Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quirk wrote: View Post
    What I'm assuming is that the kids, especially the toddler, don't spend long periods of time away from their mother. What I know is that he lives in NY for the summer.
    I'm not going to pry into a man's family situation. It's neither my business nor do I care. If he says LA makes being a Dad easier I will take him at his word.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• i'm assuming planetmars doesn't have kids...
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Where?

Likely only when the home games were in Pheonix. I really doubt the kids are flying back and forth based on the team's schedule. And obviously, Nash is not flying to Pheonix when home games are in LA.

Doubtful that the kids are away from mom for more than a couple of weeks, especially the toddler.

This father routine is extremely dubious, dude is divorced with three young children for a reason. Probably because he is to busy for family time, like many people.
        Wow you really are hyped over this. Kudos to you.

See 1390 for the source. Thanks, planetmars.

Comment

What I'm assuming is that the kids, especially the toddler, don't spend long periods of time away from their mother. What I know is that he lives in NY for the summer.
          So all your comments here are based on your assumption? Everything is much more clear now. Thanks.

I know that my 2 year old loses her sh!t when I go to the gym for an hour and a half. Funny enough, the same thing happens when my wife goes.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            So all your comments here are based on your assumption? Everything is much more clear now. Thanks.
            Pretty much. You expected stats? I though we were gossiping about some fluffy PR junk?

Comment

• Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!
              Expand

Sam Amick Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

There goes my dream of Green.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!
                Expand

Sam Amick Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

There goes my dream of Green.
                you can always have Gerald
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• No real room for him anyways
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Any chance the Rap's might pull their offer sheet to Landry Feilds? He's a solid player but I'm not loving how much they are offering him. I think those dollars could be better used elsewhere imo.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Any chance the Rap's might pull their offer sheet to Landry Feilds? He's a solid player but I'm not loving how much they are offering him. I think those dollars could be better used elsewhere imo.
                      We also have no idea if those terms have been renegotiated yet. Very possible considering how much movement has occured since those Negotiations took place.

Comment

Any chance the Rap's might pull their offer sheet to Landry Feilds? He's a solid player but I'm not loving how much they are offering him. I think those dollars could be better used elsewhere imo.
                        I think it all depends on if a verbal agreement was made. If both parties agreed to 3 years and $19M, then it is going to happen - just a matter of how i.e. sign and trade? poison pill RFA offer?

Comment

• there are serious consequences in terms of relations with agents and reputation etc... to pulling an offer sheet.

Comment

• I heard today that Portland withdrew their offer to Hibbert so not sure why the Rap's couldn't do the same with Landry. I would be okay with 3 years and around $15 mil., but $19 Mil. is just to high imo. I realize the Heat have picked him up, but I think Reshard Lewis would have fit the role of a veteran shooter at SF and could have been had on the cheap. Word is that the Heat signed him for 2 years and the first year was for around $1.35 mil. if I'm not mistaken. He obviously wouldn't want to sign with the Rap's, but we could have easily offered him more than did Miami.

Comment

I heard today that Portland withdrew their offer to Hibbert so not sure why the Rap's couldn't do the same with Landry. I would be okay with 3 years and around $15 mil., but $19 Mil. is just to high imo. I realize the Heat have picked him up, but I think Reshard Lewis would have fit the role of a veteran shooter at SF and could have been had on the cheap. Word is that the Heat signed him for 2 years and the first year was for around $1.35 mil. if I'm not mistaken. He obviously wouldn't want to sign with the Rap's, but we could have easily offered him more than did Miami.
                              POR withdrew because Indiana were going to match.

Why tie up cap space for 3 days when the other team is a definite to match?

Comment

• Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I was hoping that BC would maybe use those $$ as part of a trade...I like the idea of moving either Ed or Amir to Philli for T. Young. No clue how that would work, but I'm not big on Landry being our SF moving forward...ditto DeMar manning that spot and Ross is just a rookie so won't be ready for a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X