X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban Twitter.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Word is the raps have a deal in place with Sasha "somehow banging Sharapova" V for 4 years/18 milli. Seems a little fishy to me but the fact it's even being reported is enough to make me throw up in my mouth.
      If it sounds totally illogical then chances are it is totally incorrect.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I'm not too sure about the Spurs the last few seasons. I can't believe they still haven't gotten an athletic big man to pair with Duncan (Splitter and Duncan don't seem to mash when playing together) and I think they are severly undersized against some teams with two offensively capable big man (like the Lakers and Mephis and even the Thunder when playing small with Durant at the PF). I fully expected them to trade for one during this season. Good regular season again, but I think they are only an outsider in the playoffs in spite of their record.
        You have a good point about lack of bigs but this has not been for want of trying ...they after all were willing to give up Parker for the chance to pick JV (according to the rumor mill). Duncan is now basketball-old as well.

Comment

Word is the raps have a deal in place with Sasha "somehow banging Sharapova" V for 4 years/18 milli. Seems a little fishy to me but the fact it's even being reported is enough to make me throw up in my mouth.
          If this happens I will be officially off the BC wagon and start a movement to have him fired. It does not make sense and must be a fake. Is this guy even in the league now?

Comment

• Raptors free agent targets

It's clear from what Casey has said that the Raptors will look to be active in free agency to get experienced, tough players to push for the playoffs next year. The Raptors will probably have about 8-10 million to spend unless they amnesty someone. So we aren't looking at a max contract, instead we expect to see probably just one or two starter-level guys. Which is still a big improvement over the bench-level dudes who have been playing most of the Raptors minutes. I'm curious who y'all think the Raptors might realistically end up with who would fit the rotation. Here are my suggestions.

Unrestricted: -- ordered roughly in terms of expected salary

Steve Nash (PG): He'd be a huge upgrade. His age is a risk, but playing in Toronto might appeal to him and he is the only genuine superstar who might be in our price range.

Gerald Wallace (SF): He'd use all our cap space, but he's an extremely good player and a solid defender. An enormous upgrade over what we have. He has a player option, so he might not be available, but I presume if his agent hears about an option that is tempting, he'd be happy to get out of Jersey (although maybe not if Deron for some reason stays).

Ersan Ilyasova (PF): This guy has blown up over the past year. He is a great three point shooter and a great rebounder, and he can play small forward if he has to.

Lou Williams (SG): He can opt out of his contract, which would make him unrestricted: he'd be passing up 5.4 million, so he would presumably only do it for a multi-year contract in the 6+ million dollar range. That's reasonable for one of the best 6th men in the game. He has the rare combination of high usage and high efficency, and he held his checks to very limited production.

Kris Humphries (PF): Is a really good rebounder and a tough guy. I doubt that he or Colangelo want him back in Toronto, though.

Goran Dragic (PG): He is unrestricted, has shown he can run a team successfully, is a plus defender and is young.

Matt Barnes (SF): We know Colangelo likes him (since he tried to sign him last summer), he plays at a position of need, and he's unrestricted. Downside is that's he's just solid, as opposed to being above-average. He would definitely not use up all our cap space, allowing us to sign 2 guys, potentially.

Restricted: These guys can always be matched, so any of them are pretty unlikely. I include only one guy who we might have some shot at.

Omer Asik: A fantastic defender and a legit 5. Would complement Bargnani and Valanciunas really well as a third big. The Bulls might not match if the contract puts them too far into luxury tax territory.

I think any of Nash, Wallace, Ilyasova and Williams would be great. Who have I missed that is a plausible signing and would add something needed?

Comment

• Dragic seems to be a popular name amongst the Republic. And there was some report suggesting that Colangelo is indeed interested (I don't remember where I read that).

Comment

• In the presser Casey couldn't have called for shooters more. Specifically veteran players, too. Both he and BC said the team was young enough which kind of worries me that if the pick is in the 7-11 range they'll trade it for a vet.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

In the presser Casey couldn't have called for shooters more. Specifically veteran players, too. Both he and BC said the team was young enough which kind of worries me that if the pick is in the 7-11 range they'll trade it for a vet.

I am getting that same feeling, especially if we drop.
                  We are going after a shooter

Comment

In the presser Casey couldn't have called for shooters more. Specifically veteran players, too. Both he and BC said the team was young enough which kind of worries me that if the pick is in the 7-11 range they'll trade it for a vet.
                    Yeah I heard that too.. and I'm fearing the same. The one name that I kept hearing in my head when Casey was speaking was Andrei Kirilenko. I just hope that's my mind playing a trick on me. He's too injury prone for my liking.

Comment

• Nash is not coming.

I'm sorry but, it's not happening unless he completely gives up on getting a ring and is like 42. He loves phoenix way too much, to leave it if he weren't going to a straight away contender or favoured team to win it all.

Not to get off-topic completely. But, I like nash going to san antonio.

don't know if the rest of those guys are in the best interest, at this point.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Why would the spurs sign Nash when Parker is playing elite basketball?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Why would the spurs sign Nash when Parker is playing elite basketball?
                          +1

Parker is probably best in the league right now IMO

Id like to see ilyasova, but rumor has it that hes gonna command 8 million... that really chews up the cap space pretty fast
                          Last edited by SitnonDfence; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• I don't think we'll see Nash here for 2 reasons. First because the raps will be pusing hard just to make the playoffs for the near future and secondly I'd be surprised to see him play under BC again after the way he destroyed the Suns during Nash's prime. I see Nash in Indiana nest year.

Comment

• mmissile wrote: View Post
                              I see Nash in Indiana nest year.
                              The thought hadnt crossed my mind, but him and Barbie were tight.... kind of scary when you think about it.

Comment

• Can Ilyasova play the 3 full time? He can shoot it, but can he handle the ball at all, can he score off the bounce? Most of what I have seen is spot up 3's and scores around the hoop on post ups.

He does intrigue me though.

Dragic does spark my interest, but would we sign while Jose is still on the roster?
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X