Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Oh yeah, one more thing regarding WIlson Chandler:

Say he was signed in March, come June you have another trade chip. A team like Memphis that could be looking to move Rudy Gay or a team like Portland that might want to execute a sign and trade with a rich offer to Batum (or whatever) might look favourably on a young, reasonably priced wing player like Chandler coming back in return along with whatever other assets (prospects, picks, future picks, players).
    I have long liked the idea of getting Chandler in here so am behind this idea.

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thing regarding WIlson Chandler:

Say he was signed in March, come June you have another trade chip. A team like Memphis that could be looking to move Rudy Gay or a team like Portland that might want to execute a sign and trade with a rich offer to Batum (or whatever) might look favourably on a young, reasonably priced wing player like Chandler coming back in return along with whatever other assets (prospects, picks, future picks, players).
      I like this idea, you have got to pay atleast 5-6 million a year for a good rotation player in the NBA these days anyway.
      Are we sure of his lock down defender status though? His numbers offensively are quite impressive for such a young talent.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
        I like this idea, you have got to pay atleast 5-6 million a year for a good rotation player in the NBA these days anyway.
        Are we sure of his lock down defender status though? His numbers offensively are quite impressive for such a young talent.
        Chandler made it to the NBA on his defense and has developed his offense.

Comment

After having watched every game so far this year, I can honestly say that Rasoul Butler SUCKS. Dude can't hit a shot to save his life, and yet continues to chuck bricks at every opportunity. He should be run out of town on a rail. Even if Kleiza can't defend he can't come back fast enough to get this scrub nailed to the end of the bench where he belongs.

Comment

The only thing about Chandler is that we're not the only ones that would enter into the fray when it comes to offering a contract. You're going to have teams like the Nets who if they don't get Howard will throw stupid money at Chandler. At that point, you gotta ask - is Wilson Chandler worth 10M a year?

Comment

I like Chandler.. but I don't see him as a starter if we turn the corner. $6.5M seems reasonable, however Kleiza makes $4.6M. If Calderon gets amnestied to free up cap space for a big stud like Westbrook (yes, this is likely not going to happen), then Kleiza will be on the books for another 2 years, as the last year is a player option. That would mean tying up $11M to two players who are not legit superstars.. puts kind of a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think Kleiza would be amnestied next year since I'm sure the Raps would want to have Kleiza mentor JV when he comes over. Although I'm not sure how legit that is since Utah had no problems getting rid of Okur even though they had Kanter. But I think Kleiza has a reasonable salary and can be moved in a trade for other pieces - once healthy of course.

If Chandler can play the 2 then that actually helps quite a bit. You could theoretically have a lineup of JV, Bargs, Kleiza, Chandler and Jose. Some offense/some defense. Not too bad. This is especially useful if Derozan continues to go into a slump, and assuming that Barbosa is gone by the end of the year.

So sign me up!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                The only thing about Chandler is that we're not the only ones that would enter into the fray when it comes to offering a contract. You're going to have teams like the Nets who if they don't get Howard will throw stupid money at Chandler. At that point, you gotta ask - is Wilson Chandler worth 10M a year?
                Matt made the point that Chandler could be available in March. If Howard is not moved by the trade deadline (which is possible especially if Orlando is in the hunt for a top playoff seed), NJ may have to wait until the offseason. Toronto would have the upper hand on NJ since they don't need to wait for anyone, and can sign Wilson this year before the offseason. But there are other teams that may want Chandler's services as well. So Bryan would have to act fast if this is what he wants.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  There will be few teams able to match what the Raptors can offer March when he becomes a free agent. You are absolutely correct when discussing suitors this summer. There is no way I would throw $10M at Chandler. The premise of my suggestion is based on a reasonable contract ($6-7M per season seems reasonable to me).

The competition for his services in March (assuming highest bidders have the greatest chances) will be among (don't forget salary cap is just over $58M):

1) Denver, first and foremost, because he is their RFA and have the right to match despite current payroll of $57M,
                  2) Indiana with a payroll of $50M but they have George, Granger, Hil, and Jones at the 2 and/or 3,
                  3) Sacramento with a payroll of $47M and a need for a good SF despite numerous options (Salmons, Garcia, Outlaw, and Honeycutt just aren't, well, good).

Salary numbers came from HoopsHype.com. When looking at HoopsHype.com numbers though, keep in mind teams like LAC, MEM, UTA, and DET are missing some key contract extensions or free agent signings.

Chandler may decide to sign a minimum or lower contract with a playoff team just for this season.

He might also sign the qualifying offer (pro-rated) from DEN to make himself an UFA this summer and join what appears to be a playoff team.

He might also go for the most money offered - of which Toronto could certainly be a contender.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Jan 11, 2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

He might also go for the most money offered - of which Toronto could certainly be a contender.
                    If the guy took a contract offer in China just to get a paycheck during a lockout, I would imagine that it's all about the money to him. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Sign Chandler to a 2 year contract and draft MKG or Millar. Suddenly your depth at SF is ridiculous instead of ridiculous.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Anyways I don't know what's going on with my man GARY FORBES at all. Dude looks completely lost whenever he's playing and I now see why coach Casey never plays him. Rethinking buying his jersey.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he's not that good thats what is wrong with him

Comment

What do you guys think about kleiza's role when he comes back? I saw the poll results on this site and saw that most people think kleiza should be starting. I disagree, and think that the Raptors need his scoring off the bench because their bench gets outscored by EVERYONES bench.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              What do you guys think about kleiza's role when he comes back? I saw the poll results on this site and saw that most people think kleiza should be starting. I disagree, and think that the Raptors need his scoring off the bench because their bench gets outscored by EVERYONES bench.
                              That is a fair assessment in my opinion. The problem is their starting wings are getting out scored by EVERYONES starting wings as well.

Comment

Thats true but there is still much more scoring power in the starting lineup than the bench, from pretty much every position

Comment

Working...
                                X