Sacramento Kings: January 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matt wrote: View Post
    This is brutal. The one year the Raptors actually have a solid defensive team and they have next to nothing on offense to show for it. Its like we have to be bad on either ends, there can never be a decent play on both.
    They ain't that solid on the defensive end. 21st out of 30 teams is still bottom third. The Opp/PTS G only looks good cause they are playing at a glacial pace (25th in the NBA). The offense should look better as the year rolls on (I hope).

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      They ain't that solid on the defensive end. 21st out of 30 teams is still bottom third. The Opp/PTS G only looks good cause they are playing at a glacial pace (25th in the NBA). The offense should look better as the year rolls on (I hope).
      i was just thinking the same... they really do need to be applauded for their improvements on D... they've gone extremely far on improving their defense.... but "extremely far" from the absolute bottom is about the middle of the pack... and unfortunately, everyone except bargs has regressed offensively as a result..

given time, things should hopefully start clicking... they're talented enough offensively that they should be able to get it together

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        given time, things should hopefully start clicking... they're talented enough offensively that they should be able to get it together
        I think some of the Raps' offensive struggles are indicative of league-wide trends (e.g. turnovers) as a result of no training camp, no preseason and the condensed schedule. Having said that, Calderon is healthy, Bargs is better than, well, ever, and you would have thought Derozan and Davis would be contributing more. Obviously, Bayless and Kleiza being out hasn't helped that putrid second unit. Hard to explain how all the pieces fit together, though. The general lack of offensive efficiency might be a good topic for Liston and the Statophile thingy. Probably too soon, need another 10 games or so.

Comment

They ain't that solid on the defensive end. 21st out of 30 teams is still bottom third.
          What stats it is? they are nowhere bottom third in defense in my view, unless i miss what you don't.

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
            What stats it is? they are nowhere bottom third in defense in my view, unless i miss what you don't.
            Defensive rating which is points allowed per 100 possessions.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2012.html

Comment

Working...
            X