Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you do analysis of Probable Salary/probable production I think you'll come to the conclusion that Hinrich is probably going to offer a lot more value than Felton will; I think Hinrich is probably looking at $3-4M/yr versus Felton at $7-8M/yr. Felton might be the biggest name free agent PG this off-season. At least one team is going to offer something stupid in my opinion given that the draft is thin on PGs.
    If given the choice of Hinrich or Felton as a starter, I would rather keep Calderon and hope McKechnie devises a program to keep him healthy next year. I'd rather Hinrich if we are talking back up.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If given the choice of Hinrich or Felton as a starter, I would rather keep Calderon and hope McKechnie devises a program to keep him healthy next year. I'd rather Hinrich if we are talking back up.
      I think they should hang on to Calderon until the find and mold their PG of the future. In the meantime Hinrich is exactly the kind of role player the Raptors need coming off the bench at both guard spots. Both Colangelo and Casey express a desire for more veterans. Hinrich fits a lot of what they're looking for and he's going to come relatively cheap.

Comment

• Dragic doesn't like the cold?

Raptorfan2012

What is the Rocket’s stance on keeping Goran Dragic; is he a must-have? What are the chances that the Raptors can land him as their new starting PG for $7-8 million per season?

Bill Ingram

Kyle Lowry is the must-have. Houston won’t pay Dragic, so I think he’ll be elsewhere. I talked to him about the Raptors, as they want him desperately, and he said he couldn’t take the weather. But we’ll see. Money keeps you warm!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...l-ingram-42312
        I guess Goran's time in Phoenix and Houston has made him forget his roots of ljubljana, Slovenia (Yugoslavia).

With this being a weak draft for PG's, I see the free agent market for them being raised. I like Dragic but not enough to over spend. I think he ends up in Portland.

Comment

• I wonder if Dragic realizes that NBA games are played INDOORS....even in Canada :|

Comment

• I'd do 4 years 32 million for Dragic
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• wait raps want dragic desperately what?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm always weary of contract year numbers. I'd rather roll the dice with Calderon for 1 more year than commit long term to Dragic.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I wonder if Dragic realizes that NBA games are played INDOORS....even in Canada :|
                  The man is allowed to have a personal life as well. I have no problem with hearing stuff about cold weather provided that it's not coming from someone then says he has no problem playing in Detroit or Boston or Denver or any other place where there is snow on the ground in the winter. To me, especially regarding Americans, it's like they think it drops 20 degrees as soon as they cross the boarder.

Comment

• From Stephen Brotherston's HoopsWorld.com chat today:

Raptors have free agent targets – the Goran Dragic name is gaining traction – but we need to see the draft before getting a better feel for who they’ll target. There is a good chance of a draft day or draft related deal.
                    ALEX

Great chats,RAPS. fan. Which FA BC. will be targeting in the summer?and if draft day 3 best SF are gone, who they will draft?
                    thanks

Stephen Brotherston

Solid rumor that Colangelo is interested in Goran Dragic as his PG of the future. Hits the hot buttons – 25 years-old, can play defense, likes to pass a bit – and Houston is thought to be cheap when it comes to protecting FAs. C. Lee, RFA in Houston would also solidify the Raps at the wing.

Beal, Robinson, B.A.P., or wheel & deal
                    I do like Kendall Marshall if the Raps fall in the draft.

It seems the Dragic drum is beating louder in Raptor land.

Comment

• I wonder what Brotherston's sources are (other than the Ingram piece referenced above).

Comment

• Hold up, Courtney Lee would solidify the Raptors on the wing? I like Courtney Lee but I'm not sure he's a starter and the Raptors are in dire need of a legit starter on the wing... That said how is Lee solidifying the wing? I'd love to see him play here but he's not going to fix the wing by himself. He would be a nice player coming off the bench and pushing DeRozan in practice though.

I'm fearful of Dragic coming here. I'm fearful this is the kind of player Colangelo takes a Hail Mary pass on and over pays. If he's signed for 2nd string dollars then bring it on but if he's due for a big payday then please just say no.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Hold up, Courtney Lee would solidify the Raptors on the wing? I like Courtney Lee but I'm not sure he's a starter and the Raptors are in dire need of a legit starter on the wing... That said how is Lee solidifying the wing? I'd love to see him play here but he's not going to fix the wing by himself. He would be a nice player coming off the bench and pushing DeRozan in practice though.

I'm fearful of Dragic coming here. I'm fearful this is the kind of player Colangelo takes a Hail Mary pass on and over pays. If he's signed for 2nd string dollars then bring it on but if he's due for a big payday then please just say no.
                          Agreed I'd rather keep Bayless for his QO than over pay for Dragic. It has to be the right price. I feel like we already have the edge cause its Toronto.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nah I'd take Dragic over Bayless.

I wouldn't spend stupid money on him though.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• When dragic comes to visit in the summer he'll realize the it isnt so bad here

Comment

• Just say no to 4-years, 32 million. That's utterly insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X