Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    ..have you seen JJ play?
    yes he was hitting jumpers in chicago. scored 11 or 12 points.... he has offensive potential. Your crazy if you can't see that

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      yes he was hitting jumpers in chicago. scored 11 or 12 points.... he has offensive potential. Your crazy if you can't see that
      That was probably more to do with wanting to prove Chicago wrong for trading him. I don't think it's a coincidence that Johnson's best offensive game was against the Bulls.

Comment

Last year the team had a horrible offensive efficiency(20th), so let's not pretend like the offense was awesome last year, we just had a high pace.

This year we are down(27th) but that is largely due to missing Bargs and we were not that far from last years rank when he was in (above 20th with him I believe but the sample size was small).

The whole league is also down compared to last year, but that could be expected given the condensed season.
        Last edited by Vandel; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          That was probably more to do with wanting to prove Chicago wrong for trading him. I don't think it's a coincidence that Johnson's best offensive game was against the Bulls.
          JJ

23 points, 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 2 Steals and 4 blocks. He has a lot of offense just waiting to be unleashed

Comment

PPG is not an appropriate measuring stick of where the team is because it doesn't take pace factor and strength of opponent into account.

Here's the Oliverian metrics:
            Off Rtg: 95.6 (29th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 103.7 (19th of 30)
            SRS: -7.79 (26th of 30)

Surprising that they aren't better than 19th in defensive rating given how many defensive-oriented players, eg. Davis, the Johnsons, et al. that they have. But they don't have stoppers at the point or the wings, and they have to use too-small players to plug the lane.

If they're going to be this bad, I say get rid of everybody that costs more than a replacement-level player. They'd only move down a couple of spots anyway.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              JJ

23 points, 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 2 Steals and 4 blocks. He has a lot of offense just waiting to be unleashed
              Man, I love your optimism, but even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day.

James Johnson, for all his positives, is not a scorer. He can get better, but he's never going to be one of your top options on O. As long as he gets at least some form of consistent mid-range game, though, his other benefits on D and brining energy will be enough to make him a valuable player off the bench.
              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                Man, I love your optimism, but even a stopped clock shows the right time twice a day.

James Johnson, for all his positives, is not a scorer. He can get better, but he's never going to be one of your top options on O. As long as he gets at least some form of consistent mid-range game, though, his other benefits on D and brining energy will be enough to make him a valuable player off the bench.
                i never said he'd be a great offensive player. But he can't still be a threat to score

Comment

Working...
                X