Raps on National TV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps on National TV!

As a huge Raptors fan, I admit that I do get wayy too excited when they get any recognition from south of the border but being the lone Cdn team, they do get the shit end of the stick in terms of coverage nationally (thank goodness for Raptors TV)

Tuesday's game versus the Cav's will be the NBA TV Fan game of the night (mind you, there is only one other game being played on that night) but nonetheless it still gives them some face time on a national level and hopefully the Raps put on a show and play to their ability - and beat James and co.

My question to Raptor Nation ; given that you have raptors tv, and NBA Fan Night shows the Cavs-Raps game from the NBA TV broadcast and the game is also on TSN, with the usual TSN broadcasters (Devlin + whoever) , what channel do you tune into?

This question does not only pertain to the game tomorrow, but generally (rarely but usually a few times a season) if a Raptors game is being broadcast by both a national(both US+Canada) station and the usual (TSN,Score,TSN2...etc) which would you prefer to watch?

This post may mean absolutely nothing to some people and that's fine - but I'm curious what other raps fan prefer to watch-

it bothers me a great deal to see the Raps getting left out of NBA discussions on the national level- the only way to get recognition is of course - to win, win, win - winning does everything for you in this league

My argument for watching the national one is that for 81 other games we listen to the same guys, and it's not only a nice change but it's always nice hearing the rest of the league and media's take on the raps
    The usual Canadian one with Devlin and co (TSN,TSN2,The Score)
    38.46%
    National Broadcast or Opposition Team's US broadcast
    46.15%
    Don't Care - don't ever post anything useless like this....please
    15.38%
    Last edited by huskies2raps; Tue Jan 19, 2010, 12:38 AM.
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

I would watch the national broadcast for most of it, that is, if I had Raptors TV. Devlin may be better than last year, but not that much better. Plus I like hearing the standard slew of comments:

- There is a lot of trade-talk surrounding Chris Bosh
    - Andrea Barg-nani can shoot the three, can't leave him open
    - Europeans like Toronto

Comment

If given the choice I would pick the American broadcast because 90% of the time the broadcast and production crews are superior to what the raptors offer. I also love to hear the Chris Bosh rumors, how each broadcaster finds out that Bargs actually has talent, and when they talk about "Our Neighbours to the North".

Comment

Hope the Raps can grind this one out.

Comment

interesting...i hadn't really thought about it. since the games in CLE, we'll actually have a choice (well, those with RapsTV do). not sure who i'll listen to, but for a change, i'm leaning towards the CLE crew.

as an aside - i know we all pretty much can't stand our guys (devlin esp., but leo & jack tend to irritate as well), but in all honesty, there are far (FAR FAR FAR) worse crews out there. one of the few points of pride i take in our crew is that they trend towards the middle with respect to impartiality (i know that may come as a shock to some), at least compared to most crews. the most extreme example, i'm sure most are aware of, is heinsohn in boston, but most crews have a clear bias towards 'their' guys that they make no attempt to hide...and very, very rarely do you hear open, on-air criticism. at the very least, the raps' crews tend to tell the good with the bad, and don't spend all game making excuses or blaming the refs. last weeks ATL/BOS game was a good example - you wonder why c**tics fans are such douches, have a listen to their homer (heinsohn) call a game. it's actually disturbing...he calls a game like a drunken, deranged father of a minor hockey league player would. every call against boston is blatantly wrong, and no c**tic has ever committed a foul, made a poor decision, taken a bad shot, etc. etc. etc.

on the whole, the only crews that are actually enjoyable are the national guys who have no (clear) bias. and the broadcasting world has a hole in it without walton.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

CAVS on US National TV again!

{raptors will be the opposition if anyone in the usa notices. lol}
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Yertu, last year I would have agreed with you that our guys were pretty impartial. This year, though, it seems Devlin has crossed that line. Time and again he points out (almost mocks) weaknesses on opposing teams that exist on our own and rarely does he side with opposing teams on blatant bad calls by the officials. Personally, I can take a little bit of that since they are my teams announcers, but there have been more than a few occasions this season and that irritates me.

Comment

Frankly yertu, I can't stand Walton. He's always WWWWHHHHIIIIIINIIIIING!!
                I also don't care much for the Cavs announcers, but I'm going to give them a chance tonight because it is nice to hear a different opinion on the Raptors (although it's usually people that don't even watch the games giving their dumbass biased opinions).

Comment

Did anyone see the interview with DeMar talking about the Huskies jerseys? Saying he likes them and he thinks the "little polar bear" is cool and all... LOL Polar Bear??

Comment

Haha you're not the only one huskies2raps who may get a little too excited that the Dinos are getting some national coverage south of the border! Seeing how it doesn't happen often, I think it is cause to get excited.

Hmmm, which broadcast will I watch? Normally I would say support Canadian tv and watch Rapstv...but I am curious to see how the Americans call the game.

Comment

I will watch the US coverage just for a change. I get enough of Devlin, Leo, Jack, Sherm, Rod Black, whoever on TSN, TSN2, CTV, Sportsnet, RapsTV. It'll be nice to hear someone else as well as getting the US take on the Raps.

Devlin, as with Chuck Swirsky, I originally hated him, but now I've grown to like him. He's pretty knowledgeable, but that's only been this past season. Last year he didn't seem to know much about our Raps. Leo and Jack are knowledgeable about the game but they get a bit too "coachy" in the game ("see how he jumped to make the pass, for those kids who are watching this at home, never jump to make a pass. It makes your teammates commit to rebounding and limits your passing options" blah blah blah). I don't need an instructional basketball fundamentals training video when I watch a game. Just give me the play by play and fill in some dead air with witty banter.

Comment

The game isn't listed on RapsTV until 10:30pm which means we won't even get the chance to hear the American announcers...

Comment

This doesn't do anything for me personally. I don't view this as recognition or validation for the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                          X