No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By virtue of posting it here, it is automatically copyrighted, according to the last go round of international agreement on copyright rules, late 90's I think.

Taking anything that has been produced in public, since 1985 or sop, and that doesn't explicitly allow reproduction (such as a declaration that the material is in the Public Domain) is a copyright violation. Typically, "fair use" would include a quote with attribution, or a few lines with a link back to the original source (if internet based).

I am not a copyright lawyer, nor do I play one in a day time TV show, so you may accept this statement for what it is worth.

Comment

• I must say, just from reading those quotes, that is a pretty good forum poster they got there.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I must say, just from reading those quotes, that is a pretty good forum poster they got there.
        You think their Tim is our Tim??

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          You think their Tim is our Tim??
          Way too objective...

Comment

• He's probably not the first and won't be the last. He's guilty of being one lazy fuck though.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Dr. J

Can the Jazz use their $10 million trade exception in a sign and trade? How would that affect their ability to sign other players?

Larry Coon

Yes, if you are talking about RECEIVING a player signed by another team. They’d be over the cap, and would only be able to acquire other players using exceptions. But any cap room they could potentially get would be small anyway.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nbasalary-...rry-coon-51612

File this one under learning something new everyday.

This creates more free agent options now if the Raptors take on salary before July 1st. No longer would they be limited to the MLE - they could exceed it by $2.6M.

Comment

• The "Insider" brand has taken on a whole new meaning of exclusivity. And people pay for this?

Comment

• so yeah, that danny green fella is pretty nice
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• danny green is a wet shooter. Danny green, Nash and Batum i'd be happy with either one of them, or all lol

Comment

• I may have missed it but what about Chris Kaman at a reasonable salary for a couple years?

He could be our starting C and help teach JV the ropes - JV can still be our first big off the bench while he adapts to the NBA game and gets into inevitable foul trouble.... people always say C's take the longest to truly develop and perfect their game

Comment

• That's certainly not out of the question.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• The problem with Kaman is that you already have 4 guys under contract that are interchangable for next season. He's going to want a lot of money and playing time - something we can't guarantee. Re-signing Aaron Gray is the best thing to do.

Comment

• San Antonio Spurs’ Danny Green, Playing Into Big Bucks? The 2012 free agent shooting guard class is expected to boast notable names such as Jamal Crawford, O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon and J.R. Smith.

But one of the lesser known players, San Antonio Spurs’ Danny Green, is improving his stock while the aforementioned d guys watch him from home during the postseason.

Green is averaging 10.4 points and 4 rebounds for the Spurs during the playoffs, a run which includes sweeps of the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers. From an efficiency standpoint, Green is connecting on 50 percent of his shots in the playoffs and has nailed 16-of-35 (46 percent) of his attempts from three-point range, scoring in double figures in five of the Spurs’ eight postseason contests. He also serves as a key cog in San Antonio’s defensive scheme, notably forcing Clippers guard Chris Paul into forced shots and erratic play during their series.

Green won’t command the bucks Crawford, Mayo, Gordon and Smith are likely to take home this summer, but the No. 46 overall pick of the 2009 draft has surely played himself into a very respectable multi-year deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-bil...eturn-to-court

Looks like Green is no longer a well-kept secret.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Looks like Green is no longer a well-kept secret.
                              You let the cat out of the bag Matt...as for Green

I have watched 6 of the 8 Spurs games in the playoffs thus far (I'm trying to figure out how they dismantle teams and make it look easy) ...I'd go as high as 4-5 mill for him and lock him up for at least 3 years
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Dragic is expected to be targeted by several teams offering that opportunity, but Morey said the Rockets intend to sign Dragic. The GM and McHale met with Dragic after the season.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...e-to-move-on/? utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X