Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Just wondering. Think he'll end up better than Miller or MKG?
    I don't know. I would be happy with any 1 of the 3. It will be interesting to see how conference play, March Madness, and the draft process play out. So much can change in this time.

What has caught my attention on Barnes is his offensive production is up and more efficient in 2 less minutes per game than last year. Plus I believe any defensive short comings could very easily be helped immensely by the Raps coaching staff. On top of all that his character and work ethic have been well publicized.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      I will repeat the question.

My guess is 4 years for $35-42 millions. What's yours?
      4 years @ $8M/yr sounds about right. The Blazers would likely want to do a S&T so throw in a player like JJ or Kleiza(whoever they request).

Comment

Just wondering. Think he'll end up better than Miller or MKG?
        Long Term Miller will end up the best out of the 3.

Comment

• Batum had a strong game at SG versus ATL. 9-15/3-6/1-2 for 22 points, 8 rebounds, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 2 to. Unfortunately Joe Johnson also had a good game. I am still very much intrigued by Batum playing SG.

Comment

• I wouldn't read too much into what JJ did, he scores on everyone. His contract IS ridiculous but he's still a excellent player and going to put points up on anyone that guards him.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Barnes had a great game against Clemson yesterday. I think he would fit the Raptors better than MKG, due to our lack of a second scoring option. We would have a pretty potent offence with Andrea and Harrison being our primary scorers and DeMar being a third option. Jonas cleaning up the boards and Calderon dishing. As for Batum if we end up getting either MKG or Barnes I think we should spend our money on another position.

I haven't watched Batum enough to know if he could be a good SG. I'm sure our scouts would know. If he is capable that would be a great option.

I think Batum will get between 8-10 mil., based on what he has done with limited minutes and the amount of upside he has.

Comment

• Barnes reminds me of Luol Deng a lot. You can take that how you want.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'll take that... great versatility, good scoring and passing skills, can put the ball on the floor, good mid-range game,high basketball IQ, pretty athletic, very long, plays with good attitude, and has shot a 47 % from the field and 38% average from 3 over the last 5 years.

Comment

Barnes reminds me of Luol Deng a lot. You can take that how you want.
                    I don't think Barnes is near the defender of Deng but, offensively, that is a good comparison I think.

Comment

• he got that off of nbadraft.net their comparisons are way off so I'm not buying that. IMO he can be better than deng offensively and his defense will improve in casey's system if we draft him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Barnes is near the defender of Deng but, offensively, that is a good comparison I think.
                        NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        he got that off of nbadraft.net their comparisons are way off so I'm not buying that. IMO he can be better than deng offensively and his defense will improve in casey's system if we draft him.
                        What's funny is I remember Barnes was touted a year and a half ago as a scoring, defensive SF.

Comment

• I know this is really off topic, but from the posts that I've seen on here, why does no one really believe Demar to be an upcoming all-star? He's shown so much potential to give up on him now, and he has led our team in big games.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• same thing happened with bargs. He might crack a couple of all star games to early to say

Comment

• Raptor fans have big dreams, but they continue to give up on the best of our chances. We're lucky BC proved our asses wrong about Bargnani, even Calderon.

Demar was amazing last year, and even though with his inconsistent play, hes had very good games this year as well! And when he plays well, we're usually successful, maybe not a win, but we play well. Its just a matter of a lack of talent, and missing key players ala Bargs & Kleiza.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• we should take this discussion elsewhere. But i get what your saying

Comment

Working...
                                X