No announcement yet.

Silver lining to Andrea's injury.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Davis getting the start tonight, that's a good sign. I heard it was Jamaal Magloire, which I wasn't too enthusiastic about.. I hope he does well and earns more minutes.

Comment

I love Ed's ability to rebound - he seems to rack up 6-7 boards without me even noticing it. What I don't like is his lack of reliability on offense. Basically he seems only able to get it in the basket if he's laying it in at point blank range. If he could develop any kind of decent face to the basket game, he'd be pretty awesome.

Comment

Davis has been the largest disappointment of the year so far. Greater than Derozan, Butler or anyone else. He has had opportunities and is just struggling. If he is having trouble understanding the defensive schemes, then all he has to do is live in some coaches pocket or hire a personal coach to tutor him every day until he gets it. So far he seems to be getting worse, not better. And I know he has had a few slightly better games but if this is all he can do given the opportunity, it is a sad statement. And puhlease don't give me the "He needs more minutes" arguments, Why would you give him more minutes when this is all he can do.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Davis has been the largest disappointment of the year so far. Greater than Derozan, Butler or anyone else. He has had opportunities and is just struggling. If he is having trouble understanding the defensive schemes, then all he has to do is live in some coaches pocket or hire a personal coach to tutor him every day until he gets it. So far he seems to be getting worse, not better. And I know he has had a few slightly better games but if this is all he can do given the opportunity, it is a sad statement. And puhlease don't give me the "He needs more minutes" arguments, Why would you give him more minutes when this is all he can do.
          so he can get better at it? i agree, he's not doing a whole lot with the minutes he's getting, but players don't get better by playing less.

i think we need to keep one thing in mind: 77 games played, career.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Outside of the first game versus Cleveland, he has disappointed overall.

But to say he is more of a disappointment than Butler is just harsh, man.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Outside of the first game versus Cleveland, he has disappointed overall.

But to say he is more of a disappointment than Butler is just harsh, man.
              It's because I wasn't expecting much out of Butler, and WAS expecting much more out of Ed. Ed is contributing more to the team than Butler, no question. Sorry if I didn't phrase it very well. (English is my first language and I went through the Canadian school system, so I can be excused for poor language skills)

Ed just showed so well late last year, and the hype around his "potential" has been so large that he can't help but be a disappointment when he performs as he has. I seem to see regression i every facet of his game. Here's hoping both he and Derozan are both just having trouble getting used to Caseys style or system of choice of sports coats for game day.

Comment

It's because I wasn't expecting much out of Butler, and WAS expecting much more out of Ed. Ed is contributing more to the team than Butler, no question. Sorry if I didn't phrase it very well. (English is my first language and I went through the Canadian school system, so I can be excused for poor language skills)

Ed just showed so well late last year, and the hype around his "potential" has been so large that he can't help but be a disappointment when he performs as he has. I seem to see regression i every facet of his game. Here's hoping both he and Derozan are both just having trouble getting used to Caseys style or system of choice of sports coats for game day.
                Sorry, I should have put in a smiley face or lol or haha. I was attempting to make a joke.

I do agree that ED has been very disappointing of late. Especially considering one would think a slowed down, defense first, grind it out mentality would be better suited to his game.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Sorry, I should have put in a smiley face or lol or haha. I was attempting to make a joke.

I do agree that ED has been very disappointing of late. Especially considering one would think a slowed down, defense first, grind it out mentality would be better suited to his game.
                  Haha. I'm the KING of people not getting my jokes. I just take all your posts so seriously. I told you, I'm your fanboy (just joking) :-) LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X