No announcement yet.

Jose to the Lakers (update post 17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again I like Jose but the rumours have not stopped so here we go again with the Lakers: (apologies for no easy read fonts as am on my phone)

TOR: RSessions, DMorris, DAL 2012 1st
    LAL: JCalderon, MBeasley, NPekovic, any player Minny wants to throw in for salaries such as ARandolph or Tolliver)
    CLE: LRidnour
    MIN: PGasol, MBarnes.

Toronto gets a starter quality young PG and a backup project plus salary freedom.

Lakers get the desperately needed PG, an upgrade at SF and depth big. Need to fill the PF talent gap but they upgrade the team overall.

Cleveland is losing Sessions in the summer so trying to rid of him. Ridnour is content as a solid backup to IrvIng.

Minny gets Gasol (who they say they are after) to pair with Rubio, rid themselves of Beasley, and get a decent wing in Barnes.

TOR lineup:
    PG: RSessions, DMorris.
    SG: DD, FRee agent, Forbes.
    SF: Draft pick, JJ,Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
    C: JVal, AGray
    With an additional draft pick to perhaps package with an asset or somehow gain Lillard or Kabongo and the 2nd rd pick to try out a SG.
    Or of course draft BBeal or Lamb and try to pry Batum from Portlans etc.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Again I like Jose but the rumours have not stopped so here we go again with the Lakers: (apologies for no easy read fonts as am on my phone)

TOR: RSessions, DMorris, DAL 2012 1st
      LAL: JCalderon, MBeasley, NPekovic, any player Minny wants to throw in for salaries such as ARandolph or Tolliver)
      CLE: LRidnour
      MIN: PGasol, MBarnes.

Toronto gets a starter quality young PG and a backup project plus salary freedom.

Lakers get the desperately needed PG, an upgrade at SF and depth big. Need to fill the PF talent gap but they upgrade the team overall.

Cleveland is losing Sessions in the summer so trying to rid of him. Ridnour is content as a solid backup to IrvIng.

Minny gets Gasol (who they say they are after) to pair with Rubio, rid themselves of Beasley, and get a decent wing in Barnes.

TOR lineup:
      PG: RSessions, DMorris.
      SG: DD, FRee agent, Forbes.
      SF: Draft pick, JJ,Kleiza
      PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
      C: JVal, AGray
      With an additional draft pick to perhaps package with an asset or somehow gain Lillard or Kabongo and the 2nd rd pick to try out a SG.
      Or of course draft BBeal or Lamb and try to pry Batum from Portlans etc.
      So for Minnesota, you're saying their starting lineup would be...

PG - Ricky Rubio
      SG - Wesley Johnson
      SF - Derrick Williams
      PF - Kevin Love
      C - Pau Gasol

???

Seems like a good team, but Gasol at the 5 seems to be a liability i.e Lakers vs. Celtics 2008 Finals.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        So for Minnesota, you're saying their starting lineup would be...

PG - Ricky Rubio
        SG - Wesley Johnson
        SF - Derrick Williams
        PF - Kevin Love
        C - Pau Gasol

???

Seems like a good team, but Gasol at the 5 seems to be a liability i.e Lakers vs. Celtics 2008 Finals.
        Hey I am with you but the rumours persist with Kahn. 1 they are actively shopping Beasley so no question there and 2 they have been interested in Gasol since the summer. I would think Darko would be more likely to trade however the rumour was Pekovic and Beasley as the key pieces.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          Hey I am with you but the rumours persist with Kahn. 1 they are actively shopping Beasley so no question there and 2 they have been interested in Gasol since the summer. I would think Darko would be more likely to trade however the rumour was Pekovic and Beasley as the key pieces.
          I think darko is going to be staying, Pekovic would help the team add more muscle inside than Gasol has, and Beasley would most definitely be the missing key at the small forward.

PG - Jose Calderon
          SG - Kobe Bryant
          SF - Michael Beasley
          PF - Nikola Pekovic
          C - Andrew Bynum

?????

They're bench would be MWP, Blake, McRoberts... They would need a two, because Goudelock is not the ideal guy right now.

Comment

I think darko is going to be staying, Pekovic would help the team add more muscle inside than Gasol has, and Beasley would most definitely be the missing key at the small forward.

PG - Jose Calderon
            SG - Kobe Bryant
            SF - Michael Beasley
            PF - Nikola Pekovic
            C - Andrew Bynum

?????

They're bench would be MWP, Blake, McRoberts... They would need a two, because Goudelock is not the ideal guy right now.
            They would still have their TPE for Barbosa.

Comment

Goudelock has potential, though. He was balling today.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                He definitely does. Great shot and Mike Brown is very high on him as is Kobe.

Comment

I would love to seem him pull through, he's a good overall player, but for a win now team, I don't know if they want to pass him minutes consistently because he's a rookie, what are you going to get every night?

Comment

I would love to seem him pull through, he's a good overall player, but for a win now team, I don't know if they want to pass him minutes consistently because he's a rookie, what are you going to get every night?
                    i could see l.a. including him in a deal for an established player in an instant.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i could see l.a. including him in a deal for an established player in an instant.
                      Yeah that's what I was thinking...

But the others can be right as well, where Kobe was talking in an interview during all-star weekend where he was talking about the trade rumours and the roster, and he said something like " we're building this team, we've lost pieces but we've added some."

So I think from this, Kobe understands they are building a team, not so much rebuilding, but building a foundation again they once had, and rolling in key pieces at a time to make the team better instantly. We were a team that has gone through quick fixes and they never worked, for a team like LA, they may need it.

Comment

Ah, the Potential sacred word! In reality, Goudelock is a 22 year old rookie point guard who averages 2 assists per 36 minutes.

We should not trade for end of bench players like Goudelock because, well, he sucks.

Comment

You know he sucks? Every time I've seen him play extended minutes he looked pretty good.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                            Ah, the Potential sacred word! In reality, Goudelock is a 22 year old rookie point guard who averages 2 assists per 36 minutes.

We should not trade for end of bench players like Goudelock because, well, he sucks.
                            Why TF does everyone call Goudelock a PG. He is a SG. A good shooting one at that. He plays minutes behind Kobe.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              No way I pull the trigger on this deal.

And if BC did, I'd be HUGELY disappointed.
                              +1. We desperately need someone to orchestrate the offence and the help D has improved to a point that it masks JC's deficiency. I say no. Unless someone like DJ Augustine is coming back to us.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X