Airball Magloire NBA's worst player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Jamaal Magloire.

I mean he has the best nickname since "Air Canada Carter" (which I am thinking should be given to Anthony Carter).

I love how he boxes out, how he sticks his elbows out after a board dying to take the head off of somebody, how he gets under people's skin (Roy Hibbert and the Indiana Pacers, D-cous) for good or for bad, despite what people say he is a veteran (the guy averaged a double double, was an allstar, etc.) and airballs aside, I want him to retire a Toronto Raptor.

Though this is all your opinion, I feel like you are just another angry fan wanting to take out some frustration about the team losing (though this was expected), but this is just a guess.

Why make a thread like this? One of the worst players on one of the worst teams is bad? Umm sure?
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jan 19, 2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I hate giving out all inclusive retirement packages to players dumped into the free agency when we are a struggling franchise in a rebuilding mode. Magloire and Carter are terrible and should not have been signed. DeMar, Davis and Bayless must already be dreaming about moving to a better team. I would rather take a chance on a youngster from the D-league who is dying to prove himself and earn that contract.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
        I hate giving out all inclusive retirement packages to players dumped into the free agency when we are a struggling franchise in a rebuilding mode. Magloire and Carter are terrible and should not have been signed. DeMar, Davis and Bayless must already be dreaming about moving to a better team. I would rather take a chance on a youngster from the D-league who is dying to prove himself and earn that contract.
        There is such a thing as too much youth. Imagine DeMar was the leader of the team at this time with his attitude and demeanour that is showing through as a result of his frustration.

Magloire, Carter, and Butler may be brutal players but all these young guys in the D-League are likely to be just as effective. The difference is these guys have been in the league for 10-plus years. They are professionals, they know what it takes to last in the league - especially with less than spectacular talent.

It was to be expected, but it seems fans have forgotten what this season was all about. A team full of sub-24 year olds with little NBA experience is a good way to bring the problems Sacramento and Washington are facing to Raptorville. Developing character and professionalism is just as important to an NBA team as developing defensive systems, a handle, or a three point shot.

Comment

I like what Magloire is giving this year. His toughness, experience and leadership seem unmatched on this squad. If he can help even one of our soft prospects not be such a wimp, he's golden in my books. I wasn't expecting anything more then for him to make a cameo every 3 or 4 games, foul somebody hard, then go back to the bench. He's doing a lot more then that so far.

I don't think NBA player's should be burning the wick at both ends anyway's, playing ball 12 months a year. That's why Jose was so terrible the last few years. Why Garbo retired. Why Yao retired. Why Nash didn't start making All-Star teams until his 30's, after he retired from international ball. Preparing his body during the summer's, instead of burning it out playing for Canada, Magloire has still missed 28% of the games over his career due to injury. In hindsight, I think he made the right call. Especially now that we know Rautins would have thrown him under the bus with Nash, even if he had been there every year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            There is such a thing as too much youth. Imagine DeMar was the leader of the team at this time with his attitude and demeanour that is showing through as a result of his frustration.

Magloire, Carter, and Butler may be brutal players but all these young guys in the D-League are likely to be just as effective. The difference is these guys have been in the league for 10-plus years. They are professionals, they know what it takes to last in the league - especially with less than spectacular talent.

It was to be expected, but it seems fans have forgotten what this season was all about. A team full of sub-24 year olds with little NBA experience is a good way to bring the problems Sacramento and Washington are facing to Raptorville. Developing character and professionalism is just as important to an NBA team as developing defensive systems, a handle, or a three point shot.
            +1

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              I think now is a great time for JM to face the court of public opinion and this is the thread to do it.

Was anyone else not bothered to see him never lace up for his country when we have seen guys like Garbo and Calderon diminish their pro value to play for their country?

This looks good on Airball Magliore - we have had a chance to see what his is contributing - Post defend or Dump. JM this is your life...
              i could care less he never played for canada. :S .... like really boo hoo , magloire didint play for canada 5 years ago. tristan thompson just said he didint wanna play last summer and neither did nash.... maybe the coaching of leo rautins was completely brutal hence the reason he was fired....

i have no problem seeing magloire body slam and or elbow guys in the head this season. his ft's need work but as long as he starts making 50 percent of them id be happy

Comment

Tristan Thompson had a reason not to play though... what was magloire's reason?

Comment

Working...
                X