he should be getting those kinds of numbers. He had to guard Walker on the perimeter a bit though and the other team didn't start a true Center so he had like 5 inches on everyone on the court.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I say keep in the D-LEAGUE no matter how well he is or isn't doing

Play the F out of him.

If the Raps are down and out at the 50 game mark bring him back up and play the F out of him in Toronto.

If they are as bad as they were in Philly the other night - the only thing that will make me tune is the intrigue of watching younger players attempt to find their way.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Thanks man. He had some nice hands to catch the bullet at his face around the 40sec mark and a nice steal/court run for the dunk later, but he looked flat footed and disengaged from blocking out at times in the highlights. Perhaps just the times I caught but he needs to refine his fundamentals and taking plays off...
              He did a nice job catching the ball, but then he turns to the hoop and brings the ball down to his knees to get up for the dunk....that ball would get stripped all day in the NBA. The guy just does not move fluidly.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                *sigh* He's good enough to earn a paycheck in the NBA. So, why exactly is he a scrub? I really despise that term.
                he's... a scrub.

no, seriously. his first job was a dishwasher.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't know if I'm gonna keep doing this, but for now...

Game 4

18 min, 8 pts, 4 rbs, 4-6 fgm-a, 3 blk, 5 TO, 5 PF.

His first bad game in 4 tries.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    he's... a scrub.

no, seriously. his first job was a dishwasher.
                    In that case, he's a total scrub. Does his parents work at the brillio pad factory or the SOS-factory? Then he'd come from a pretty good lineage of scrubs.

Comment

Alabi in d-league

I don't know if anyone else has peeked over to see his numbers recently but he's averaging quite the stat line for the Jam. in 4 games he's averaging 12.5 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist, in only 25 minutes. his lone bad stat is his turnover rate at 3 but that seems common with any raptor these days. It'd be nice to see his get some time with the Raptors at some point. it's 6 extra fouls, he could at least put some of these guys on stretchers when then come in for what they believe to be uncontested layups/dunks.

Comment

Game 5!

113-98 win over the Stampede.

17 mins, 11 pts, 4-10 fgm-a, 8 rbs, 3 blks, 5 pf.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Game 6!

100-102 win over the Toros.

21 min, 7 pts, 9 rbs, 3 blk, 3-6 fgm-a, 4 pf
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Couldn't let this last terrible game go unnoticed.

18 mins, 4 pts, 2-3 fgm-a, 4 rbs, 4 pf, 3 TO.

Aaaaaaand IM OUT!
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Solomon Alabi D-league progress

Numbers are trending in an upward direction almost ave a double double: 10/9 in 22mpg.

Last year -> this year
                              PPG 7.2 -> 10.3
                              RPG 5.3 -> 8.9
                              BPG 1.8 -> 2.3
                              MPG 18 -> 22
                              TO
                              Turnovers and blocks shots are a wash at about 2.5 per game each.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...eer_stats.html

check out the rim rocker :25
                              http://www.nba.com/dleague/video/201...312flv-1965374

putback @ :101
                              http://www.nba.com/dleague/video/201...capm4v-1962778

His best game thus far 22/9 nice steal and full court run - but go caught watching on later opposition putback:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201...#nbaGIboxscore
                              Last edited by charlz; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 11:45 AM.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Yeah, Alabi is a nobody, scrub, not even good enough to be an NBA player.

I remember there was a player back in 2005, drafted in the 2nd round, played 3 games his rookie year, then 8 games in his sophomore year. played in the dleague numerous times, and now we all love him. Pretty much the same as what Alabi is going through right now.

Care to guess?

Comment

Working...
                                X