So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    What do you think is a reasonable contract for Batum - forgetting about having to overpay to get him as RFA - just what do you think is a fair salary for him in comparison to the league.

Thaddeus Young commanded around $8.5M/yr over five years with no mightier a resume. I think Philly overpaid. I think $7M/yr is fair for Batum given his abilities, his age and upside. He might be had at less than that, I don't know but what I feel is that he could live up to a $7M/yr contract.

Comment

I wonder if the upcoming PF-heavy draft negatively affects Ed Davis's trade value; a lot of rebuilding teams might think they can do better holding onto even a mid-lottery pick rather than going after a guy like Davis. I think Davis is a better prospect than guys like Henson, Young, T. Jones, and Zeller, but a lot of teams might not see it that way. If it comes to draft day and we can flip Ed Davis for a pick that gets us Kabongo, I'd do it in a heartbeat, (and I think it could be a good trade for a team that has playing time for Ed, too).

Comment

Davis is a better prospect than most guys in this 2012 draft class. He was an absolute steal. He's still very young and he has real NBA experience. There is no guessing about how he can handle himself in the NBA, he's proven he can do it. There's less guessing with him than on most of those guys in the lotto. For that reason I feel teams in the lotto will still be interested.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Call me crazy, but I think its still a little too premature to write off Ed just yet. Let him get a full season under his belt and some experience before we start proposing to ship him out. JMO!
          I don't think anyone is writing off big Eddy yet. Selling either Ed or Amir while their stock is high at the same time of a log jam can help spread the wealth to other weaker areas, such as the wing... maybe the point.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Thaddeus Young commanded around $8.5M/yr over five years with no mightier a resume. I think Philly overpaid. I think $7M/yr is fair for Batum given his abilities, his age and upside. He might be had at less than that, I don't know but what I feel is that he could live up to a $7M/yr contract.
            I think that is reasonable and along the lines of what I was thinking.

Afflalo signed for a little over $8M per season. I think that is also comparable.

Anything over $8M and I would be worried.

Comment

I think we'll just end up trading whoever gets us the most value. Being the youngest, and on his rookie deal, Ed makes the most sense today, to trade 7 - 12 months from now. Lot can change between now and then.

Comment

The point made about questioning likelihood of Ed Davis accepting a long term bench role is a good point. We know Amir is down for that but the jury is out on Ed. I just remember back to d-league when he was complaining about his hotel room. If you read into that you might say he seems to have strong expectations as to who he is as a professional and how he should be treated but then again it's not fair to go there on such limited info. His father Terry had no problems coming off the bench but Ed has more potential than Terry.

Comment

Working...
                X