Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance we can bring JV this season?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance we can bring JV this season?!

I don't know how long the season is where he is currently playing in Europe but I would think it would be more beneficial to JV to come in this season (after he is done in Europe) where he can get a first taste of the NBA experience and get to know the coach system and his team-mates. Thus he would be more ready for next season and there will be less growing pains and frustrations that are bound to happen.

I'm sure JV doesn't want to forfeit all that cash hes making in Europe just to come to the team thats 6 games in the season.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      I'm sure JV doesn't want to forfeit all that cash hes making in Europe just to come to the team thats 6 games in the season.
      I didn't say now, If he happens to finish earlier in Europe then the NBA schedule then he should come on over to the Raptors.

Comment

No chance. The Raptors would essentially lose a year of him on his rookie deal. Might not seem like much now but in 2017 if you could be paying him $5M versus $15M, it makes a difference.

Comment

I think his season ends in march.

Comment

The LKL playoffs usually end in late May, and his team is always there at the end. I don't think the Raptors will be playing in late May.

Comment

Just wait for him to come in the off season and go ham in training camp and summer league

Comment

Very unlikely Valanciunas will play in the summer league because of the Olympic qualifying tournament (2–8 July) and, if Lithuania qualifies, the Olympic basketball tournament (28 July – 12 August).

Comment

So much Potential!

Comment

He should just come towards the end of season and hang with the team and soak in some live games and practice sessions (of course no participation). And the city ofcourse. Will ease his transition next year in terms of general familiarity.

Comment

No need to rush. We have enough bigs as it is!!!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

If I know desperate Raptors fans at all - and I believe I do, I am one - they're going to be picking apart every single game of JV's once he arrives here and probably overreacting at every turn he takes, whether it's good or bad. I'd rather he have a full training camp under his belt and a preseason to become adjusted to the city before he is subjected to that.

I'd hate for him to come over just for a handful of games (likely meaningless) at the end of the season and take a shot to his confidence if he struggles a bit. It doesn't seem worth the risk.

Comment

There is no chance he will come this season, because it will not end earlier for him Europe. They will be playing in LKL finals no doubt and in Eurocup and VTB playoffs most likely. So there is not much point to discuss how would it turn, if he would come.

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
                            There is no chance he will come this season, because it will not end earlier for him Europe. They will be playing in LKL finals no doubt and in Eurocup and VTB playoffs most likely. So there is not much point to discuss how would it turn, if he would come.
                            +1, real dumb thread.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              Very unlikely Valanciunas will play in the summer league because of the Olympic qualifying tournament (2–8 July) and, if Lithuania qualifies, the Olympic basketball tournament (28 July – 12 August).
                              Valanciunas is much better off playing for Lithuania, compared to some random, bottom of the barrel summer league.

The only exception being that he's be playing with some Raptor teammates in summer league, so it'll help with his familiarity/chemistry. But nothing that can't be achieved through training camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X