Makes Sense for Both Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes Sense for Both Teams

I've been over it and over it checking out the position needs, the contracts, talent level including prosects,and the win loss records of every team in the league. T.O has the best chance at pulling this off.
    While I know it sounds far fetched and it's probably something knowones considered. This trade:

Toronto-
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Jose Calderon
    Demar Derozan
    1st Round pick (maybe)

Miami-
    Dwayne Wade

If Miami made this trade they give up there superstar and still be as Competitive as they are right now if not more.
    They have a good PF with Beasly who will most likely turn into an all star. J.O is still a solid center both those guys would excel with the play making that comes with Hedo and Jose Also they would have a SG (Derozan) with a ton of potential for the future. Plus this summer with all the expiring contracts they would still have the cap space to sign a guy like Joe Johnson, yet another smart spot up guy who would benefit from playing with two great play makers. Calderon is great in a half court set and that's what Miami likes to run for the most part.
    Wade would work in T.O for obvious reasons. I'm sure if Bosh and Wade could be on a team together it might as well be in Toronto.
    Colangelo could sign them both to long term deals and have one of the best cores in the league.
    Most of all both teams could feel good that they didn't send good players to losing teams essensially screwing them over. Win Win
    There is a hand full of teams I can see that could pull off a fair trade for Wade. However there playoff bound teams that would have to blow up their core and hope everything works out. This trade would be good for everyone, players, owners, teams ect.
    On the other hand I could just be a hopeful and bias Raps fan.

What ever herb you're smoking please pass that on. Why would Miami trade for two pretty bad long term contracts for 2 player close to 30, also a late-first round (If we added wade = automatic playoff contender), and DDR (who develop into nice player but not wade nice). And I haven't even got to the craziest part is why would Miami trade Dwayne Wade at all and for anything less than a all-star.

Comment

As crazy as it sounds. Miami has the same dilemma with Wade as the Raps do with Bosh. After this season they could loose Wade if they can't sign the right players. It's all a big risk.
      While I think there's a good chance all the big FA's this summer are going to sign back with the teams their on right now. Miami could assure themselves that they will stay compeditive regardless of what happends and keep developing and building around Beasley who they love. It would't be rebuiling mode for them not with a couple unselfish play makers to compliment there better players. And ya another way to go for Miami would be to try and sign Lebron or Bosh in the summer but it's not a sure thing.
      They got like two players signed past this year. If they can't sign some great players they're screwed.
      Besides Beasley, Hedo and Jose are better than anybody else on their roster.
      And better team players than anyone on their roster.
      Are they as good as Wade not even close. At least this trade would give them some balance. And some pieces to keep them decent going into the future.
      Although Miami like the Raptors are one of the worst managed teams in the history of the league.
      So what ever they do it's going to be for the short term and they'll be in the same position next year and the year after and so on.

Comment

Another thing have you heard some of the crap ass trade scenarios have been rumoured for Bosh. I'm pretty generous with this trade.

Comment

lol.

Comment

Originally refreshing to have a reverse trade scenario from all the CB trade rumors, so props to that. while at it with bosh and wade, bron might be attracting to join as will to complete the finish piece of the big three!! hah

As for reality, there's no way as long as Pat Riley is there that he would let Wade go. I don't think i really need to go into details with this one for back up this statement. As much as i would like for wade to play in T.O.

Otherwise, as i posted earlier and now with a source from Doc. that Caron butler is of interest for Calderon, i'm a little tarn now with the way the Spaniard is playing, but Tough Juice is hard to pass on...

Comment

i think one thing that's being overlooked here (beside the fact that miami is as likely to trade wade as cleveland is lebron) is that miami is a MUCH MORE attractive destination for FA's than is TO; i really don't get the impression that miami feels they have to make a move to acquire talent, when they know that 95% of FA's that hit the market probably put Miami at the top of their list....it's part lifestyle, part weather, part taxes...but a part is also playing with wade. while all the non-wade attributes of miami that make it a top choice for FA's are great, with wade, they'll likely have a greater shot at signing a big FA with wade than they would without him.

oh, and i can see a team taking on jose - he's actually decent value for the money. but hedo? uh, no. no. if anything, his inclusion in this package would make riley's nutsack shrink into his stomach. right now, he's toxic.

finally, with wade's recent comments that he would not consider taking less than the max (basically, the idea posited to him was that each of he, bosh & lebron take less than the max so they could play together), he basically laughed off the idea as ludicrous - he even brought up the 'i have 2 kids to feed' BS (i guess $100M doesn't go as far as it used to). as such, i really (REALLY REALLY REALLY) don't think wade is leaving miami...i can't see him giving up the southbeach lifestyle, weather, tax situation & chance for max money to sign elsewhere.

PS - if by some miracle that deal were to go down...wade would 100% demand that TO work a sign & trade. bosh is a good player, but dwayne fucking wade ain't gonna change his life to play with him.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Hellgate wrote: View Post
                As crazy as it sounds. Miami has the same dilemma with Wade as the Raps do with Bosh. After this season they could loose Wade if they can't sign the right players. It's all a big risk.
                Hellgate, D-Wade has all but guaranteed he's coming back. They've also proven they're willing to do what it takes to win and more importantly they're capable of making the right moves to win. As proof he has a ring on his finger. Consider it his wedding ring from the Heat because he's not going anywhere.

Comment

Yertu damkule, what are you talking about when you say 95% of free agents sign with Miami. WHO! they never land free agents ever. The one's they do are shit players. Who are all over paid and over rated. Since that Championship year what good FA's have they signed.
                  Acually Miami dispite the weather has got to be one of the worst places to play. They treat their players like shit and unless your their star player your always on the trade block.
                  And Apollo besides the year they traded for Shaq which is ancient history already, when have the heat ever made the right moves. For many many years before 05 and all the years after they have been an average and sometime terrible team, which is how they were able to draft beasly #2. And you can't use injuries as an excuse.
                  Even if this trade is just a pipe dream, Apollo you have to addmit it would make for a great story.
                  Just what the Raps would need to get noticed.
                  Last edited by Hellgate; Tue Jan 19, 2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

There would be riots in Miami.
                    Unless Wade says trade me, I'm leaving. Miami's ownership would never approve this.
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

It's not realistic, that will never happen, but...
                      Acctually, I wouldn't do it because Wade won't re-sign with the raptors next season and we're loosing three startes (our best PG and a really good prospect) and a first round which has already been sent to the heat in last year trade

Comment

haha that's pretty hilarious when sports superstars say "I have 2 kids to feed" thus I require massive amounts of money. Those two kids must be hideous bottomless sacs of flesh that consume more than Sudan's yearly output of grain daily.

Comment

LOL. That's good stuff

Comment

I don't see why it's such a far cry for a superstar player to want to resign with T.O.
                            O.k lets for get about the Wade trade, because obviously I'm way off.
                            What is it about Toronto that's so terrible? Is it because it's cold in the winter time? It's cold in a lot of places N.Y for instance, or Boston, players don't seem to mind it there.
                            Is it because it's a small city, small market? No because forbes magazine just ranked Toronto as the 14 or 15 most valuable fanchise in the league and Cleveland No.5. If not for Lebron James where would they be.
                            Is it because we're Canadian? is every single player in the NBA a bunch shallow predjudice pricks? No, some probably are but not all. And the less of an ego driven star you are the better your image is, isn't it.
                            Maybe it's because Toronto can't pay stars enough money? No that's not it either because all the contracts are the same.
                            Another reason could be that Toronto has bad managment who are not player friendly. Except we treat or players like gods and give them what ever they want and Toronto's managment is supposed to be some of the best and highest paid in the league.
                            Yet another reason could be that we are just not popular enough and players want to be in the lime light. well that last one is half true but where did Vince Carter make his name and why is Bosh so popular.
                            There's a buzz around the Raps esspecially right now because Bosh hasn't resigned and there's all kinds of rumours floating around about where he's going to be next season and that there's no chance he's going to sign here long term.
                            Here's a thought what if he does.
                            Everyone's so caught up in what guy's like that cock sucker Bill Simmons and other ESPN hacks are spewing out on a daily baisis. Forgetting that Toronto is where Bosh is now and where he can sign for the most money with a pretty decent team to back it up.
                            Last edited by Hellgate; Wed Jan 20, 2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

lol that trade would definatly make the Heat better :eye roll:
                              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Working...
                              X