Dear Mr. Casey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mr. Casey...

this has been bothering me for some time now. it's probably the single most important thing Casey can do to imrove my enjoyment while watching the raptors. i thought for sure it would have been mentioned before, maybe by doughy smith over at the star, or by the crew at TBJ, or maybe by holly, but alas, i've not yet seen it. nor have i heard it mentioned by leo or jack or matt or even grange. rod black wouldn't notice it (because he quite obviously is a robot).

please dwane, for the love of all that's holy...LET THE PG INBOUND THE FUCKING BALL.

look, i get that there's a 'reason' why non-PGs are assigned that task. but c'mon, man. at least 4 times/game, after a made hoop by the opposition, the ball will just fall into the PGs hands (i notice it more with carter than jose), who is invaribly standing between 3 & 10 inches from the baseline. 8 other players have either already crossed halfcourt or are about to, there is ZERO pressure being applied, and the guy who's 'job' it is to inbound the ball is standing between the FT line & the 3pt line. just take the half step over the baseline, and pass it the fuck in. HE WILL THEN PASS IT RIGHT BACK. but NOOOOOO...that's against the rules. let's make the 7-footer trudge back those 15-20 feet so he can take the ball from jose/AC, pass it the 2 feet into him, and waste ANOTHER 10 SECONDS OF MY LIFE. watching these guys is painful enough without adding an extra minute to the total process.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

You made a whole thread about this ...? haha

And its not really wasting any time off your life, as the clock generally doesn't stop running while this whole 'inbound attrocity' is taking place.

Comment

i can honestly say, in 30ish years of watching basketball, that has never bothered me once..

but now that you bring it up...

i can honestly say, that has never bothered me once

Comment

Its better to have the taller guy inbounding...doesn't bother me in the least...
        Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

I personally couldn't care less about this issue, but I suppose there's a point to this....at least when extrapolating to set inbound plays. Your PG is supposed to be your best passer. In that regard, it makes sense for him to be the one inbounding the ball (against a set defense).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I personally couldn't care less about this issue, but I suppose there's a point to this....at least when extrapolating to set inbound plays. Your PG is supposed to be your best passer. In that regard, it makes sense for him to be the one inbounding the ball (against a set defense).
            on the flipside, your PG is supposed to be your best ball handler... so it makes sense for him to receive the inbound to avoid getting trapped or stripped of the ball

Comment

Really?

To be honest I prefer the Bargnani bashing over this.......whatever you want to call it.

Whoever inbounds the ball makes no difference to me.

Comment

I know this isn't a huge issue, but I also find it terribly irritating when it takes them 15 seconds to figure out who's inbounding and watch amir run to the baseline from half just to throw the ball in when there are no defenders around. I feel like I'm watching a middle school team whenever it happens. But all in all, it really shouldn't matter, I'm just an impatient person.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                  rod black wouldn't notice it (because he quite obviously is a robot).
                  Why so mean to robots?
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Speaking of annoying Raptors habits, has anyone noticed how often Calderon has "almost" been called for 8-second violations? I dunno if he's aware, but there have been many times he's barely crossed halfcourt with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.

Hurry the fuck up dude, and get into the offense early!

Comment

Speaking of annoying Raptors habits, has anyone noticed how often Calderon has "almost" been called for 8-second violations? I dunno if he's aware, but there have been many times he's barely crossed halfcourt with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.

Hurry the fuck up dude, and get into the offense early!

so true, they have way too many late shot clock situations to be taking their time bringing the ball up the floor.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                        so true, they have way too many late shot clock situations to be taking their time bringing the ball up the floor.
                        I suppose it's Casey's way of controlling the pace of the game.

Comment

I suppose it's Casey's way of controlling the pace of the game.
                          Yes that's what I was thinking when I was watching Jose take his time with the ball. I think its intentional. Under Triano, Jose moved a lot faster with the ball.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            i can honestly say, in 30ish years of watching basketball, that has never bothered me once..

but now that you bring it up...

i can honestly say, that has never bothered me once
                            lol this is too funny. Love it.

Comment

you just wasted 20 seconds of my life. This thread is more useless than rasual bulter on the offensive end.

Comment

Working...
                              X