• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Offseason Primer - Raptors Projected Cap Room: None

2010 Offseason Primer

By: Daniel Leroux
    RealGM.com Writer

Toronto: Though they would have a small amount of space if Chris Bosh moves south this summer, it’s so close to the MLE that it does not mean a whole lot. Bryan Colangelo put in his lot with the Hedo signing, and we will have to see whether or not that works out.
    • Projected 2010 Salary [Chris Bosh’s cap hold, Andrea Bargnani, Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon, Jarrett Jack, Reggie Evans, Marcus Banks, DeMar DeRozan, and Marco Belinelli]:
    • Projected cap room: None
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Nothing new here.

There is already a thread in the NBA forum about this article.

Comment

Is it possible to grab a Battier/Bowen sort with the MLE? Good defender who can knock down open threes at a high clip? Wright would be perfect if he knew his role and stopped doing so much on offense, but I'm not sure if he is perceptive enough to play within himself.

Improvement in Triano's coaching, Bosh (passing, defensive effort), Bargs (shooting percentage, defense), DDR, and Belli/Weems should be enough growth, along with an MLE signing. Reggie and Banks can be flipped sometime next season for additional help, if we so desire.

Comment

Free Agent Wings

Ripp wrote: View Post
        Is it possible to grab a Battier/Bowen sort with the MLE? Good defender who can knock down open threes at a high clip? Wright would be perfect if he knew his role and stopped doing so much on offense, but I'm not sure if he is perceptive enough to play within himself.
        Unrestricted: Manu Ginobili, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady, Mike Miller, Marquis Daniels, Travis Outlaw, Raja Bell, Rasual Butler, Quentin Richardson, Kyle Korver, Dorell Wright, Bobby Simmons, Keith Bogans, Tony Allen, Larry Hughes, Rodney Carney, Trenton Hassell, Sasha Pavlovic, Jarvis Hayes, Devin Brown, Damien Wilkins, JR Giddens, Joe Alexander, Yakhouba Diawara, Antoine Wright, Kareem Rush, Alando Tucker, Michael Finley, Desmond Mason, Tim Thomas, Shawne Williams, Stephen Graham, Matt Harpring, Steve Novak, Devean George, Ricky Davis

Restricted Rudy Gay, Ronnie Brewer, Anthony Morrow, Linas Kleiza, Josh Childress, JJ Redick, Dominic McGuire, Wes Matthews, Mardy Collins, Coby Karl, Jawad Williams, Adam Morrison, Trey Gilder, Marcus Landry

Player Options LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce (ETO), Richard Jefferson (ETO), Michael Redd (ETO), John Salmons (ETO), Kelenna Azubuike, Grant Hill, Mo Evans, Vladamir Radmanovic (ETO), Peja Stojakovic (ETO), Quinton Ross, DeShawn Stevenson, Matt Barnes, Jason Kapono

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not a lot of lockdown defenders amongst this year's free agent class.

Raja Bell, Rasual Butler and Rodney Carney stand out.
        Keith Bogans and Ime Udoka too.

They're all above average defenders but they're in the 6-to-6.5 out of 10 range. Not elite ones in the shape of Bowen or Battier.

Rodney Carney might be the best bet of the bunch. He's the only one who potential to improve defensively and he's already comparable in current ability defensively to the others.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Raja Bell would be a solid pick up. He has a history with Colangelo, and he's a good defender. I would love to see him come over for the right number. He would be a great boost off the bench.

Comment

Maybe you could link it or it could be made a sticky.

Thanks
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't understand how middling NBA players reason. Replicating Raja, Bowen or Battier's skillset on the court can't be hard even someone like Wright to do. Does he aspire to be Kobe, instead of Bowen?

I think we know the answer to this, but it is pretty disappointing.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                Unrestricted: Manu Ginobili, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady, Mike Miller, Marquis Daniels, Travis Outlaw, Raja Bell, Rasual Butler, Quentin Richardson, Kyle Korver, Dorell Wright, Bobby Simmons, Keith Bogans, Tony Allen, Larry Hughes, Rodney Carney, Trenton Hassell, Sasha Pavlovic, Jarvis Hayes, Devin Brown, Damien Wilkins, JR Giddens, Joe Alexander, Yakhouba Diawara, Antoine Wright, Kareem Rush, Alando Tucker, Michael Finley, Desmond Mason, Tim Thomas, Shawne Williams, Stephen Graham, Matt Harpring, Steve Novak, Devean George, Ricky Davis

Restricted Rudy Gay, Ronnie Brewer, Anthony Morrow, Linas Kleiza, Josh Childress, JJ Redick, Dominic McGuire, Wes Matthews, Mardy Collins, Coby Karl, Jawad Williams, Adam Morrison, Trey Gilder, Marcus Landry

Player Options LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce (ETO), Richard Jefferson (ETO), Michael Redd (ETO), John Salmons (ETO), Kelenna Azubuike, Grant Hill, Mo Evans, Vladamir Radmanovic (ETO), Peja Stojakovic (ETO), Quinton Ross, DeShawn Stevenson, Matt Barnes, Jason Kapono

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not a lot of lockdown defenders amongst this year's free agent class.

Raja Bell, Rasual Butler and Rodney Carney stand out.
                Keith Bogans and Ime Udoka too.

They're all above average defenders but they're in the 6-to-6.5 out of 10 range. Not elite ones in the shape of Bowen or Battier.

Rodney Carney might be the best bet of the bunch. He's the only one who potential to improve defensively and he's already comparable in current ability defensively to the others.
                Carney only plays 10 minutes a game on a very weak Philadelpiha team and his shooting percentages aren't good at all 38.5 FG% 34.8 3FG%. He may have potential but I'd rather see a guy like Raja Bell on this team. He's got plenty of experience in the playoffs, but can he return to his old form when he gets back from this injury?? Butler would also be nice off the bench behind Hedo, and I think Bogans might have found a home in SA.

Comment

Working...
                X