Best Case Scenario: Anthony Davis+Steve Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case Scenario: Anthony Davis+Steve Nash

That's how I see it. Plain and simple. Hey, take a look at this video. We got to do whatever it takes to get Davis to Toronto. As for Nash, he'd be perfect if Raps opts to do good and also keep Calderon and Bayless. I think he's the only real good PG on the next free agency that could maybe decide to come to T-Dot. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the show. I know it's High School. But man, this is some great sh*t! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSxB2HZAKE

Steve Nash isn't going to finish career on a team that is destined to be a first round and out at best. We are rebuilding.

I've been saying this for a while but I think we should get someone like Dragic who is young, athletic, can pass and willing to play D. He is also cheap too. The only other option would be to find a way to trade for another first rounder and get Kabongo (if possible). I don't think we should be going after PGs that are about to finish their career, it'd be a waste of a development year.

Comment

Yeah Goran would also be a good option for sure.

Comment

Point Guard
        (name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Deron Williams, New Jersey Nets – $16.4 million – Player Option ($17.8 million)
        Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.7 million – Team Option ($2.7 million)
        Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns – $11.7 million – Unrestricted
        Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
        Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
        Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks – $8.6 million – Unrestricted
        Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets – $7.8 million – Unrestricted
        Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted
        Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic – $7.8 million – Player Option ($7.8 million)
        Toney Douglas, New York Knicks – $1.1 million – Team Option ($2.1 million)
        D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
        Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks – $10.7 million – Unrestricted
        George Hill, Indiana Pacers – $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
        Jordan Farmar, New Jersey Nets – $4.0 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
        Leandro Barbosa, Toronto Raptors – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
        Beno Udrih, Milwaukee Bucks – $7.0 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
        Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets – $2.1 million – Unrestricted*
        Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
        Derek Fisher, L.A. Lakers – $3.4 million – Player Option ($3.4 million)
        Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers – $4.3 million – Unrestricted
        Mo Williams, L.A. Clippers – $8.5 million – Player Option ($8.5 million)
        Jonny Flynn, Houston Rockets – $3.4 million – Team Option ($4.3 million)
        Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
        Greivis Vasquez, New Orleans Hornets – $1.1 million – Team Option ($1.2 million)
        Ishmael Smith, Golden State Warriors – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
        Ramon Sessions, Cleveland Cavaliers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
        Armon Johnson, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
        Sundiata Gaines, New Jersey Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
        A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
        Baron Davis, New York Knicks – $1.4 million – Unrestricted
        Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
        John Lucas, Chicago Bulls – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
        http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Jan 22, 2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Anthony Davis in that clip is like Will Smith playing on Carlton's High School team on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Was basically playing 1 on 5 and annihilated the other team.

Comment

Jrue Holiday is a guy I'd throw money at but I'm pretty sure the sixers are going to do whatever it takes to resign him
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Jrue Holiday is a guy I'd throw money at but I'm pretty sure the sixers are going to do whatever it takes to resign him
              It's a team option, which they will obviously take. I'm pretty sure they will keep throwing money at him until he re-signs after that.

Comment

I think that if Bayless is not working out than we take a look at Augustin, Sessions, and maybe even Mo Williams. All three teams got New PG's this off season, and these players might become the odd man out.

Comment

What you got to understand is that none of these guys will come to the Raptors. Sorry but that's the thruth.

Comment

My best case is landing the #1 pick for Davis and then working out a draft day deal with whoever drafts Kidd-Gilchrist for Ed Davis, next year's first round pick and whatever filler is needed to get it done. With Jose's contract still having a year left on it, I could care less about signing a free agent point guard. I just want to see them upgrade their young talent.

Comment

My vote is for Goran Dragic as well. I think he can be the next Calderon. Young, fast. and good ball-handling skills. Oh, and cheap.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                        My vote is for Goran Dragic as well. I think he can be the next Calderon. Young, fast. and good ball-handling skills. Oh, and cheap.
                        IMO he's better. He's far more athletic and can defend better.

Comment

Dramatically different players. Dragic is more of a scorer whereas Jose is a guy that runs a offense and quarterbacks the pick and roll. From a system standpoint it'd be a step down. I'm a Dragic fan though, BTW. Best off drafting best available talent and worrying about the PG spot next season.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree that Nash is probably going to want to finish up his career with a contender. He wouldn't fit into any long term plans this team has.

I really like Anthony Davis. Crazy wing span, high motor, great athletecism and a good head on his shoulders. Only problem is that he's a total light weight and watching Ed Davis get bullied around on the block has me concerned Anthony will face the same fate until he puts on some muscle.

There are some good young guards available this off season, but a guy not mentioned on the thread was Eric Bledsoe. The Clippers currently have 4 quality PG's on their roster, so Bledsoe might be a player that could be acquired in a trade. I beleive the Clip's are short on bigs, and we may have one too many. Perhaps moving one to make way for Anthony Davis in the draft and acquiring Bledsoe?

Comment

Bledsoe would be the only guy on this thread I'd be interested in.

Dragic looks more like the next Roko Ukic.

Comment

Working...
                              X