No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddick isn't as 1-dimensional as we think. He'd provide much more value to us than Kapono. He's an underrated defensive player.

Comment

• I agree. Reddick can do a lot more than just shoot the ball.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Batum:.
        I like the KI and TT Cavaliers as much as I like the Raptors and Batum would be an even better fit in Cleveland than he would be in Toronto.

I will be happy if he signs with Cleveland or Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorBlog(Scott): One of the reasons a lot of Raptors fans might be interested in your possible free agency plans is that a lot of fans hold on to the hope that you’ll finish your career in a Toronto Raptors uniform. Assuming the Raptors submitted an appealing offer in that situation, is that something you would consider?

Vince: Of course it’s something that I would definitely consider. And it’s something in the free agency this year, once everything was worked out with Phoenix and I was a free agent, that was a question I was asked by my family and by my agent. He’s like ‘what if?’ and I was like, ‘hey, definitely, we’ll hear what they have to say.’ So I never rule it out.
          Full interview here http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...-vince-carter/

Is this something that we should pursue? I don't know how much money he'd be asking for, but seeing Vince retire as a Raptor is defnitely something I'd be interested in for the right price.

Comment

• I don't think Colangelo would go there. I feel this way because first and foremost Carter doesn't fit with what Casey is trying to achieve. Secondly, this is a political issue. Colangelo is best to avoid it and he easily can.

Comment

• I think Vince Carter right now would be as good to us as the other Carter we signed this year.

Okay, maybe a little better.
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                Full interview here http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...-vince-carter/

Is this something that we should pursue? I don't know how much money he'd be asking for, but seeing Vince retire as a Raptor is defnitely something I'd be interested in for the right price.
                Thanks for posting that interview!! Great read.

I love Vince.

RaptorBlog(Joseph): Do you think there will be a time, either when you come back as an opposing player or maybe in retirement, years down the road, where you step out on to that Air Canada Centre floor, and you get an ovation? Do you see Vince Carter ever receiving that in Toronto? Do you even hope for it?

Vince: Yeah, of course you hope for it. You know, that’s where I started. I have so many memories. Like with the questions you’ve asked, it’s brought chills because you just think back to where it started. I was able to play in a time in this city where it was, it wasn’t known, it wasn’t a popular place to be. But at the same time, there was love. When we were able to beat the Knicks for that first playoff win, I recalled making the first basket in the Air Canada Centre. That’s something that I’ll never ever forget. So I do hope for it because every time I walk in there now and I look up there, I just say, ‘Hey man, I made history here.’ You know? I won Rookie of the Year here. I won the slam dunk contest representing Toronto. That’s never been done. I have plenty of memories and you definitely hope for it.

RaptorBlog(Scott): As I said, you’re still a significant figure here, and I think deep down inside, all of us hope that there’s that sort of full reconciliation and that maybe your jersey will be hanging from the rafters of the Air Canada Centre one day.

Vince: Hey, I hope so.

I'm dying for this day. It NEEDS to happen.

If Dominique can get his Retired in Atlanta, then Vince can get his retired here.
                Last edited by Joey; Fri May 11, 2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgia doesn't win rings.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Nostalgia doesn't win rings.
                    Great line. haha Fully agree.

And while I would love to see him retire a Raptor, I'm not sure its in the best interests of the team.
                    Right now anywa. Maybe in a few years when he actually is considering retirement.

Comment

• Just say NO! to Vince Carter.

He'd be a backup. He has never been one to show veteran leadership or a strong work ethic. Every team he has touched since NJ was poisoned with his stink. The type of money it would take to get him in Toronto would be much better served on JJ Redick (if Orlando does not pick up his option) or Danny Green type players.

Comment

• vince has to be one of the biggest NOs for us. we shouldn't be his last contract. he lost his right to play on our team. playing for the raptors is a privilege not a "if no one else will pay". when someone burns a bridge you don't build it back up for them. i would feel like an abused wife if he comes back "it's going to be different this time" "i've learned a lot about quitting" "i've changed" "one more chance and i'll show you who i really am".

remember the awesome feeling you had when he did the spinning windmill dunk and then mcgrady drop passed him the ball? he was all "raptor for life" we were all "canada, fuck yeah" and then after hakeem......fast forward to the greatest center toronto ever had, alonzo mourning and then a kick right in the dick. stomp stomp stomp. ow our collective balls, 10 years of suckage. fuck vince, mourning and kenny anderson

Comment

• Anyways, enough of Vince.

What do people think about Asik? I have no idea what kind of coin he'd command but the reality is big Val is gonna need a couple years. He can start and be that defensive anchor in the middle, and in a couple years come off the bench.

I realize Gray is serviceable and probably much cheaper, but Asik is REALLY good defensively.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Anyways, enough of Vince.

What do people think about Asik? I have no idea what kind of coin he'd command but the reality is big Val is gonna need a couple years. He can start and be that defensive anchor in the middle, and in a couple years come off the bench.

I realize Gray is serviceable and probably much cheaper, but Asik is REALLY good defensively.
                            Asik would be a HUGE step up from Gray, in both Skill level as well as Pay bracket.

I'd love it if we could get him, but I'm not sure Chicago would be willing to let him go.
                            They love him down there. What with the whole, "Asik and Destroy" thing. Ugh.

Comment

• I don't think they have the money to resign him though?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I have no idea why they haven't amnesty'd Boozer yet
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X