Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Except if it is very cheap and for 3rd string he goes to the Lakers or Bulls. Not saying I would pay more just saying he wouldn't be here.
    Actually if Nash does come Flynn would be an interesting backup. My guess is it takes $3M or just under to get him, and it would have to be as a backup not 3rd string. Kind of risky considering Nash, but intriguing.

Comment

Except if it is very cheap and for 3rd string he goes to the Lakers or Bulls. Not saying I would pay more just saying he wouldn't be here.
      The list in that article were from his own sources/agent.

At 23 years of age, I think he'd be looking at long term fitting in with a team and ability to get minutes/develop/grow. I don't think the lure of playing for the Lakers or Bulls is the same for a 23 year old as it would be for a 32 year old. The Lakers and Bulls are in it to win now. I'm not sure they have the time or patience to develop what is still a prospect. Also, BC was high on him in 2009 draft and he was high on Toronto in 2009 draft. Toronto is the closest NBA team to his hometown.

I'm not trying to imply I know what is going on in his head, just attempting to give the opposite angle/view while also disagreeing with the "... just saying he wouldn't be here" and the implication that I interpreted. Toronto has a lot to offer a young PG.

Comment

Actually if Nash does come Flynn would be an interesting backup. My guess is it takes $3M or just under to get him, and it would have to be as a backup not 3rd string. Kind of risky considering Nash, but intriguing.
        I think it takes a lot less than $3M. We are talking about a player who was given up on in Minnesota (rightly or wrongly), Houston refused to pick up his option on the rookie contract and had him on the trading block for a long time, and Portland picked him up at the start of a full blown tank yet he still played behind a rookie in Nolan Smith.

If he did get $3M I have a feeling any additional years on his contract would be team options.

Comment

• I'd rather take Uzoh as a third PG. Dude earned it.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            I'd rather take Uzoh as a third PG. Dude earned it.
            That is a solid point.... although it could be argued Flynn did more last year with less opportunity.

Comment

• But did he get a triple double?!
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

But did he get a triple double?!
                Much like Flynn's 18/11 game, it was the last game of the season - lol.

Comment

But did he get a triple double?!
                  haha...but did that triple d cost us at least a couple of spots in the draft?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...on-flynns-list

If his hip was healthy I'd have no problem giving Flynn a shot on a VERY cheap contract in a third PG role. He might actually surprise and earn his time at backup...... and if he doesn't, it was a minimal risk.
                    If the Raps can't get Lillard via the draft, Flynn is a decent young guy with upside that I wouldn't mind taking a flier on to backup Nash.

Comment

• To Flynn's defense he's battled some injuries but obviously has a lot of talent. I think he will come a lot cheaper than Bayless' $4M qualifying offer.

Comment

• Flynn on 1 leg is >>>> Uzoh

Comment

• If we pick Lillard he'd most likely be a third string. But that would be useful because if we sign nash also, he's probably going to go down with an injury sometime throughout the season looking at his age. So having 2 young capable PG's would really help

Comment

• Immediately wanted to trademark flynnsanity, but apparently the term already exists in relation to some guy named matt flynn in some other sport.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              If we pick Lillard he'd most likely be a third string. But that would be useful because if we sign nash also, he's probably going to go down with an injury sometime throughout the season looking at his age. So having 2 young capable PG's would really help
                              I doubt a guy like Flynn would be acquired if the Raps draft Lillard. I'm guessing Uzoh has the inside track on being the 3rd string/emergency PG. I can't see BC tying more than a minimum salary into a 3rd string spot, given his track record. I expect a veteran (ie: Nash, Calderon or Lowry) starting, with a young player (ie: Lillard, Flynn) backing up the veteran, with either Uzoh or a cheap veteran (similar to D.Martin, A.Carter) assuming 3rd string duties.

Comment

• Uzoh can play defense, hence he's better than Flynn.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X