X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver lining to Andrea's injury.....

......Ed Davis gets to play.

What will he do with the opportunity?

Hopefully Ed gets more minutes.. Irgigi I believe pointed this out, but Kleiza got a tone of PF minutes in yesterday's game. I wouldn't be surprised if Kleiza ended up getting a majority of Bargnani's minutes instead of Davis. If anything we need a scoring punch in the starting line up and if Demar is not giving that to us, then Kleiza might.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

He's gonna kill it. Colangelo is going to have lots of bait to drop overboard if Andrea stays out longer than the four games he missed last year due to the exact same injury.

I don't believe Casey is going to keep putting Kleiza out there instead of him. It doesn't make any sense for a rebuilding team to do that. Is Kleiza part of the core? Absolutely not. Will Kleiza even be part of this team in a few years? It's doubtful.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        He's gonna kill it. Colangelo is going to have lots of bait to drop overboard if Andrea stays out longer than the four games he missed last year due to the exact same injury.

I don't believe Casey is going to keep putting Kleiza out there instead of him. It doesn't make any sense for a rebuilding team to do that. Is Kleiza part of the core? Absolutely not. Will Kleiza even be part of this team in a few years? It's doubtful.
        Kleiza is 27. He's just a year older than Bargnani. So if Bargnani could be part of the core, why couldn't Kleiza? Plus Casey is all about winning, not development. His job is to win every game. Otherwise he wouldn't put Jose in the starting line up if Bayless was healthy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Otherwise he wouldn't put Jose in the starting line up if Bayless was healthy.
          I agree to most you said above, but Bayless can be superhealthy, he will never be close to Jose level PG.

Comment

Kleiza is 27. He's just a year older than Bargnani. So if Bargnani could be part of the core, why couldn't Kleiza? Plus Casey is all about winning, not development. His job is to win every game. Otherwise he wouldn't put Jose in the starting line up if Bayless was healthy.
            Unless Bayless is not part of the future. I find it highly unlikely anyone in the Raptors brass feels Bayless is the answer at PG. If his answer is to anything, it would appear a Bayless type role. This is just my opinion based on his limited play this year - he really stunk it up.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I think something that keeps getting forgotten in the development part of ED, is it's not just about getting opportunities for minutes, but earning those opportunities, not so much via stats, but by doing what Casey wants from him on the court. We've all seen his lack of energy enough to know that he hasn't earned much from that. There might be other issues that Casey feels he isn't delivering as asked, and he's pushing him to realize "do as I say, and the minutes will come". I could be off base on that, but it's certainly part of a young player's development that Casey has clearly stated regarding accountability. Maybe he's having a hard time getting through to ED. Ugh, it's late, I'm rambling, can't edit it, sorry.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                I think something that keeps getting forgotten in the development part of ED, is it's not just about getting opportunities for minutes, but earning those opportunities, not so much via stats, but by doing what Casey wants from him on the court. We've all seen his lack of energy enough to know that he hasn't earned much from that. There might be other issues that Casey feels he isn't delivering as asked, and he's pushing him to realize "do as I say, and the minutes will come". I could be off base on that, but it's certainly part of a young player's development that Casey has clearly stated regarding accountability. Maybe he's having a hard time getting through to ED. Ugh, it's late, I'm rambling, can't edit it, sorry.
                No apologies needed. Good insight and I am sure there is more than a grain of truth in the comment.

Comment

Ed should seize the moment on this one. He lacks the polish around the rim but he puts in the effort. I'm a Kleiza fan since his days in Denver. I'm not sure why there's a general sense that people don't like him. Doesnt he own a four year contract signed last season? I'd like to think that that points to him being a part of the future. I would like to see Ed and Linas get the scoring slack that Andrea leaves behind. Let JJ Come off the bench and let's bury Butler somewhere in Sudbury. Just my take on this.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

my guess is that he'll spend the 1st half generally looking very robotic, set some high screens, stand around, get to the rim for some offensive boards, miss the putback, get fouled, hit 1/2 FTs, blow some defensive assignments, get reamed out at halftime, then come back strong in the 2nd half (after the game's out of hand).

i'm an ed fan.
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

I think Ed will show everyone why we were so excited about him last season and take away any doubt some fans may have about him being a part of the core going forward. He's only been coached by Triano thus far in his very young pro career and is currently stuggling to grasp the defensive scheme Casey is trying to get him to instill...that goes for Demar as well. Once they understand how to play defense the way Casey wants I think their offense will come around.

It can't be a coincidense that both Andrea and Jose are the two players flourishing the most under Casey's system can it? Or is it that they're both veterans and have had the opportunity to be coached by other coaches during their time playing for their national teams?

Ed will be just fine, but needs to grasp what Casey wants from him.

Comment

Kleiza is 27. He's just a year older than Bargnani.
                        Kleiza is less than a year older than Bargnani as they are both born in the same calender year.

I believe Eddie will get another opportunity but I don't think he'll take advantage of it. He's been giving opportunities before and I think Casey's patients has become very thin with him. Right now, I think Eddie is going through a "sophmore slump". It doesn't help that he missed his rookie season training camp or that his sophmore training camp was significantly shortened.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          my guess is that he'll spend the 1st half generally looking very robotic, set some high screens, stand around, get to the rim for some offensive boards, miss the putback, get fouled, hit 1/2 FTs, blow some defensive assignments, get reamed out at halftime, then come back strong in the 2nd half (after the game's out of hand).

i'm an ed fan.
                          Yup, this sounds about right. I'll add that he'll hit a nice jump-hook just to tease you.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            Yup, this sounds about right. I'll add that he'll hit a nice jump-hook just to tease you.
                            i'll see your jump-hook & raise you an air-balled layup.

again...i'm a fan. when he just PLAYS, he's fine. when he has time to think, he becomes rigid/robotic, like he's trying to remember what he's supposed to do, instead of just doing it. yes, he needs to learn the system, but more importantly, he needs to trust his own abilities, and break free from the shackles of self-doubt.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              i'll see your jump-hook & raise you an air-balled layup.

again...i'm a fan. when he just PLAYS, he's fine. when he has time to think, he becomes rigid/robotic, like he's trying to remember what he's supposed to do, instead of just doing it. yes, he needs to learn the system, but more importantly, he needs to trust his own abilities, and break free from the shackles of self-doubt.
                              This can be said about DeRozan too.

Comment

Working...
                              X