Howard goes for 45,23 and new record 39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard goes for 45,23 and new record 39

I watched an excellent game tonight between Golden State and Orlando. It was a close game until the last 60 sec when the Magic went on a 8-0 run. In this game Howard was an absolute beast scoring 45 points and getting 23 rebounds. The Warriors were trying to use the "Hack a Howard" strategy, but it was a bit much as Dwight went to the line a record 39 times! That is absolutely crazy. The 39 trips to the line bested the old mark held by Wilt Chamberlain. Of course Dwight missed most of them. Very entertaining game though.

Other things to note are that Richardson left with a sprained knee after colliding with David Lee. He might miss a couple of weeks (this was from the announcers, but I have no idea of the severity of the injury). And I guess Mark Jackson has been focusing almost solely on defence with the Warriors. All the Warriors said how grueling his work outs have been but that they are happy with the new focus to defence.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

I think there were 123 pts scored against the Warriors. I dont know if Jackson is having the desired affect. I realize Curry & Kwame are injured but still....looks like the same old Warriors. Howard must be one sore puppy today. I started watching the game but tuned out...wonder if Shaq had any "insights" on the hack strategy!

Comment

no the warriors defense is a lot better. They were actually competing but howard took over the game and orlando won.

Comment

I have D12 on my RR fantasy team. I was grinning ear to ear when I saw the stat line this morning. It flipped the game in my favor over night. He only made 21 of those free throws by the way.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I think there were 123 pts scored against the Warriors. I dont know if Jackson is having the desired affect. I realize Curry & Kwame are injured but still....looks like the same old Warriors. Howard must be one sore puppy today. I started watching the game but tuned out...wonder if Shaq had any "insights" on the hack strategy!
          Shaq actually went to the line 39 times in one game during the playoffs in 2000.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
            Shaq actually went to the line 39 times in one game during the playoffs in 2000.
            I remember one against the Spurs...dont know if it was the one u mention.

Comment

Working...
            X