Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Maybe. But put a guy in who can create his own shot and create for others at the 2 guard and suddenly that is no longer as big of an issue on offense as he is able to stretch the defense with his 3 point shooting and is savvy at cutting to the hoop.

On defense, I don't have enough conviction in stating if he could reasonably guard SF's in the NBA.
    I like his game and whoever was commentating (Jack or Leo) raved about him when the Bucks played the Raps. We have to be interested in him if not for any other reason than the fact he averaged 25ppg this year against us.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• lets sign Jeff Green
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        lets sign Jeff Green
        I really hope you're joking. That poor kid is one hard workout from dropping dead on the court.

Comment

• If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Not to mention his injury history, age, and declining production. If I had to take Camby or Gray, I'd take Gray.... and I bet he'd be a lot cheaper as well.
            Dude, you can't just stay away from players because they have disagreements with a coach. You wouldn't have enough to fill the roster then.

Taking Gray over Camby makes as much sense as it doesn't.

Plus, Camby doesn't even play in portland anymore and he isn't known for beefs.

His declining production fits perfectly with his declining role on a team. Nobody is talking about him being a starter or a long term fix, so if anything his age is a positive because of the experience he can share. His Injury history, i'd be shocked if a late 30's 7 foot man didn't have an injury history. Never mind one that has played basketball for the past twenty something years.

But, I do agree that he shouldn't be coming here nore will he. He's at the age where he just wants to settle in and play out his last few years. If he does move, he wants it to be to a legit contender and wants a guaranteed role where his minutes don't constantly fluxuate.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him
              I agree. Plus, last time I checked he didn't retire and was a damn good player.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                Dude, you can't just stay away from players because they have disagreements with a coach. You wouldn't have enough to fill the roster then.

Taking Gray over Camby makes as much sense as it doesn't.

Plus, Camby doesn't even play in portland anymore and he isn't known for beefs.

His declining production fits perfectly with his declining role on a team. Nobody is talking about him being a starter or a long term fix, so if anything his age is a positive because of the experience he can share. His Injury history, i'd be shocked if a late 30's 7 foot man didn't have an injury history. Never mind one that has played basketball for the past twenty something years.

But, I do agree that he shouldn't be coming here nore will he. He's at the age where he just wants to settle in and play out his last few years. If he does move, he wants it to be to a legit contender and wants a guaranteed role where his minutes don't constantly fluxuate.
                He wants to play in Houston where he plans to retire and just built a house.

Comment

• Ya, I know that.

But, I imagine that would be what he wants if Houston doesn't want him.

I was just arguing your reasons of him not being a good signing.

I guess something got misinterpreted.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                    Ya, I know that.

But, I imagine that would be what he wants if Houston doesn't want him.

I was just arguing your reasons of him not being a good signing.

I guess something got misinterpreted.
                    I think my reasons were legit.

38 year olds should be past the point of beefing with coaches or in this case they should give a sh!t and step forward to be a leader - especially when looking at a candidate for a rebuilding team such as Toronto.

His injury history is brutal regardless of his age.

Taking Gray makes more sense if he gives you better production and is cheaper. The declining role is a good point though.

Comment

If he is cleared by doctors and passes all his physicals I don't see any reason not to sign him
                      That's a massive if. Aortic aneurysms are nothing to take lightly. One of the recommendations for post Aortic aneurysm surgery patients is that they avoid heavy lifting. I assume Green will attempt to make a comeback, but jeez, it's really iffy and how effectively and how much of a contribution he would make I would assume would be limited.

Comment

• Just to make it clear AK47 is one year older than Gerald Wallace and has way more playoffs experience. Is to contributing to winning unlike GW. AK47 shoots the ball better(a need like DC BC said) than GW

Also it's the first time that Andrei has been actually healthy in the last couple years.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Just to make it clear AK47 is one year older than Gerald Wallace and has way more playoffs experience. Is to contributing to winning unlike GW. AK47 shoots the ball better(a need like DC BC said) than GW

Also it's the first time that Andrei has been actually healthy in the last couple years.
                          I think Wallace, AK47, and Ilyasova would all command around the same amount of money.

Given age and shooting and rebounding ability, I'd really like to see Ilyasova over the other guys.

Comment

• Batum and Mayo are certainly on my list. Now that the Raptors aren't signing Sasha they should have the cap space to land one of these guys.

Comment

• A definite "HELL YES" to Mayo. He's everything we're hoping DeRozan one day turns into.

And if it's a choice between Wallace or Kirilenko, I'd go with Kirilenko. He provides almost as much value, but at a noticeably cheaper price (I assume).

Comment

• What about Courtney Lee? he's no mayo or batum, but a capable wing (starter or bench) with good IQ and all around ability (and a finals run under his belt)

Comment

Working...
                                X