No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having watched Ancient Aliens and played the "As Some Ancient Astronaut Theorists Believe" drinking game...I just pissed myself laughing
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      With Lowry and Martin both injured, Lee and Dragic are taking the opportunity to inflate their free agent contract value.
      I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I think Courtney Lee would fit in well in Toronto. He'd be a good bench player and sometimes fill-in starter.
        100% agree.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          ...and Goran Dragic...thank you!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            ...and Goran Dragic...thank you!
            HELL, why not bring in both?
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• 2012 Free Agency: The $10M Club

Via HoopsWorld.com:

There are plenty of possible permutations to each team’s situation, but that’s just an example of how the idea of cap space doesn’t always meet the reality. Each team will make decisions based on their own criteria; for some of them creating maximum cap space may not be a goal.

What is realistic? There are going to be plenty of players this summer who are looking for large contracts. Going over the list of possible free agents, here’s an estimate of the players who will be in the mix for the $10 million club (they may not end up with that much, but the possibility exists):

Deron Williams, PG, New Jersey Nets
              Steve Nash, PG, Phoenix Suns
              Eric Gordon, SG, New Orleans Hornets*
              Nicolas Batum, SF, Portland Trail Blazers*
              Ryan Anderson, PF, Orlando Magic*
              Tim Duncan, F/C, San Antonio Spurs
              Roy Hibbert, C, Indiana Pacers*
              Brook Lopez, C, New Jersey Nets*
              Chris Kaman, C, New Orleans Hornets
              JaVale McGee, C, Denver Nuggets*

(* denotes restricted if Qualifying Offer issued by June 30th)

I cannot stress enough the importance of clicking the link and reading the information before hand. A team only having $45M on the books next season does not necessarily mean it will have $13M in cap space for free agency.

An understanding of cap holds is needed to get a realistic idea of how much a team can have to spend in free agency.

The Raptors might only have $42M on the books for next year but they have Weems qualifying offer, JV's cap hold, 2012 pick cap hold, Bayless cap hold, Wright cap hold, Gray cap hold, and Magloire cap hold. Suddenly they have $64M on the books. In addition the Raptors would have to renounce the TPE created from Barbosa trade, their MLE, and bi-annual exception to use their supposed 'cap space'.

Comment

• Free agency

Who do you want to see signed? not signed
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Bayless, Gray, Magloire, Anthony Parker (if he accepts to be the 3rd SG). Via draft, Davis or Barnes, Kabongo.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
                  Davis/Davis/Johnson
                  Bargnani/Johnson/Kleiza
                  DeRozan/Forbes/Parker
                  Calderon/Bayless/Kabongo

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Bayless, Gray, Magloire, Anthony Parker (if he accepts to be the 3rd SG). Via draft, Davis or Barnes, Kabongo.

Davis/Davis/Johnson
                    Bargnani/Johnson/Kleiza
                    DeRozan/Forbes/Parker
                    Calderon/Bayless/Kabongo
                    Bargnani is not playing the 3 don't kid yourself. If we draft davis one of them will be gone

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Bayless, Gray, Magloire, Anthony Parker (if he accepts to be the 3rd SG). Via draft, Davis or Barnes, Kabongo.

Davis/Davis/Johnson
                      Bargnani/Johnson/Kleiza
                      DeRozan/Forbes/Parker
                      Calderon/Bayless/Kabongo
                      that awkward moment when you want the best player in the draft, but still want to keep bargnani.............

Comment

• Why not? Then assuming he's not playing the 3, with that roster, witch moves would you do? Trade Bargs? Amir? For what? A SF? Who?

Comment

• Bargnani at 3 is not going to happen, we've had our little position uncertainty cleared up, he is a 4! not a 5, and definitely not a 3! (Can you imagine him guarding LBJ, Carmelo, Granger, etc)
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• PG: Goran Dragics recent performance in lowry's absence has been solid, the rap needs to give this guy a look.
                            SF: Jeff Green would be an interesting piece (depending on what happens in the draft)
                            PF: stuck on a deep laker bench, id like to see Jordan Hill and his dreads in TO (which makes ED expendable in a trade package)
                            C: Raps very own aaron gray should be brought back, because he brings what the raps sorely needs: size and bulk

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani at 3 is not going to happen, we've had our little position uncertainty cleared up, he is a 4! not a 5, and definitely not a 3! (Can you imagine him guarding LBJ, Carmelo, Granger, etc)
                              we could go big with jj at the point dd at the 2 bargs davis bigv

Comment

• Bargs has great quickness, I'm thinking Kleiza at the 1, Bargs at the 2, Ed Davis 3, AJohnson 4, Gray 5.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X